Gran Turismo TV Now Works

• Thread starter mar08052
  • 33 comments
the download is comeing from japan, remeber that. expect slow downloads im sure it wasnt designed for global distribution.

True, I stand corrected.

Review of Best MOTORing:

They do some hardcore testing of some cars and just being as cool and professional as usual. Worth downloading! To bad i can't understand a thing what they say :P

Hmm i get an error now when i try to download the Drift video or the Super GT video. It has ID 1004. (Seems to work now)

I got about halfway done with the Best MOTORing vid, and the system locked up. After that, it gives me an error message that I can't read when I try to re-download it.

The new vids must be really new, because there was only the one about an hour ago. I'll check again in a bit.

It took me about 15 minutes to download the Super GT video and my internet connection isn't very fast. For comparision it took about 2 hours for me to download the 700mb demo

The Super GT video was pretty good, the Japanese announcers were funny as usual.

Downloading best motoring video now, about 20% complete after 5 minutes

EDIT: downloaded the best motoring video in less than 20 minutes. Everything is in Japanese though

I got about halfway done with the Best MOTORing vid, and the system locked up. After that, it gives me an error message that I can't read when I try to re-download it.

The new vids must be really new, because there was only the one about an hour ago. I'll check again in a bit.

My system locked up when my Drift video was about half-done. I think we ruin the experience for the Japanese users :guilty:

I didn't bother with the Bestmotoring one, as it took an age to download, I didn't see the other ones earlier I might try them though. :sly:

Are the videos free, what file size are they? Also is anybody else's system locking up besides the above posters when downloading the videos? Thanks in advance.

Don't have a fast connection at all but they took about 5-10 min max. 👍

Oh! will we finally get a steady dose of Super GT!? :dopey:

That SuperGT video was funny.. those announcers are really, REALLY excited about the racing. I don't have a clue what they're saying, but I get a lot from the delivery. :)

What I can't figure out is where the videos are stored. The system obviously saves them to the hard drive, but they're not listed under "Game Data" (which seems the logical place), and the save file hasn't changed in size. And yet the SuperGT video is still ready-to-play.

That SuperGT video was funny.. those announcers are really, REALLY excited about the racing. I don't have a clue what they're saying, but I get a lot from the delivery. :)

What I can't figure out is where the videos are stored. The system obviously saves them to the hard drive, but they're not listed under "Game Data" (which seems the logical place), and the save file hasn't changed in size. And yet the SuperGT video is still ready-to-play.

Heh, that excitment is commonplace with japanese TV shows all around.

You should check their reality shows, or more on topic the Best Motoring production car races, very fun to watch.

the download is comeing from japan, remeber that. expect slow downloads im sure it wasnt designed for global distribution.

Gosh that should be interesting for my mood swinging Talk Talk Broadband! :lol:

Having said that online play is excellent on Talk Talk, but downloading demos takes ages!

Robin

I think I'm never going to use GT TV. I never used photomode (GT4) either.

Impossible to compare. One is for taking screenshots, the other is for watching tv programs about cars. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a toaster.

The GT5P Demo took me 10 minutes to DL, about 2 mins to install.

The GTTV (D1 Grand Prix) Video took me 15-20 minutes to download

I'm currently downloading the Super GT one now and it's at 5%(started 1 minutes ago)

EDIT: took me 20 minutes on the dot :) [to DL Super GT]

Here's a thought.

What's the American version of GT-TV going to be like? I have a hunch they'll be localizing it to each region, and that they might not distribute things like SuperGT outside of Japan. Which will end up sucking for those of us in the States, where there's pretty much only NASCAR. Nearly everyone I know IRL seems to think that NASCAR is the only kind of racing in the world.

And I wonder how long the videos will be around, and how many we'll be allowed to keep indefinitely? For example, if they put up a cool clip from Top Gear that I want to keep.

Are the videos free, what file size are they? Also is anybody else's system locking up besides the above posters when downloading the videos? Thanks in advance.

The videos are free... I downloaded all three vids, and while they don't breakdown the size of each file, the size of my GT5P Demo file has increased from around 740mb (when I first downloaded the game), to 900+mb...

Here's a thought.

What's the American version of GT-TV going to be like? I have a hunch they'll be localizing it to each region, and that they might not distribute things like SuperGT outside of Japan. Which will end up sucking for those of us in the States, where there's pretty much only NASCAR. Nearly everyone I know IRL seems to think that NASCAR is the only kind of racing in the world.

And I wonder how long the videos will be around, and how many we'll be allowed to keep indefinitely? For example, if they put up a cool clip from Top Gear that I want to keep.

We'll probably get stuck with old episodes of MotorWeek reviewing the '83 Dodge Omni.

I'm hoping for ALMS, DTM, FIA and similar car racing shows.

BUMP

OK, my downloaded video wasn't stored. It got deleted after loading up the game twice. Did I do something wrong?

Are videos automatically deleted?

How do I keep them?

Any translation to this part of the demo would be appreciated! 👍

Oh, I'm having a hard time downloading these videos. It normally takes four attempts to get them downloaded. Pain.

BUMP
OK, my downloaded video wasn't stored. It got deleted after loading up the game twice. Did I do something wrong?

As noted by sinner it looks like the videos are somehow wrapped up into the actual demo file so you may want to double check the file size and it should be 800 - 900+MB depending on which videos you downloaded. I've just turned on my ps3 and all the vids are still there and working. One way you can tell if you've downloaded the vid or not is to look at the bottom right of the black/grey window each vid is surrounded by, if it has a green dot the vid is downloaded already if it has "DL" inside a red box it is not downloaded.

Are videos automatically deleted?
Impossible to tell at this point, but you can manually delete a video by highlighting it and pressing the triangle button.

Any translation to this part of the demo would be appreciated! 👍
I agree it would be nice if someone could translate. Have you checked here?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99237

Oh, I'm having a hard time downloading these videos. It normally takes four attempts to get them downloaded. Pain.
Initially yesterday I was having a problem accessing them, but now I must be one of the lucky ones as I just downloaded the BM vid in less than 4 minutes. :)

Back