Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

Because the physical discs has already printed and distributed out sometime before patch 1.40 released. No point and too costly to recalling the disc to put newer patches.
I never considered that.

So, if this was started so long ago, why’d they wait until a week before to announce it?

And I’m not saying they didn’t start this a while ago, but it seems fishy no?

You’d think if they announced it earlier, they could get more media coverage, more re-reviews, and maybe even hype up some big update that would coincide with the launch of Spec 2. It seems like an odd way of doing things.

You’d think if they announced it earlier, they could get more media coverage, more re-reviews, and maybe even hype up some big update that would coincide with the launch of Spec 2. It seems like an odd way of doing things.

I'm not 100% sure, but I highly doubt there are going to be any re-reviews of the game just because a second disc was released with all the updates on it.

You may be right and with the last minute announcement, it’s more likely, but because it is a new physical copy, they could’ve had it re-reviewed which should get a better score than it did at launch.

Street Fighter V’s Arcade Edition was basically the same thing (though with a major update that coincided with its release), and it got re-reviewed to much higher scores than the base game.

lol so that's pointless then.

But then again, I seriously doubted that the mythical Spec II update that would somehow turn everything around, and make every rush to GTS in droves would ever come, and it's obvious that PD doesn't really care for it either. Maybe that might temper things then, and they can poke holes into the 'this is just a teaser for a GT7 launch title on PS5' rumors next.
How is it pointless? This is good for new customers.

hi ! :D 19.99 USD & 19.99 €

US
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/27/the-playstation-hits-lineup-expands-this-fall/

As the library of PlayStation Hits keeps on growing, more and more PS4 fans can purchase award-winning blockbusters, thrilling adventures and family favorites, at an even greater value of $19.99 USD (MSRP).

--------------------------------

europe
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...e-lost-legacy-and-more-join-playstation-hits/

The PlayStation Hits range is a great way to catch up on epic PS4 games, for €19.99 / £15.99 (RRP) through the PlayStation Store and select retailers across the region.

The full PlayStation Hits library now looks like this:

Gran Turismo Sport

In addition, a PlayStation Hits PS4 bundle will also be available in select markets, containing:

Gran Turismo Sport

48799387687_d521f822f7_o.jpg

Probably the best 90$ I ever spent back in october 2017. Most engaging game I have ever played even after Witcher 3.
Ive owned every gt and this is the best by far. Sure it could be better.. Name me one game that ever was perfect. But with every update it gets closer and closer to that state.
A little bit hype blue balled that this all doesnt coincide with a massive content/ physics/ pen. system update, but hopefully next month will give us some of those things.
I luckily bought this in a bundle with the PS4 Pro. 330€, less than that and it would be a theft.

Yep. And some bonus cars/cash - and probably a different boxart for the disc version.

Most likely the game you've already got installed will simply read the disc as its license and boot up without any changes.

If you don't already have the game installed - such as on a second PS4 - it'll install at 1.39, so you only have a couple of major updates to download. That'll be a bit of a timesaver.

Wait, what, if you buy the digital version now, you have to download all the updates? Sony doesn't have the disk space to store a copy of the already patched version for fresh installs? Is this 1989 :lol:

I still want to switch to the digital version some time, this week would have been good for it, but still a bit too much just to buy again for convenience.

(Does that mean you have to wait half an hour each time for the game to copy for each patch? Can't be?)

It sounds more like a thing rockstar would do with gta. I hope its more than just bringing updates on disc, i do t see Much point with this, and showing it like this, it should be better, in gt5 there was new content with the spec upgrade. And gt5 was not really lacking content in campersion to gt sport.
They need to keep bring new cars and tracks every month or the game will just die out. And at this point i would guess more people waiting for gt7. However i don’t expect the Porsche taycan or Any new content on Friday as we already got 4 cars this week.

Last edited:
Wait, what, if you buy the digital version now, you have to download all the updates? Sony doesn't have the disk space to store a copy of the already patched version for fresh installs? Is this 1989 :lol:

I still want to switch to the digital version some time, this week would have been good for it, but still a bit too much just to buy again for convenience.

(Does that mean you have to wait half an hour each time for the game to copy for each patch? Can't be?)
I have the digital version. You just download the patched game.

No, you’ll just have to download one big file.

I cracked and bought GTS last night (didn’t feel like waiting for Spec II, and I felt like earning the cars and credits myself), and I just had to download one massive file that was nearly 100 GBs.

Michelin has already been added into the game. Plus spec 2 is just a rerelease with most of the updates.
To clarify. Yes, the Spec II release is a 2-disc edition with existing updates. But in the history of Gran Turismo these Spec milestones are accompanied by content updates and other changes.

The model has changed somewhat with monthly updates. So I wouldn’t expect anything greatly out of the ordinary in terms of cars & tracks. However, I do think PD could adopt Spec II branding and other changes. IE a new intro, music, UI update. All speculation, but not without bases.

Let’s also consider two new GTS SKU’s are being released. A PlayStation Hits version and Spec II. Spec II may indeed just be a way to differentiate the two. But given the upcoming 2 year anniversary, it could also be PD preparing for 2.00.

To clarify. Yes, the Spec II release is a 2-disc edition with existing updates. But in the history of Gran Turismo these Spec milestones are accompanied by content updates and other changes.

The model has changed somewhat with monthly updates. So I wouldn’t expect anything greatly out of the ordinary in terms of cars & tracks. However, I do think PD could adopt Spec II branding and other changes. IE a new intro, music, UI update. All speculation, but not without bases.

Let’s also consider two new GTS SKU’s are being released. A PlayStation Hits version and Spec II. Spec II may indeed just be a way to differentiate the two. But given the upcoming 2 year anniversary, it could also be PD preparing for 2.00.

Are you sure it’s a 2 disk game ????

...I think it's worth mentioning that we've seen Daiki Kasho making new music back in May, so unless he's saving his new stuff for GT7 (which I really doubt considering it's at most two years away), so far all signs point to Spec 2.0.

Plus the fact that, as repeatedly mentioned, Spa hasn't arrived yet as well as the new tire model...

I think it'd be unwise of me to automatically dismiss the possibility of an announcement at the next World Tour event in Tokyo.

But that's just me.

Would've totally bought it if it came with that stupid Audi R18 which can only be won via the Daily Roulette. I'm gambling for the damn thing for half a year now.
I have won 3 of that Audi R18 TDI 2011 (Le Mans) now while some are waiting for their first.

So, uh... completely useless for me. In 20 racing events (KTM X-Bow at Dragon Trail seaside, nerfed to the top of N300 class) I can get all these 450k cars... yes, I know. I'm not the best driver and I rarely get clean events.

The 2,5M doesn't interest me either at all.

No, you’ll just have to download one big file.

I cracked and bought GTS last night (didn’t feel like waiting for Spec II, and I felt like earning the cars and credits myself), and I just had to download one massive file that was nearly 100 GBs.

The way the PS4 handles patches in terms of reading changes to data is very clever and saves quite a bit of time! It's a shame it suffers from reporting issues with disc space even when you have plenty.

Back