Gran Turismo Sport v1.23 Now Available: New Circuit de Sainte-Croix, Mercedes F1 Car and More

As I'm watching qualifying for Carrera Cup Australia, can't help but wonder why PD gave us the GT2 and not a Carrera Cup car. Just makes for an endless Sport Mode Carrera Cup.

You don't drive F1 cars like you do other cars. There is a reason why F1 drivers are considered the best in the world.

You actually have to go FAST around those corners to maintain the grip.

I will try that. But what about the throttle? Im under the impression too much power makes the damn thing spin too. It was horrible yesterday. I was pretty much affraid of any turning in corners and pushing the throttle.

Please could someone explain why the screenshots for the new GT League events on this thread, show prize money far higher than on my system.
e.g Nostalgia event - 5,300,000
Whereas on my system the prize money is 53,000
Am I missing out on something?

Please could someone explain why the screenshots for the new GT League events on this thread, show prize money far higher than on my system.
e.g Nostalgia event - 5,300,000
Whereas on my system the prize money is 53,000
Am I missing out on something?
The screenshots are on the Japanese version of the game.

International versions cuts the extra two zeros in its currency.

I think the F1 Mercedes is undrivable. I hate it so much. I tried different setups, even automatic transmission, but i still manage to spin it in every slow corner. Its everything i ever disliked about F1 cars and dials it up to ten.

I think the F1 Mercedes is undrivable. I hate it so much. I tried different setups, even automatic transmission, but i still manage to spin it in every slow corner. Its everything i ever disliked about F1 cars and dials it up to ten.
That's modern F1 for ya. Try turning the power down and lowest downforce it can go. It will be more manageable. And in a race you can see how it feels to be the McLaren getting overtaken byeveryone lol

I will try that. But what about the throttle? Im under the impression too much power makes the damn thing spin too. It was horrible yesterday. I was pretty much affraid of any turning in corners and pushing the throttle.

According to Lewis Hamilton himself, during his lap on the game, talking with Kaz when the game first came out, he said that he tends to do his braking before he fully turns in and when he's at the apex that's when he hits the throttle. If he does it too early, because his tires are still hot from the braking and turn, he'll spin.

How did you like the Delta-wing in the previous entries? :lol:

I bought the 1962 Ferrari after spending 12 HOURS of grinding. I really love the car IRL so I had to have it. However, since it is a 50+ year old car it drives very interestingly. It under steers a lot and over steers when you least aspect it. But the car is very fun to drive!!
Not to mention, I also bought it cause of its tear jerking beauty.
cc16a0e5f19b31c2386957fe6680d7cf41defd4e.jpg
Indeed the most beautiful car of all time...
Interestingly, I do not find it one bit unpredictable... matter of fact, quite the contrary... I find it to be a total sweetheart..

I've been grinding on and off for a week or so, just to afford the 250 GTO, and what a disappointment! It feels, behaves and handles like a modern car. Hardly any body roll at all, in a 50+ year old car! The sound is not even close to the real thing either.
I've only heard one in real life once, briefly, and, to be honest, I really don't think there is a home theater system out there that will replicate a chain driven mechanical tappet/dizzy V12... the frigging engine itself makes as much noise as the exhaust... I've had my solid roller/shaft rocker 306 Ford recorded by various devises, and nothing comes close the the real life aural mayhem that thing emits. Nothing will replicate that sound of... well, it sounds like it is eating itself and spitting out bits of metal...
As far as body roll... this on sports soft...
1.jpg
6a.jpg
7a.jpg
11.jpg
11a.jpg
12a.jpg
13.jpg
13a.jpg
14.jpg

Last edited:
why not puting the 20 millions credits cars in some normal categories maybe for example the 330 P4 and XJ13 in gr1 class no matter if they are slower than group c, lmp and vgt cars, and the 250 GTO in some N class, that GRX class is really useless.
the GRX class only works in the formulas and the VGT spaceships

I've dialed the traction control all the way up to 5 and nerfed the acceloration on the LSD and still having trouble. I think the car is broken and requires a patch. Just waisted 2million credits. Not happy.

I've dialed the traction control all the way up to 5 and nerfed the acceloration on the LSD and still having trouble. I think the car is broken and requires a patch. Just waisted 2million credits. Not happy.

Drives perfectly fine for me. Just can't be in too low a gear around slow corners and make sure you take the corners wide.

How do you prevent spinning out going around corners? That's the problem I'm having.

Go around them quickly and stay in 4th gear and make sure you don't go full throttle till the car is straight because the tires will be hot from going around the corner (and that's per Lewis Hamilton himself). Those cars, as I understand it, can't grip the road going around turns slowly. You also have to make sure you're going wide and not trying to cut the corners.

It's a very different way of driving. Just like Rally racing with the Group B cars, it's a different style.

After trying the 250 GTO One Make, so glad I can't afford it. The engine/exhaust sounds weren't great, the suspension seemed super stiff, the (I guess)wheelspin in 3rd gear, was killing the immersion.

Certainly, not worth spending 20million Cr.

After trying the 250 GTO One Make, so glad I can't afford it. The engine/exhaust sounds weren't great, the suspension seemed super stiff, the (I guess)wheelspin in 3rd gear, was killing the immersion.

Certainly, not worth spending 20million Cr.

I liked driving it around Brands Hatch. Felt like the right kind of car to be doing that in.

