Gran Turismo Sport Update v1.61 Arrives

The only cars I've noticed close to any type of stock setting, are the Porsche 996 & 997. I've posted those cars' Porsche Cup car settings in the tuning forum.

PD do wing the set ups. The real '65 Mini Cooper S, do not have a rear anti roll bar. Can't even set rear camber & toe angle. In the game, it has a suspension set up similar to every other FF car in the game.

It's not fair to assume novice players wouldn't understand the different values for each car.

You missed my point. User facing settings are different to what is used internally, including the existence of a roll bar.
For example on the Mini it’s quite possible default bar settings apply no roll resistance, despite what the GUI says.
You are taking GUI values as actual values, why?

mef
You missed my point. User facing settings are different to what is used internally, including the existence of a roll bar.
For example on the Mini it’s quite possible default bar settings apply no roll resistance, despite what the GUI says.

This post smacks of "look at how smart I am".

That may seem obvious to you and congrats for coming to that conclusion. It would seem like the initial first observation is that when the table says that the ride height in "80mm" then is it not 80mm? Are these not 'actual values'?

On more abstract items, what does a F7 R4 roll bar setting even mean? Does R4 actually mean zero. Then why not zero lmfao. Further is it has no roll adjustment, just lock it?

It seems PD wants to be clear on some things "ride height" "toe" "camber" and be abstract on other things.

The system is bunk and trying to make sense of the senseless is just... senseless?

PD is arbitrary, capricious.

I personally dont have much issue with things the way they are. You can pretty much find multiple tunes on a car and just pick one and stick to it.

CHange attributes according to race conditions.

If you look at it, it’s not a penalty system. It’s a driver rating system. ACC does 2 things I like
1. Shared fault system related to contact
2. System is always on anytime you are driving., smash past an AI? Rating suffers. Crash in practice? Rating down.
2 is not really true, you can turn off the rating system locally in the settings so you can let a friend or family member play destruction derby with the AI or whatever without ruining your rating.

mef

I haven't missed anything.

TonyJZX pretty much summed it up.

Again, whatever values they are, why assume the average players wouldn't understand? It's been this way since GT1.

There is one car I followed closely, way before it was in the game. The Amuse S2000 R1 Titan. That's how far back I've been watching Best Motoring and Hot Version DVDs. It has the exact camber settings of the real car. PD haven't programmed the spring rates as high, but tuning brings it a bit closer.

Anyway, with that camber setting, the first Amuse S2000 was Monte Carlo blue. The orange one received front splitters. Rear camber was aggreesive to the point, Amuse dialled it back after the Hot Version hosts critique.

I posted that as PD have paid attention to suspension details. Some of the suspension tuning and transmission tuning allow cars to be replicated to the real race cars. Obviously, players that tune, will be able to do so.

As for this game, most cars come standard with a tunable suspension. There are no GTAuto or tuners to buy parts from.

Fixing the penalty system would get me to play this game again
Absolute nightmare on this latest update, my DR and SR smashed!
Got hit from behind on supra cup race..was given a 4 sec penalty and went from 6th to last , then when trying to pass on a straight, they guy swerves over to block me and pushes me into the wall...another 4 second penalty....if someone breaks early, even if you tap them and nothing happens to them..another penalty..yet when someone leans on you to overtake on a bend...nothing!...it's broken, the worst it's ever been

Got hit from behind on supra cup race..was given a 4 sec penalty and went from 6th to last , then when trying to pass on a straight, they guy swerves over to block me and pushes me into the wall...another 4 second penalty....if someone breaks early, even if you tap them and nothing happens to them..another penalty..yet when someone leans on you to overtake on a bend...nothing!...it's broken, the worst it's ever been

From what so many people write about the penalty system being bad i wonder what all the people think that go away scot free after ruining someones race. GTSport must be a good experience for them :mischievous:

From what so many people write about the penalty system being bad i wonder what all the people think that go away scot free after ruining someones race. GTSport must be a good experience for them :mischievous:
The guy that tap tapped and helped trash my SR last night was laughing afterwards. He has lots of wins and poles, and an SR graph like a seizure.

Regarding the new Michelin tyre decals, does anyone have any idea about what they're based on? I've never seen Michelin racing tyres like that, the closest version is the Formula E tyres but even they're quite different in the colour scheme.

No I've not seen them either and now they appear on Gr4 amongst others if you have decals on your car for other brands of tyres, it looks wrong in my mind..my OCD kicking in is making me alter my liveries to match...a right pain in the ....

Regarding the new Michelin tyre decals, does anyone have any idea about what they're based on? I've never seen Michelin racing tyres like that, the closest version is the Formula E tyres but even they're quite different in the colour scheme.

Aren't the new decals just promoting Pilot Sports tyres, and as such aren't actually based on any real life racing tyres? I assumed they had just taken the Pilot Sport Tyre and coloured the decals to stand out more.

