Gran Turismo Sport Spec II Arrives October 4

The way the PS4 handles patches in terms of reading changes to data is very clever and saves quite a bit of time! It's a shame it suffers from reporting issues with disc space even when you have plenty.

Clever??? it’s nowhere near as good as Xdelta3 coupled with LZMA compression.

Clever??? it’s nowhere near as good as Xdelta3 coupled with LZMA compression.

I've never used Xdelta3 but I imagine Sony use a proprietary system that would be very difficult to compare against directly. Compression takes place at the developer end as far as I'm aware.

so is this for PAL.. I know its probably on the op but can't clap eyes on it also where is it available to buy is it only available on the Ps store?

Quite a few official Spec II & PlayStation Hits videos going up today featuring GT Sport. A very good way to promote the game 2 years after release.

Far from signalling the end of support for GT Sport. It seems Sony & PD are gearing up for another push.
PD doing that is only necessary because there's still a lot of room for improvement.

so is this for PAL.. I know its probably on the op but can't clap eyes on it also where is it available to buy is it only available on the Ps store?
There's not really such a thing as PAL and NTSC any more. They're terms for television standards, and somewhat redundant since HD - and now 4K.

The download version is only on PS Store. The disc version is in game shops. Don't know which, but try Game and Amazon.

Maybe a daft question but I'm on holiday and have had a few to drink so can't be doing with reading the whole thread...

Am I gonna need to buy Spec II to continue to be up to date?

Cheers

Maybe a daft question but I'm on holiday and have had a few to drink so can't be doing with reading the whole thread...

Am I gonna need to buy Spec II to continue to be up to date?

Cheers

the first post of the thread is a link to the article, explaining it

Went to the closest EB Games to where I live, didn't find Spec II or PlayStation Hits editions, but did find the base game new, now at 19,99$.

It'll be interesting to watch the number of new players in the next few weeks.

PD announces a spec 2 that is only available on the ps store! And a physical version ??? It annoys me Sony always makes things half measure !!

PD announces a spec 2 that is only available on the ps store! And a physical version ??? It annoys me Sony always makes things half measure !!
Well, I guess that's a good thing for those who haven't afforded the game yet. ;):lol:

So the physical re-release that coincided with the Spec II announcement is the Playstation Hits version. And Spec II is just the digital bundle available on the Playstation Store.

No one's found a physical version of Spec II yet, right?

I have won 3 of that Audi R18 TDI 2011 (Le Mans) now while some are waiting for their first.

The problem is that the more cars get added to the game, the less likely you are to get a certain car you want. Assuming you can get all 313 current vehicles in the daily roulette, the probability of it even just appearing among the four cars is about 1.3 percent. Chances are that I'll never get that last missing car at all.

Last edited:
So the physical re-release that coincided with the Spec II announcement is the Playstation Hits version. And Spec II is just the digital bundle available on the Playstation Store.

No one's found a physical version of Spec II yet, right?
I’m pretty sure the physical edition is a Japanese exclusive right now.
In the USA, it's download only:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4337104.html

In Japan, it's also listed as download only:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_4337104.html

And also in the rest of Asia (HK as an example, because English):
https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/news/00_4337104.html

The physical version is only listed for Europe and Australia - and not in all countries at that:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4337104.html
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_4337104.html

There's not really such a thing as PAL and NTSC any more. They're terms for television standards, and somewhat redundant since HD - and now 4K.

The download version is only on PS Store. The disc version is in game shops. Don't know which, but try Game and Amazon.
ah wow, it shows how behind the times I am lol thanks for that famine al give them a look

I haven't read every post on this Thread, but am i the only one that got "Over-Excited", because I confused Spec II, with B-spec ? :dunce::rolleyes::lol:

I don't know about the whole B-Spec thing but you're definitely not the only one that got over excited :lol:

Hello.
I have a dumb question
If I buy the original GT Sport or day one edition
do i get all the content up to date (include spec 2) ?
Yes, once you've downloaded it all.

"Spec II" literally means "All the updates up to v1.39 on a disc". The difference is a Spec II buyer will only need to download four months of updates, but an original GT Sport buyer has two years of updates to wait through.

Is it visible for friends that one is playing 'Spec 2' version of the game?
I wonder because Assetto Corsa show 'Ultimate edition' separately.

Is it visible for friends that one is playing 'Spec 2' version of the game?
I wonder because Assetto Corsa show 'Ultimate edition' separately.
Everybody is playing Spec II. There are no differences. Spec II is just the game updated to 1.39, and everyone has to update beyond that to the latest patch just to allow online play.

AND SO, EVERYBODY IS PLAYING SPEC II. 👍

Back