However, I agree, not worth 20 million Cr.

I did buy the Ford GTO last night. I HATED IT!! I actually did a few laps at Bathurst with it and just found it to be a big steaming pile. So I sold it. Got 135,000 back after spending 450,000. Oh Well.

Just because a car cost 20 million in credits does not mean it will be the best car in the game. It drives and handles just like you would expect a car from 1962 to drive that's under 300hp and has no modern assist.

They cost 20 million because of how rare they are in real life and to get the opportunity to drive a laser scanned version in GT is absolutely worth 20 million. I think we are very lucky that someone trusted PD enough to let them anywhere near one of these vary rare cars.

The 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962 (Gr.X) drives very well and is a lot of fun completely stock. Its also quite competitive in the Ferrari GT league event.
I paid 20 million credits for it and would do again.

8511891269749867524_0.jpg

Just because a car cost 20 million in credits does not mean it will be the best car in the game. It drives and handles just like you would expect a car from 1962 to drive that's under 300hp and has no modern assist.

They cost 20 million because of how rare they are in real life and to get the opportunity to drive a laser scanned version in GT is absolutely worth 20 million. I think we are very lucky that someone trusted PD enough to let them anywhere near one of these vary rare cars.

The 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962 (Gr.X) drives very well and is a lot of fun completely stock. Its also quite competitive in the Ferrari GT league event.
I paid 20 million credits for it and would do again.

View attachment 759979
I didnt expect it to be.
Best car in game for me, is the S660.

The 250.GTO didn't handle as I expected. I expected more body roll. I expected a smoother engine and not that spinning in 3rd gear, as if my clutch is worn.

As a side, I bought both Ferraris. The 250 GTO and the Berlinetta. I even made a Stirling Moss replica. Loved those two.

Sport Mode does a BoP. Usually changes something. These cars are bone stock. If that's how it's set up after it's purchased, I'm glad I have the option to pass.
If you're getting joy from it, more power to you.

I didnt expect it to be. Best car in game for me, is the S660.

Interesting choice but I like it.

The 250.GTO didn't handle as I expected. I expected more body roll. I expected a smoother engine and not that spinning in

I'm not sure what or why that spinning noise is there. I've never driven the real thing to even remotely guess on it.
I've tried tuning everything to get it to stop and have run all the different tire compounds.
You can get it to do much better but the noise never fully goes away.

How do you prevent spinning out going around corners? That's the problem I'm having.

Try flipping the tranny and using 7th as your final gear, and ignoring 8th. This lets you stretch out all the gears so the car is much less punchy, especially in lower gears. I'm convinced the W08 is faster like this. It's netting me 4 minute Nordschleife laps and I don't use any aids.

The 250GTO is great, however the price model is completely broken. I've made 35 million credits from over 600 races and over 200 victories in the flagship sport mode. So actually afford the 250 GTO in sport mode that's around 400 Sport Mode races just to afford the car. The game was built around sport mode which is why the game was released without GT League. So why does the game give more credits for participating in GT League than in Sport Mode? Crazy.

The 250GTO is great, however the price model is completely broken. I've made 35 million credits from over 600 races and over 200 victories in the flagship sport mode. So actually afford the 250 GTO in sport mode that's around 400 Sport Mode races just to afford the car. The game was built around sport mode which is why the game was released without GT League. So why does the game give more credits for participating in GT League than in Sport Mode? Crazy.

Old habits die hard,PD spent the whole franchise making rare cars expensive to buy and when they made the transition to a online focused game they still kept that good old system of the absurdly expensive car that needs almost one month to be able to buy

The only reason I was able to afford the 250GTO in GT5 and 6 was B-Spec... and the 5 day 200% login bonus.

I dont think I'll ever buy the $20 mil. cars in GTS. Hell I dont think I'll be able to save up enough for the Miura as there's the monthly or bi-monthly stream of interesting DLC cars.

I'm not into grinding and just do my 26 miles a day as there's just too much outside of GTS aka real life.

And this is from someone who just plays GTS FH3 FM7 and Gungeon in spurts... I not the young man who could finish Fallout Las Vegas and all its DLC.

The 250GTO was pretty useless as a 500pp race car in GT6. I forced myself to run it just so I could justify the B-Spec grind for it. I think even in real life, the race record was fairly spotty later on.

Its entertaining to drive I admit and makes a decent drift car too.

The only reason I was able to afford the 250GTO in GT5 and 6 was B-Spec... and the 5 day 200% login bonus.

I dont think I'll ever buy the $20 mil. cars in GTS. Hell I dont think I'll be able to save up enough for the Miura as there's the monthly or bi-monthly stream of interesting DLC cars.

I'm not into grinding and just do my 26 miles a day as there's just too much outside of GTS aka real life.

And this is from someone who just plays GTS FH3 FM7 and Gungeon in spurts... I not the young man who could finish Fallout Las Vegas and all its DLC.

The 250GTO was pretty useless as a 500pp race car in GT6. I forced myself to run it just so I could justify the B-Spec grind for it. I think even in real life, the race record was fairly spotty later on.

Its entertaining to drive I admit and makes a decent drift car too.

The way i see it,the 20 million cars are "end game" stuff,players will have 20 million after a few years with the game and that will be a prize for those who stuck with the game long enough.Just like if we stuck with GT4 we would get the F1500 as that last big prize,that's my interpretation.

Back