Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.62 Arrives, Adds Toyota GR Yaris

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 270 comments
The official update notes doesn't mention this. Is there confirmation of it?

View attachment 971466

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_5709576.html

Online Penalty Adjustments Notice (November 13)

On November 13, adjustments have been made to the system issuing penalties in the 'Sport' mode and Lobbies of Gran Turismo Sport. The details are as follows:

[PENALTIES]
- The penalty judgement algorithm in regards to light contacts and collisions between cars during online races has been adjusted.

Last edited:

On November 13, adjustments have been made to the system issuing penalties in the 'Sport' mode and Lobbies of Gran Turismo Sport. The details are as follows:

[PENALTIES]
- The penalty judgement algorithm in regards to light contacts and collisions between cars during online races has been adjusted.

I totally missed that this morning. Trying to do too much before work. :lol::lol:

:gtpflag:

At N300 BoP makes it fatter but more beastly with a power hike. It makes going around Tsukuba fun.

Next weeks Race A is N200 around one of the short Tokyo circuits, what are the chances

I really like it. drives great.

i also did this, since i had to work all day, i'm probably not the first. i went with nice beefy tires :D.

5845742758700023820_0.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I had a first run on the Ring.

mine is maxxed out... about 330hp 1,100kg

didnt touch the tune nor the gearbox. Just RH.

I did two laps against the GT4s.

I quite like this car... although the sound and the seat height make me feel like I'm driving the worlds most powerful 2 stroke ride on lawnmower.

The car is quite obviously 4wd... with sometimes a tendency when you take a corner too fast it understeers.

But if you drop the power out of corners too quick it oversteers.

I wish it has a variable center diff.

Top speed as is is about 260km/h which makes it quite good against the 400hp GT4s. With the stock gearbox you tend to be in a higher gear than you feel like... ie. 6 spd man. reaching to 160mph means youre cornering in 3rd etc. You will rarely touch 1st 2nd gear.

7'45" in race conditions.

Again this is a momentum car. You do best to keep corner speed up to overtake. It has enormously strong brakes so you can dive bomb in corners. It also carries a lot of speed. I think it has 4 piston single piece brakes all round. It doesnt feel like the fastest thing in gear but my only experience so far is with the Gr.4s so... they are pulling away from me out of corners.

I think this car will murder just about everything in N200/300 and even touch N400s as long as its not a SS Route X run.

btw. I obviously won a 2 lap race against professional GT4s around the "Ring.

Alonso looks a little pale here in some corners!

Last edited:

[PENALTIES]
What penalty system...seems to be null,

Slightly bizarre they updated the Nissan badge in Brand Central as none of the cars in the game currently wear the new badge, and none in GTS probably ever will. Or maybe it’s hint that the new Z concept car is coming?

I had a lot of fun at Panorama especially gliding round the turn before conrod straight. Stock with SS tyres.

Now just hoping online penalties are slightly better in any way. Fingers crossed!

Looks like the ability to change camera views in replays has been broken with the update. I can no longer use the square button to change cams from bumper, in-car, hood, etc after the update. This applies to both saved replays and top ten replays in sport mode.

Can you guys check if it's broken on your system?

Looks like the ability to change camera views in replays has been broken with the update. I can no longer use the square button to change cams from bumper, in-car, hood, etc after the update. This applies to both saved replays and top ten replays in sport mode.

I've always had that mapped to R2 on my wheel and it still seems to work for me.

Ok I had a first run on the Ring.

mine is maxxed out... about 330hp 1,100kg

didnt touch the tune nor the gearbox. Just RH. 7'45" in race conditions.

Again this is a momentum car. You do best to keep corner speed up to overtake. It has enormously strong brakes so you can dive bomb in corners. It also carries a lot of speed. I think it has 4 piston single piece brakes all round.

I did a sub 8 minute time (very close to my R34 time) stock with sports hard tyres. I was very surprised by its lap time, that's for sure. I actually found its brakes felt rather weak. :confused:

. I actually found its brakes felt rather weak. :confused:

It’s a bit nervous under braking isn’t it? But to be fair, it is still a subcompact hatch. That short wheelbase will lead to a bit of instability.

Ran about 7-8 laps last night around the Sardegna rally track, and found it work really well completely stock (TCS and all).

Last edited:
I've always had that mapped to R2 on my wheel and it still seems to work for me.
I have a G29 and the update included support for the G923. Looks like it broke the mapping. By default, change view is mapped to R1 on the PS controller, which still works fine.
Can't get change view to work at all from the wheel. Tried mapping it to other buttons to no avail. At least the controller still works.

Still works for me, although I can't tell you what the button is as it's different when using the wheel or the pad and depending on what account I'm on because I've changed it on one and not the other/s. :lol:

I think I need to fix that really. 💡

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
I totally agree mate the brakes are very weak, I am tuning up the car but it would be better if the car had better brakes.

I can only think that this is driving style related. The car only has 330hp max and it doesnt weigh much. I never found like it got to high enough speed to need better brakes.

I can only think that this is driving style related. The car only has 330hp max and it doesnt weigh much. I never found like it got to high enough speed to need better brakes.
True even with trail braking it does help but it is still weak, and you say it has enormously strong brakes but it has none of that what you said.

Fun fact: You can't do a donut in this car. It's a brilliant illustration of this car's trick 4WD system. PD have done a lot of work under the skin to ensure that this car responds and drives like the real thing. This is an advanced little car that punches above it's weight, with great handling and playfulness that leaves many modern cars in the dust. I couldn't believe how sharp it felt out the box. It rightfully earns the title of homologation special.

True even with trail braking it does help but it is still weak, and you say it has enormously strong brakes but it has none of that what you said.

I say that in a 2 lap battle with the Gr4's... I'm able to outbrake the Huracans when overtaking. I can certainly see the weak brakes in the McLaren F1s and Vulcans but I never felt much weakness in this even when I overcooked the car a bit deep into some corners.

I have a G29 and the update included support for the G923. Looks like it broke the mapping. By default, change view is mapped to R1 on the PS controller, which still works fine.
Can't get change view to work at all from the wheel. Tried mapping it to other buttons to no avail. At least the controller still works.
Changing view works fine for me on the G29, but it's mapped to square.

Last edited:
Back