Gran Turismo Sport Selected for First Ever Olympic Virtual Series

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 218 comments
I'm surprised that Gallo won, considering Beauvoir won the first two races. I wasn't able to catch that last race - looks like I should've stuck around to watch it.

I'm surprised that Gallo won, considering Beauvoir won the first two races. I wasn't able to catch that last race - looks like I should've stuck around to watch it.
The last race was worth double points, and Beauvoir had a very unfortunate incident at the 2nd corner of lap 1 that put him to the back.
It's worth watching the last race. It was by far the most interesting of the three.

EDIT And congrats @GT5Power I can't imagine what it must have felt like to be leading a race full of GTSports best!

Last edited:
Also these two muppets on the Olympic sections of the stream are dreadful
They seemed lost. Sounded like they were expecting to go straight to racing but everything they said was repeated. Super weird. I guess they weren't allowed to watch it beforehand.

But the guy picked Beauvois for the first 2 races and Miyazono for the 3rd. So what do we know? 😀

Watched it last night on the GT website.

Congrats. Fantastic performance. To be alongside the current champion for most of the race is a great achievement. You have done something we can all only dream of.

It's a shame what happened to Beauvois. Not sure if it was just the silliness of going 2 wide at Larini 1, or if there was lag issues. Obviously it effected Igor, good job to him to pull out of the way.
I noticed at times Jimmy wanted to say Chicane of Death but had to just call it the chicane as it is an unofficial name. Come on GT! Just adopt the name. 😁
Thank you, there definitely was some lag involved, as you would expect from a worldwide online event. Big shame about Igor 😞 I noticed chat being really angry at race direction for not restarting; they actually did red flag it once and delay the start of race 3, but there was no point in showing that 😉
You've qualified for an event that only 15 other people in the entire world have managed to. You finished in the top 10, had a great battle with and overtook the current World Champion and even if strategy helped a little bit, you even led the grand final race for a while! A performance to be proud of! :cheers: Congrats!

:gtpflag:

View attachment 1062278
View attachment 1062279

Edit: Btw, just noticed... Since when is Patrik Blazsan Malaysian? 🤪
Not sure, since when is Mikail Greek? :P
1624552559301.png

Thanks for the kind words :D
That reminded me of last week with Race C. I shared one of my videos to the "Daily" Race Discussion forum and one of them told me that I had given the race win at the same exact corner at the same final lap. He is right but, like what you've mentioned could have been worse.

I have to be honest, all of the races had made my heart skip a beat at least once especially the final. It's weird but understandable to only see a few, if not one local website that has talked about "TAJ_AIMAN" making it to the entire competition. It was nice to see him holding up the position against Beauvois in the last race even if it lasted a few laps.

Congrats! You did something that a lot of people (including myself) think is impossible to achieve, but you did it and even led the final at the same time!
Thank you, it was such a thrill leading :gtpflag:

Edit: Thanks @watto79 as well, you posted while I was typing and I don't know how to add quotes via the editor yet :P :cheers:

Last edited:
In consideration of the fact that these competitors have beaten out literally millions of others to get to the Olympic finals, the organizers should have flown them to some location for a live local network event where connection strength is equal for all.
I want to see the best in the world compete fairly not with each player subject to unknown lag issues.
That’s not fair, not good competition imo.
Darned shame to see the Frenchman’s race ruined by getting run off the road in the final.
Plus it not being shown live is a big issue too.

These guys are the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!
GET THEM IN A ROOM TOGETHER!!!!
Jmo

Literally the only thing that keeps me watching these even though it’s some bizarre thing with them not live together is this…

THE ANNOUNCING!!!!

THE ANNOUNCING IS SIMPLY EPIC!!!!

I LOVE LISTENING TO THESE GUYS COMMENTARY!!!!

FANTASTIC JOB AND BY FAR THE HIGHLIGHT!!!!!

Last edited:
Surveys of the whole event (i.e, Time Trial and Final) can be taken from your e-mails. It's probably a good time to express our views and concerns now.
Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 10.24.51 PM.png

Back