Gran Turismo Sport Update v1.61 Arrives

99% of the people who play this game don’t know how to tune a car, so how is it fair to cater to the 1% who does? When this game is all about being an accessible plug and play game?
The biggest issue is that Polyphony slapped the same setup on all the cars and called it a day. The Alfa Romeo 4C (Gr.3) has the same setup as the Nissan GTR. This obviously makes some cars undrivable and others a walk in the park.
This is why I think some people ask for tuning in Sport Mode.

The biggest issue is that Polyphony slapped the same setup on all the cars and called it a day. The Alfa Romeo 4C (Gr.3) has the same setup as the Nissan GTR. This obviously makes some cars undrivable and others a walk in the park.
Fixed setups would work just fine of PD took the time to actually create reasonable setups for each car. It's hard to have proper BOP equality if they overlook driveability among the cars.

Last edited:
Main Features Implemented
1. Livery Editor
 - The Pilot Sport logo from Michelin’s high-performance sports tyres has been added. The new tyre sticker can be found by selecting 'Wheel' and 'Tyre Sticker' (Standard Sticker) in the Livery Editor.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Balance adjustments have been made to the slipstream setting 'Real.'
- Various other issues have been addressed.

[PENALTIES]
- The penalty judgement algorithm in regards to light contacts and collisions between cars during online races has been adjusted.

My thoughts on no BoP changes can be summed up in this clip:

The girl on the left is FF cars, the girl in the center is PD blessing FF for the rest of the season, and the girl on the right is me realising that the Alfa Gr.4 is going to be continue being dead for the rest of the season.

Great. Just great.

99% of the people who play this game don’t know how to tune a car, so how is it fair to cater to the 1% who does? When this game is all about being an accessible plug and play game?
Can you actually look at the diff of the M6 and say “that’s how it should be”? Like seriously mate, the stock tune works for some cars far better than others especially in Group 3. The tunes themselves as Gr.3 tunes are trash, and as such they are terrible to drive in comparison to even just a base Gr.3 tune with actual rake and front downforce. And the fact that you write off tuning as “oh it’s unrealistic because of this one example from the Nations T16” is quite insulting. I wouldn’t have a problem with fixed setups if the setups weren’t terrible, with some cars outright needing a rework in how their tunes are.

To comment on your 99% vs 1% comment: tuning your car is part of being a racing driver itself, knowing how to adjust the car and what adjustments need to be made to suit the circuit and conditions. Nothing is stopping these 99%ers from learning how to tune.

Can you actually look at the diff of the M6 and say “that’s how it should be”? Like seriously mate, the stock tune works for some cars far better than others especially in Group 3. The tunes themselves as Gr.3 tunes are trash, and as such they are terrible to drive in comparison to even just a base Gr.3 tune with actual rake and front downforce. And the fact that you write off tuning as “oh it’s unrealistic because of this one example from the Nations T16” is quite insulting. I wouldn’t have a problem with fixed setups if the setups weren’t terrible, with some cars outright needing a rework in how their tunes are.

To comment on your 99% vs 1% comment: tuning your car is part of being a racing driver itself, knowing how to adjust the car and what adjustments need to be made to suit the circuit and conditions. Nothing is stopping these 99%ers from learning how to tune.
To chime in on the latter part of your post, tuning is fiddly, not very intuitive, and takes time to learn. It's hard to know if you're getting it right without any reference. It's also not driving - the primary reason people boot up GTS is to drive.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand why most drivers don't want to spend time adjusting camber by .2 and bashing their heads against diff settings, when a lot of people have limited time to play the game because of real life.

It's also telling that in the few tuning races we have had, nearly everyone just hops on GTP or YouTube and takes someone else's tune. We even had a situation where tunes were being sold for a single race.

This "rl racing drivers tune so u shud learn to tune 2!!!!" meme is dumb and needs to go away. Sure, real racing drivers give input to the setup of their car, but in top series (like we emulate in GTS) they have teams of engineers with the expertise to take that input and make the adjustments. This is a video game and there isn't nearly so much on the line for the majority of players, as there is for top flight racing drivers in real life.

EdCCDBWU8AEQY2g.jpg

New tyre logo

They must be either too busy to add anything on GTSPORT and just focus to work on GT7 instead and then there's the uncertainty around the pandemic in Japan where they thought they might be able to go back and work normal-ish but then the cases went back up now they can't go back to work as efficiently. So I think if the GT7 is indeed a launch period title then I doubt we'll get any new content from GTSPORT all the promised cars and tracks for GTSPORT are moved to be included in GT7 instead.
All the updates from now will be all about balancing and adjustments on Sport mode and bug fixes.

"Apparently the slipstream range has gone back down to ~0.8 seconds (according to Twitter)"

That would be good news if true. The unrealistic strong+long ranged slipstream destroyed the whole game all time. Not only in races but more important it made all the qualyfying sessions just ridiculous

Yep the slipstream is now back to 8 tenths but it has also gone back to the strength of version 1.56 from what i can tell. You can see the difference in strength between 1.56 and what it was until this update in this video of mine

Think they were right to go back to 8 tenths but should have kept the strength at the 1.57 version

Yep the slipstream is now back to 8 tenths but it has also gone back to the strength of version 1.56 from what i can tell. You can see the difference in strength between 1.56 and what it was until this update in this video of mine

Think they were right to go back to 8 tenths but should have kept the strength at the 1.57 version

So back then (don't remember the version) they only adjusted the strength and now they adjusted the range? Ah, didn't know that. So now the range is back to cca 0.8s but the strength has gone up again? Am I getting it right? Well, this week's race C is a very good place to put it to the test.

The whole point of fixed setups and BOP is to make Sport Mode as accessible as possible too as many people, thus making it as competitive as possible. They are not going to turn away from that level of accessibility just to cater to a very very small niche of "l33t" sim guys with a gatekeeper mentality. - They meant it when they said "Ages 7 to 77".

You're effectively trying to tell Polyphony: "Hey guys, forget that accessibility crap which brings in decent sales, make this more hardcore so only us real sim racers get to play! - Don't worry about the loss in profits, it's ok as long as our little boys club of l33t sim guys get to have all the fun without those filthy casuals!"

...Also, a lot of people seem to think that certain things are coming imminently to the game simply because a smut-peddling YouTube gobs***e said so in a totally not clickbaity at all video. - Please check the reliability of your source according to journalist standards, and, well, common sense.

Back