Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

So if we download the Spec II version to our current GTS game we will be moved back to version 1.39??
Or does that work for those who install the game for the first time?

Most likely option 2. Dumb question

So what is this, just a re-publishing of the game with all the updates included, right?
Yep. And some bonus cars/cash - and probably a different boxart for the disc version.
So if we download the Spec II version to our current GTS game we will be moved back to version 1.39??
Or does that work for those who install the game for the first time?

Most likely option 2. Dumb question
Most likely the game you've already got installed will simply read the disc as its license and boot up without any changes.

If you don't already have the game installed - such as on a second PS4 - it'll install at 1.39, so you only have a couple of major updates to download. That'll be a bit of a timesaver.

OK so if the price is high I dont see the point, I mean, you can find the regular GT Sport version for as low as 20€, I dont think people would want to pay much more for just a few free cars and some in game cash.

Most likely the game you've already got installed will simply read the disc as its license and boot up without any changes.

If you don't already have the game installed - such as on a second PS4 - it'll install at 1.39, so you only have a couple of major updates to download. That'll be a bit of a timesaver.
Thanks! So, for me (and many of us) who already have the latest version of the game, Spec II will give 10 cars which I already have and just some Credits?

I will definitely pick this up for the collection.

Wonder if this will boost sales...I was stunned to see that Sport isnt even a top 10 selling PS exclusive in the US at retail this generation.

OK so if the price is high I dont see the point, I mean, you can find the regular GT Sport version for as low as 20€, I dont think people would want to pay much more for just a few free cars and some in game cash.
And the time saving of not having to download 18 months of updates.

There's also the base game - v1.00 - reissued as a PS Hits version, for what looks like $18ish.

Assetto Corsa did this a year or two back [Ultimate Edition] which included all previous updates and DLC which was also mainly done for the reasons Famine mentioned. Having missed the game myself during the first year and then regretting it afterwards, the Ultimate edition paved my way to get the game without all the crazy amount of downloads. For new racers that wants to join GTS, this will be most welcome.

That's in the article...

Ah apologies, I was looking at the Japanese site. So some territories DO get a physical version of Spec II. It seems very strange to me that they are releasing two new SKUs on Blu-ray with wildly different versions. I guess the "Hits" release is just a repackage of unsold stock.

I wonder if Spec II will be on two discs then, GTS updated to 1.39 is well over 50GB.

This really highlights how short the game was upon its release. Imagine just buying the game and waiting for those 70-80gb full of updates before you play. Hopefully they built a proper database for the next game because in average this one is disappointing.

Cross post from the other thread:

Maybe Spec II also marks the end of GTS´s monthly free content as we know it.

I´d be OK with that. I feel like I´ve really gotten my money´s worth out of GT Sport.

We have been discussing paid content in another thread and I definitely don't have a problem with this.

Back