Gran Turismo Sport Server "Instability" Under Investigation

NkDXhN1.jpg

Was trying to do some practice races with a teammate yesterday and the game kept disconnecting from the servers once the races started.

I did my daily workout about three hours ago in single player time trial mode and didn't have any issues. Seems to me like this problem is limited to online multiplayer.

Last edited:
This is an issue that's been there from the beginning to a lesser degree, but has progressively gotten worse over time. But only now Polyphony Digital are doing something because it might also affect the soon to be released GT7.

It's also occuring in lobby races, about 50s into a race. You can be in free practice for as long as you want with no issues, but races cause a DC

Yeah lobbies are a big problem. Sport Mode races seem to work okay for most, just disconnecting post-race. Lobbies, however, disconnect 40-50 seconds into either QF or Race. Really hope this is fixed today so I don't need to postpone more league races.

Had this issue also this week, post race after a sport race, the connection was disconnected, and the mileage was lost...
During practice the mileage is recorded weirdly, so it seems a Sport related issue..
Hopefully they fix soon...

The bug / brief disconnection is not a major issue only in the daily races unlike what @Famine 's article states.
It has made racing in the lobbies totally impossible.
It seems to me that it is a global gts issue rather than a strictly sport mode one.
For what it's worth bf1 servers were running smooth but i think those only rely on P2P tech for hit detection. That is quite different from gts.

Our Nurb addicts lobby ran races in the free practice mode yesterday so there's always that as a last resort.

No, the issues have not been resolved.
And nowhere does anyone say that they have.
Seems to me like this problem is limited to online multiplayer.
players are almost uniformly recording post-race disconnections after online races
The bug / brief disconnection is not a major issue only in the daily races unlike what @Famine 's article states.
It has made racing in the lobbies totally impossible.

Disconnections do not happen post-race in the lobbies as opposed to what is happening in the daily races.
They occur within the first minute of any qualy/race and strike all entries at once.
Although I agree with the problem not being too annoying in the daily races, it is pretty much as major as an issue can get in the lobbies.

Last edited:
The only time I spend on GT sport is for the daily races, so was a little bit upseting that I had to grind for longer to get a car that I'm not interested in.

Russians?
Or Chinese!

Last edited by a moderator:
This must be some kind of software issue.

When you open a lobby, you can be doing practice for HOURS, and everything runs perfectly fine.
Then when you hit Race start, you MATEMATHICALLY get disconnected after around 50-52 seconds.
We've tried all the lobby modes (qualy mode, endurance mode...), different tracks, and it makes no difference, the entire lobby gets closed and you also get disconnected from the GT Sport servers altogether.

Must be some bug in the server software or something that makes you disconnect a certain number of seconds after starting race.
It's an unbeliably strange bug.
These things can only to happen to PD...

Last edited:
I'm also encountering a particular bug, while driving in lobbies, occasionally the sound of my car engine will temporarily cut out for around 15 seconds. After which it will be replaced by an incorrect engine audio. The incorrect engine audio can then only be rectified by leaving the track and returning. This bug seems to happen to me when another player joins the track, when that happens there is occasionally a very sharp drop in FPS for a brief moment and then it stabilizes. That in itself is nothing new, but the muting of my engine following afterwards has never happened to me before yesterday.

Perhaps it too is related to the instability of the server.

Doesn't sound exactly like everyone else's problem so it might not be related and probably just a coincidence, but for the last couple of days I have been disconnected after racing free run WRS laps as well as doing the daily qualifier... the icing on the cake was when I was doing a livery in the wee small hours this morning and when I finished... there it was again when I backed out of the livery editor! the you have been disconnected notification and need to click the red icon to reconnect! Now there's no big problem as it connects again instantly, But I just wanted to see if anyone else has disconnection issues outside of the daily races?

Tin foil hats on guys... that update we got last week was instructions to activate the PS4's doomsday switch so we all buy a PS5 :lol:

Ojk ;)👍

Last edited:
@Mr P Yes it's all the same, since Monday it does it after watching a replay too, basically everything in the game can end up with you having to reconnect/it reconnecting automatically.

:gtplanet::cheers:

Thank goodness for this announcement. I thought it was just me. 2 nights of being chucked out on lap 1 in every lobby was massively frustrating. At least this gave me the chance to do a few more Red Dead missions I suppose.

I was thinking that I might have to go to my internet provider!

Last edited:
Doesn't sound exactly like everyone else's problem so it might not be related and probably just a coincidence, but for the last couple of days I have been disconnected after racing free run WRS laps as well as doing the daily qualifier... the icing on the cake was when I was doing a livery in the wee small hours this morning and when I finished... there it was again when I backed out of the livery editor! the you have been disconnected notification and need to click the red icon to reconnect! Now there's no big problem as it connects again instantly, But I just wanted to see if anyone else has disconnection issues outside of the daily races?

Tin foil hats on guys... that update we got last week was instructions to activate the PS4's doomsday switch so we all buy a PS5 :lol:

Ojk ;)👍
Yup. Me too. Yesterday, when I was working on a livery, I kept losing connection when I selected a decal. :grumpy:

Also to me happened things, all that you spoke here, and also, seeing a video, at the end the net falls ... In this situation only the PS button works, all the othersi cant see them... Hope they fix .

Guys here in Iceland reporting that they're no longer suffering from the server issues, seems to be working smoothly now. Haven't test it myself, but heard from multiple guys, so that gives me hope.

I did a quick race this morning and the problem seemed to be resolved. I'm in the NA region.

I also noticed that the PS4 did a small update this morning, as well. Coincidence?

There's actually several problems with the new "update":

Penalty system - still ****. Went from B/S to B/B in two races. Never got any penalties - just two SR "Downs".

Constant network disconnects/reconnects.

Daily mileage in upper right corner no longer tabulates properly. Mine is stuck on 61 miles - I've driven over three hours today...

Photos/movies that play while game is idle are hit and miss, sometimes displays black screen with just the text across the top.

Anything else you've noticed?

There's actually several problems with the new "update":

Penalty system - still ****. Went from B/S to B/B in two races. Never got any penalties - just two SR "Downs".

Constant network disconnects/reconnects.

Daily mileage in upper right corner no longer tabulates properly. Mine is stuck on 61 miles - I've driven over three hours today...

Photos/movies that play while game is idle are hit and miss, sometimes displays black screen with just the text across the top.

Anything else you've noticed?

Well, we were never talking about the penalty system in this thread. We all know it's still a piece of 🤬 which is why there's an entire thread with that very title.

The connectivity issue largely has seemed to resolve for most people, which also fixes the daily mileage issue. I'd try clearing the game's network cache (it's in the in-game options menu) and completely shutting the console down (not just putting it into rest mode). If that doesn't work, you can clear the PS4 cache, as well as rebuild the database. I've had to do both a few times since I've been playing Sports Mode.

Well, we were never talking about the penalty system in this thread. We all know it's still a piece of 🤬 which is why there's an entire thread with that very title.

The connectivity issue largely has seemed to resolve for most people, which also fixes the daily mileage issue. I'd try clearing the game's network cache (it's in the in-game options menu) and completely shutting the console down (not just putting it into rest mode). If that doesn't work, you can clear the PS4 cache, as well as rebuild the database. I've had to do both a few times since I've been playing Sports Mode.

I've tried all that to no avail.

I haven't seen any mention of SR downgrades without actual penalties.

I've tried all that to no avail.

I haven't seen any mention of SR downgrades without actual penalties.

I get them all the time. There's been several discussions of being on the receiving end of bump draft and receiving them with and without a penalty. It's quite frustrating and one of my biggest problems with the system as it stands right now.

Back