Gran Turismo The myth of 1000 cars . Update 3.

Whould anyone by intrested if i did this for Forza Motorsport aswell just for comparison?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They were already different before, I'm not sure if it was GT5 or GT6 (my mind pretty much combines those two) in which I tested them all back to back and there were noticable differences. The BRZ was the understeeriest, the FR-S the oversteeriest, and the GT86 in the middle. No idea about Sport though.
I coulden't feel any difference to be honest but maybe i am a 🤬 driver.

Nobody would think there's any difference in them, a classic duplicate case.
I know they are but i can't test properly in GT4 and in GT5/6 the V-Spec ii is a premium so it woulden't be fair.

It's not technically a different car from a mechanical point of view, but is from a licencing point of view. What you missed in this exercise is that for cars like this you often have to obtain licences from the manufacturer, race series organiser and the race team themselves, and that ties into how they have to be shown in the games themselves.
Like i said to Famine i don't know about licensing and if thats the case its understandable. But then this brings back the question why do most modern games since the late 2000s offer a livery tab instead?.

(among other things)
Please elaborate if you have the time.

Like i said to Famine i don't know about licensing and if thats the case its understandable. But then this brings back the question why do most modern games since the late 2000s offer a livery tab instead?.
Because the way in which licences are granted and agreed change.

Please elaborate if you have the time.
Others already have, and to be honest you have waved away so many perfectly valid observations already that I don't really see raising them as constructive.

Same here but what gets me is people saying "GT has 1200 cars etc" But it dosen't. I can clone 200 Fiat 500s and be like "Look guys my game has 200 cars!" But that dosen't mean it actually does.

Well don’t obsess about the numbers. You can spend hours trying to come up with a new way to count cars, but in the end it’s not going to lead anywhere because the people who get to you aren’t very likely to accept your method of counting.

It’s better to just say “sure it does, but a lot of those cars are very similar or nearly identical to each other and that’s not something I appreciate.”

And for the record I just want to point out that the Fiat 500 is an excellent little car :)

Because the way in which licences are granted and agreed change
Makes sense.

Others already have, and to be honest you have waved away so many perfectly valid observations already that I don't really see raising them as constructive.
Beliave me i don't actually im going to update the thread based on the suggestions made but im getting new comments so im holding back for now.

Well don’t obsess about the numbers
Im really not i just wanted to share my opinion on this topic.

You can spend hours trying to come up with a new way to count cars, but in the end it’s not going to lead anywhere because the people who get to you aren’t very likely to accept your method of counting.
Of course and im not trying to convince anyone.

It’s better to just say “sure it does, but a lot of those cars are very similar or nearly identical to each other and that’s not something I appreciate.
True but that would go against what i beliave and the resson i made this thread.

And for the record I just want to point out that the Fiat 500 is an excellent little car :)
One of my favorite cars ever.

it may well be bubblegum pink

ex4cRuc.jpg

There is a difference between:
1. Cars that are similar and just differing slightly in cosmetic/performance due to different model years (e.g. all the various Skylines and Miatas)
2. Cars that are straight up duplicates, identical in every way except for the name due to regional variations (e.g. MX5/Miata, Clio/Lutecia)
3. Multiple version of race cars with the same performance, but different liveries (e.g. NASCAR, base model cars in GT6)

I'm okay with #1, even though I would just prefer the best performing/most modern version.
#2 is a definite no-no, but in terms of development time they cost nothing to PD honestly.
#3 is largely redundant with livery editor, and PD seems to get this by only including one of each Super GT car in GTS.

So yes, the 1000 cars is a myth. The actual number is up for debate however. While I don't care about various model year Skylines, there may be a Skyline nut in Japan who does and wants the exact model he owns IRL for example. At the end of the day, we know PD likes to pad numbers, because it's what sells the game. I would love to see a more varied car list like Forza in GT7, but PD being PD, old habits die hard.

Meanwhile, my Assetto Corsa car folder is currently at 1805 cars (and counting!) :lol:

Last edited:
Back