Gran Turismo Sport Update Coming February 6

It’s listed as ‘server maintenance’ instead of the usual ‘scheduled maintenance’ so it’s likely bug fixes.
I’ve had an increase in the number of crashes recently and there were also some issues with the FIA races so yeah likely to be just a bug patch.
Any new content would be welcome of course but I wouldn’t expect it.

Hoping this improves the QOL a bit. Been meaning to get back into Sport Mode but hearing about the d/c issues have kept me away.

It’s listed as ‘server maintenance’ instead of the usual ‘scheduled maintenance’ so it’s likely bug fixes.
I’ve had an increase in the number of crashes recently and there were also some issues with the FIA races so yeah likely to be just a bug patch.
Any new content would be welcome of course but I wouldn’t expect it.
I'm not suggesting that this update is full of content, but I think you'll find that most maintenance notices that include a "game update" reference are almost always titled "Server Maintenance Notice", be it small bug fix updates or full blown major content updates.

I feel like PD will include some content just to tide things over to a major update... it feels like a huge dead spot between updates.

Be it be patches or content update, I hope they do fix the loading screen where the car is shown because it's bugged and also the camera settings too.

Also this might fix the issue going on with the PS Store where peeps are trying to buy cars there.

Be it be patches or content update, I hope they do fix the loading screen where the car is shown because it's bugged and also the camera settings too.

Also this might fix the issue going on with the PS Store where peeps are trying to buy cars there.
What’s the issue with the loading screen?

I mean sometimes the car won't show during a loading screen (very evident when you do GT League races or maybe Sport Mode).

I really hope that gets fixed. It’s been bothering me a lot every time I do GT League races. I know it’s simply just a visual thing but it still bothers me.

Plus, I’m hoping the loading times could hopefully be improved between menus

1549442109-picsay.jpg

We've got Rain in one of the Licence Tests, why not more ?
Fog / Mist in a Test at the Nurburgring,,
Real time Changeable Weather / Day - Night Transitions would be the Ultimate.
But really a Driving Simulation Game should be able to offer Different Weather Scenarios.
Even if only set ones, like the current Time of Day Selection for various Tracks.
(Sorry to go Off-Topic)

Fog / Mist in a Test at the Nurburgring,,
But really a Driving Simulation Game should be able to offer Different Weather Scenarios.
Even if only set ones, like the current Time of Day Selection for various Tracks.
(Sorry to go Off-Topic)
Rain really what licence test is ther rain in I must of missed that.

Also what gt6 cars are still missing.

It one of those Northern Isle Infield Test, iirc you are drivin' a NSX or Fiesta Gr.B.
It is a very short "track", not really a race.

The reason there's no rain is most certainly not because the Jaguar CPU can't handle it, if the PS3 could handle it than the PS4 definitely is. It's a matter of development choices, I think the main reason is because PD insisted on this high LOD and eye candy, the combination of that and rain is too much for the PS4, so if they lower other standards there would be some more processing power available for the addition of rain, looking at PDs history they won't lower other standards for the addition of rain. But hey, they can always change their minds.

The reason there's no rain is most certainly not because the Jaguar CPU can't handle it, if the PS3 could handle it than the PS4 definitely is. It's a matter of development choices, I think the main reason is because PD insisted on this high LOD and eye candy, the combination of that and rain is too much for the PS4, so if they lower other standards there would be some more processing power available for the addition of rain, looking at PDs history they won't lower other standards for the addition of rain. But hey, they can always change their minds.
In other words you just said that that the CPU cannot handle the rain on top what it has to handle already.
From the other side PS3 had a more advanced CPU then PS4 has.

It's a very small enviroment,and its only a wet track with the wipers on like in the old Gran Turismo 4 days,there's no heavy rain dropping.

Not possible,Kaz already talked about it.

Iracing doesn't have weather conditions,and that's a major PC racing sim.It is frustrating i agree,i would love to see what rain would look like on a PS4 GT game but if it was that easy to put in there it would be in the game already.

Back