Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191003170217.jpg

I'll admit - I was a bit disappointed when I first saw the video duration only being 2 minutes and seeing the screen fade to black after the epic World Tour montages...

"That's it? That's the Spec 2 intro?" was what I initially thought, but then the piano kicked in :lol:
Its the only footage I can find so far unfortunately.

Mine's still copying so yeah.

And forget that someone has uploaded the full intro.

I don’t know about the content yet but the game icon has changed :nervous:

View attachment 855063

edit: new fantastic intro! Maintance is still in progress but in the arcade I couldn’t find any new tracks so yeah everything is as expected!
That intro gave me some serious goosebumps.

I would absolutely LOVE it if we can get a crazy cinematic replay system like how it is shown in the new intro. The current one is already great, but adding this would be icing on the cake.

Since they showed Spa in the intro, it HAS to come out this month. Please Kaz, don't tease us any longer. :(

E: spelling

Last edited:
New opening! Hope it's really coo...

... oh :( I want my GT to be about cars, not about gamers.

Yes I saw the update just contained a new intro, I didn't even watch it, I just turned it off again.

Maybe one of the "various other fixes" will be a good change but who knows, you have to spot them first.

Not that I (probably everyone) was surprised in the slightest that this update was mainly for a new intro, since that is just the sort of thing you'd expect with Gran Turismo.

I'd give up any hopes of any new real tracks. The greed monster has a grip on the track people and car manufacturers trying to cash in on the recent popularity of e-sports. The clips of Spa are just a tease. GT7 will be all fantasy tracks and fantasy cars to drive on them :P. GTS updates are just a dry run for that :rolleyes:.

I personally only wanted a nerf to the Gr.1 Toyota TS050 '16 fuel saving ability due to next week's race C... It honestly hinders the LMP1 subclass by some margin...
But I guess no-one really cares about Gr.1, so I'll skip next week..

They also showed the Taycan aside Spa.
Gotta say you can totally feel the difference with this opening (after the FIA World Tour montage) with the showcase of the cars, tracks and all.

Impressed with it!

Yes, I spotted the white Taycan at 3:29

I've been desperately searching on rewatches for any other new cars, but nothing else unfortunately. So we'll have to wait for the silhouette... (which I don't mind).

Surely the inclusion of Spa in the new intro has to mean it's in the next content update, which is definitely due in October as we know that the Taycan was announced as "by October".

I'm not sure about the new treatment of Moon Over The Castle although its growing on me with rewatching. I do love the second half of the intro though.

It really puts into focus just how much content has been added since release and I like the recreations of tense World Tour moments.

Plus @Tom is now immortalised in vocal form :D:bowdown:

Back