I could easily be completely wrong on this :lol:

michelin.jpg

I don’t know how this is even possible but today I got my DR down by more than 20 000 points on one race only! From 35 333 DR to 15 000 DR. Manufacture Race at Spa, rainy conditions. It is just ridiculous, and of course I think it is very unfair or I wouldn’t be here complaining about this. Please if someone knows about anything at all that I can do to clarify this... How can this be even possible?!? Months of hard work in vain. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I finished the race... still can’t. Please Poliphony, fix this and give me my DR back!

I don’t know how this is even possible but today I got my DR down by more than 20 000 points on one race only! From 35 333 DR to 15 000 DR. Manufacture Race at Spa, rainy conditions.

Sounds like your SR took a big hit... causes an automatic DR reset to a specific level depending on how far down it went. Think it happens when your SR drops more than 2 grades below your DR. For example, DRA -> DRB if your SR falls to a D.

mef
What makes you think the (player facing) GTS alignment settings are the values used by the physics engine? It is quite possible the shown values to the users are offsets, chosen to simplify the presentation of tuning to not confuse novice players.

I do agree it would be nice to have the actual measurements, but it can't be assumed.

Given that the cars in GTS drive quite realistically and differently I would think every car has unique alignment settings close to their stock alignment from factory. That is what PD do, I don't think it's fair to assume they 'wing' stuff like this without research.

While it's true we don't know what are the actual values of the unit-less tuning parameters (ARB, damper, downforce, LSD and to an extent brake bias), you can clearly see from the pattern that every single car comes with 7/4 ARB and +0.60 rear toe. Now the 7/4 might "hide" some true number underneath, but it's highly unlikely an F150 Raptor (front heavy) and a 911 Turbo (rear heavy) would share the same ratio no? And +0.60 rear toe is just asinine. No production road car will have such an aggressive amount - it would kill rear tyre life considerably.

That's just the obvious problem. If you follow the Time Trial thread and the tunes being posted, I've seen wildly opposite values produce remarkably similar laptimes and similar driving feel. GT's tuning has always been trial & error, filled with quirks and exploits not based on reality. I mean to fix understeer, the ideal setup is max front ride height, min rear :lol:

Downforce is another well documented issue. If you test the top speed of most super/hypercars on SSRX you will find they are almost never accurate. McLaren F1 is notorious for being much slower in the game than real life. PD had to add so much body downforce, because the physics engine doesn't calculate underbody downforce enough (the real car has fans on the rear flanks to help the rear stay planted under braking). The LaFerrari on the other hand is so much faster in game, because PD doesn't give enough downforce (which also makes it handle like crap). Most supercars have 100 rear downforce with none on the front to balance it, which makes them super understeery at high speeds (e.g. 458 Italia daily race at Maggiore last week - despite the Italia having that "whisker" flaps on the front bumper specifically to create downforce).

I could go on and on. The fact is, most of the cars in GT have always handled a bit off compared to their real life counterparts. If you mess around with the settings a bit they can get close, but default tune are just wrong most times. Sure some cars are closer to their real counterparts than others, but that's just a probability thing. When you have 400 cars covering everything from 500F to F1, some cars in the middle of the normal curve are going to feel pretty "ok". But that doesn't mean everything is correct.

Sounds like your SR took a big hit... causes an automatic DR reset to a specific level depending on how far down it went. Think it happens when your SR drops more than 2 grades below your DR. For example, DRA -> DRB if your SR falls to a D.
Appreciate your reply. That’s the only plausible explanation so far. My SR went from 64 B to 28 C, user: marco__lopes. How I regret taking part on that race, so slippery conditions and very easy to slide just a little bit and hit other cars, or those who are coming back to the track.

You have to look no further than the "transmission flip" glitch or whatever it's called to see that you can really exploit the tuning aspect of the game if you know what you're doing. :lol:

Now, okay sure. In a league that allows tuning, and is pretty serious about competition? I'd treat it like a real life team would, trying to gain every bit of advantage possible within the rulebook and it's gray areas. But I don't think Sport mode needs tuning. It's simple pick up and play and that's why it works for newer players and casual players (mostly, bar the penalty system).

There's a quirk on the new, enforced Michelin decals for Manufacturer's Series cars: These mandatory tire decals stick to your "sponsored car" once the Manufacturers Series race has ended, until you swap liveries.

Also an undocumented change: Mazda and Mitsubishi now uses their current logos in Manufacturer Series' race screens and name indicators.

There's a quirk on the new, enforced Michelin decals for Manufacturer's Series cars: These mandatory tire decals stick to your "sponsored car" once the Manufacturers Series race has ended, until you swap liveries.

Also an undocumented change: Mazda and Mitsubishi now uses their current logos in Manufacturer Series' race screens and name indicators.
Finished my last Nations race and noticed the tyres stayed activated.
Was in my home screen, View car, Arcade race at Northern Isle, Custom Race loading screen before Big Willow, a Scape. Turned off PS4. Turned it back on. Tyres still activated. Tried another Scape and stickers still on.
View attachment 941689 View attachment 941690 View attachment 941692 View attachment 941693 View attachment 941694

Entered livery editor. Open current livery. Exit without saving. Still activated. Enter livery. Place default livery. Save. No tyre branding.

Wonder if it'll stay active next time I do an FIA GR.4 race.

Back