Gran Turismo Website Lists Goodwood Motor Circuit as GT Sport Track

So the people who are still begging for a certain track that has it's entire mystique dependant on the presence of one corner and one corner alone, are now labelling Goodwood a 'novelty' track?

Sorry, but Goodwood actually produces good racing all around it's layout, not just one or two passes in an F1 race on the same largely flatout section of the track, if you ask me, that certain other track is the real novelty track.

Last edited:
there does not seem to be a lot of sense paying $1m for a track now in a game that is 18 months old. So I don't see it coming to GTS.

So in simple terms... you are PD, and you have to decide if spending $1,000,000 on a license will increase your profit by >$1,000,000. If it doesn't, you're losing money. At this stage.... since the update's is free (aside from peoples time and broadband costs, because that costs people like you and me) It really makes no sense to pay to add something you can't monetise if there's 6-7 figures involved.

.. and I agree, I don't care. I'd rather lesser known circuits got a shot.

So in simple terms... you are PD, and you have to decide if spending $1,000,000 on a license will increase your profit by >$1,000,000. If it doesn't, you're losing money. At this stage.... since the update's is free (aside from peoples time and broadband costs, because that costs people like you and me) It really makes no sense to pay to add something you can't monetise if there's 6-7 figures involved.

.. and I agree, I don't care. I'd rather lesser known circuits got a shot.

Or, wrap Spa up in a $5 DLC just like they did with GT5. If only 400K users buy it, they’d get back double their investment. It’s a no brainer to green-light that.

All fine and dandy. Except then, all the other circuits in the world start charging $1 million for the license, anddd, racing games go back to the dark ages when we had just 1-2 real world circuits and a bunch of fake ones (GT1-3)

Greed, an utterly ruinous human emotion. At this point, I don’t want Spa based on sheer principle. I don’t want them to have the exposure or notoriety from the most ubiquitous racing game.

You don't have a job, do you?

I do actually have a decent career, though not in a field I’m particularly interested in - so despite your snarky comment, I actually can relate to the prioritization of profits above all else (which is what you’re alluding to)

However, I would like to believe the shareholders of such a prestigious race track would believe in the greatness of motorsports, and the proliferation of it

I do actually have a decent career, though not in a field I’m particularly interested in - so despite your snarky comment, I actually can relate to the prioritization of profits above all else (which is what you’re alluding to)

However, I would like to believe the shareholders of such a prestigious race track would believe in the greatness of motorsports, and the proliferation of it

Okay, so maybe I'm being snarky. I take you've never licensed anything... that's what I should have said.

Having said that, and read the rest of your comment... I'd like to ask, have you ever been to Spa?

Okay, so maybe I'm being snarky. I take you've never licensed anything... that's what I should have said.

Having said that, and read the rest of your comment... I'd like to ask, have you ever been to Spa?

Again with the several baseless conclusions you jump to.. Is this how you avoid formulating a response of any value? Certainly seems that way. Oh, look at that - I just pulled a @MatskiMonk myself.

So the people who are still begging for a certain track that has it's entire mystique dependant on the presence of one corner and one corner alone, are now labelling Goodwood a 'novelty' track?
Must be talking about Laguna Seca.
;)

I am actually really looking forward to Goodwood though. Throwing the Aston Martin DB3S round there will be great fun.

It would be terrible: Goodwood Hill Climb.
Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed-x-Montblanc-photo-report-17.jpg

He must be in GRAN TURISMO SPORT. [ATTACH = full] 820459 [/ ATTACH]

Attachments

• gran_turismo_6_goodwood_screen_1_70324.jpg
    gran_turismo_6_goodwood_screen_1_70324.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That's GT6 bud.

It's literally in the watermark.

I’m quite sure he knows were the photos are from. What he’s writing is the hillclimb ”must be in GranTurismo Sport.” So: basically a wish for it’s inclusion.

And I kind of agree with him. The hill was a bit of fun in 6. Not very long lasting, perhaps, or very useful even, but a different kind of challenge with very small margines for error.

Last edited:
Or, wrap Spa up in a $5 DLC just like they did with GT5. If only 400K users buy it, they’d get back double their investment. It’s a no brainer to green-light that.

All fine and dandy. Except then, all the other circuits in the world start charging $1 million for the license, anddd, racing games go back to the dark ages when we had just 1-2 real world circuits and a bunch of fake ones (GT1-3)

Greed, an utterly ruinous human emotion. At this point, I don’t want Spa based on sheer principle. I don’t want them to have the exposure or notoriety from the most ubiquitous racing game.
Yup. If not having Spa meant a chance of other tracks charging more, I'd rather just not get Spa. It's not like it's gone from racing games either, just play PC2.

Some instinct tells me GT Sport can't support a course that isn't a full course, hence no Pike's Peak, Goodwood HC, etc. Although there are some point to point missions in mission challenge so maybe.

Some instinct tells me GT Sport can't support a course that isn't a full course, hence no Pike's Peak, Goodwood HC, etc. Although there are some point to point missions in mission challenge so maybe.

Are you suggesting that PD cannot figure out how to have a start point and end point in different places? What about Nordschleife Tourist layout?

Are you suggesting that PD cannot figure out how to have a start point and end point in different places? What about Nordschleife Tourist layout?
Tourist Layout has a start/finish line like every other circuit. Not trying to say PD is incapable of anything just seems they may not have bothered with making p2p tracks work in a game that they clearly focused on Sport Mode circuit racing.

I have no evidence or anything, it's just a hunch.

Tourist Layout has a start/finish line like every other circuit. Not trying to say PD is incapable of anything just seems they may not have bothered with making p2p tracks work in a game that they clearly focused on Sport Mode circuit racing.

I have no evidence or anything, it's just a hunch.

What is the difference between separate start / finish lines in different places and a point to point track like PP or FOS? I’m not asking for semantics, but from a coding / development perspective - they function literally identically.

What is the difference between separate start / finish lines in different places and a point to point track like PP or FOS? I’m not asking for semantics, but from a coding / development perspective - they function literally identically.
Not sure, but I imagine you'd have to do different things with the timing system perhaps? Talkin out my ass here as you can tell.

Polyphony Digital managed to get the hillclimb to work on GT6, so they shouldn’t have any issues getting it to work on GTS. And as an earlier post said, the ability to change cars at the track would make shootouts a lot easier

Maybe they just anounce the Circuit, but also give us the hill climb circuit. Every week another car as time trial challenge for having a competition. I hope so.

Maybe they just anounce the Circuit, but also give us the hill climb circuit. Every week another car as time trial challenge for having a competition. I hope so.

The hillclimb is short so hoping it is as easy as modelling an extra layout of a circuit in terms of development work.

Thing is, we have had new tracks added before lacking various configurations even when they are easy to do. Whilst Autopolis had 2 layouts, Catalunya under similar circumstances only got the GP circuit, and that is basically the Club + National with just a tiny connecting track to close them off yet PD didn't do it for the sake of 2 new track layouts.

I honestly don't see the hill climb coming to sport. P2P racing is just outside of the intended scope of FIA licensed sport racing.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as a Daily TT alongside the Daily Races in Sport Mode, with regional & global online leaderboards. Cycling the car out daily, or weekly. This would work even better if we had Pikes Peak as well.

Back