Gran Turismo Sport v1.23 Now Available: New Circuit de Sainte-Croix, Mercedes F1 Car and More

the overall display area in-game is slightly larger than fits on the TV
Click on the top left "GT" menu button, on pretty much any menu screen, then Options > Display Settings > Display Settings Assistant. Click next through the assistant (if you don't want to change anything else) until you get to the screen display area portion.

Alternatively, check to see if your TV has got an overscan mode (turn that off if it has) or just see if the TV's picture scaling (4:3, 16:9, zoom, etc) option is set correctly (some, more expensive, TV's known and remember what devices were plugged into them, and can retain/reuse specific settings, or just guess the most appropriate scaling if they're unsure).

I recently picked up a PSPro and the first time I played GTS was after this update. Some of the car icons in the garage are not showing and the overall display area in-game is slightly larger than fits on the TV. Any advice on how to fix this? Never had this issue on my Slim.

What you comment on the image larger than the screen area is a problem of your television that is using the overscan option, an old technique required in the old transmissions that trims the edges and enlarges the images.

The PS4 has options to adjust the visible area as you can see in these instructions:

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/areasettings.html

But you should not use that option since right now you are surely losing part of the images of any input of your TV, not only the PS4, and also you will have a more blurred rescaling image.

What you must do is check that the your PS4 display area is the biggest and then deactivate the overscan of your TV settings. That option changes its name according to the model and television brand.

https://www.howtogeek.com/252193/hdtv-overscan-what-it-is-and-why-you-should-probably-turn-it-off/

This new version upgraded had change my X
Bow setup that is undriveable. I do not know the other cars yet.
Its so tiresome they keep changing that effect the car preformance.

Am I the only one who found the sound of 787B awful? Where is the screamer we know and love? Even in GT4 it was somewhat close to the real thing's ear-bleeding sound and now with so much better hardware and samples we have this?

Whenever they release a new track, why don't they release the track in Circuits Training as well? This way players can get used to the track and practice before trying to wing it on Sport Mode. Why release it months after you release the track in an update?

Only had a chance to drive two laps each around the Saint-Croix A and C configuration, and what I can say from it is that, to be honest, I'm having mixed feelings about it. The length is actually pleasing for endurance races, and it feels like I can actually rip a car through any corner.

The downside is, of course the scenery. The bridge across the lake looks like it was a very late addition, and the whole track could've been a little closer to the mountains. The scenery does of course matter little when you're in the middle of an on-track battle.

Whenever they release a new track, why don't they release the track in Circuits Training as well? This way players can get used to the track and practice before trying to wing it on Sport Mode. Why release it months after you release the track in an update?
Well they usually arrive the update after the track is introduced.

Is anyone facing issues with downloading other users Helmets? I’m adding them to the Library but it’s not bringing them up when I try to wear them the helmets just not appearing. However they appear in my library as downloaded when viewing in the separate tab.... I can’t work it out and it’s frustrating me.

$3 Million Credits AH AH AH!!!

count.jpg

Note: meck_rb7 is right, its $2 million credits 👍
Sold for 2 million lol

Who needs Porsches really? All cars look the same as 70 years ago.
I want to see more variety of vehicles. More trucks, cabrios ffs and some everyday cars.
Ummm...Porsche is the most successful racing brand in the history of the sport. There’s a hell of a lot more to Porsche than just 911s. And even in the case of a 911, especially the older ones, they are some of the most unique and challenging handling cars to ever race.

Trucks and every day cars?? Lol, you can go play Grand Theft Auto if you want that kind of stuff. Trucks, lmfao :lol:

Who needs Porsches really? All cars look the same as 70 years ago.
I want to see more variety of vehicles. More trucks, cabrios ffs and some everyday cars.
I think this is ironic considering the country you live in. Boy oh boy. What a silly thing to say.

Anyone noticed how much the track limits at Le Mans have changed? I'm a bit shocked by how bad it's gotten now (you can basically do a small shortcut at almost any corner).

Did they nerf the Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT? I use this car for my daily marathon on busy days, but it is a lot slower than before, about a second on Blue Moon. Normally you had to use ASM in order not to spin in the last corner, now it's an easy flat with ASM turned off. I don't see anything in the patchnotes about this car. Nerfed or bug?

Did they nerf the Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT? I use this car for my daily marathon on busy days, but it is a lot slower than before, about a second on Blue Moon. Normally you had to use ASM in order not to spin in the last corner, now it's an easy flat with ASM turned off. I don't see anything in the patchnotes about this car. Nerfed or bug?

BRUH. The link bruh!

PD making great use of the Porsche license
As they asked through their social media which porsches we would like yo see when they posted that 911 video on The ring I just want to think that they could just recently working on them and that's why we haven't seen any Yet, Aldo would make sense an update later in The year only with porsche (Yeah, I know that I am being extremely optimistic :lol: :lol: :lol: )

When I download racing suits when I go to put them on to my driver they don’t load only helmets load? I’m level 5 atm do I need to level up higher?

Boy that F1 Mercedes drives like the worst nightmare... i have zero trust in this car. First corner Nürburgring GP and it spins... second corner and... it spins. Any suggestions how to handle that thing? I love driving the LMPs but that F1 car is shocking. No fun.

Boy that F1 Mercedes drives like the worst nightmare... i have zero trust in this car. First corner Nürburgring GP and it spins... second corner and... it spins. Any suggestions how to handle that thing? I love driving the LMPs but that F1 car is shocking. No fun.

You don't drive F1 cars like you do other cars. There is a reason why F1 drivers are considered the best in the world.

You actually have to go FAST around those corners to maintain the grip.

Btw, I remember the trailer for this car and in the trailer I noticed the DRS wing moving. Is it or it was just in that trailer video ? I am not this week at home, can't check ...
At 1:31 here:

Last edited:
Btw, I remember the trailer for this car and in the trailer I noticed the DRS wing moving. Is it or it was just in that trailer video ? I am not this week at home, can't check ...
At 1:31 here:

It works, but you can't control it

Back