Gran Turismo Website Lists Goodwood Motor Circuit as GT Sport Track

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as a Daily TT alongside the Daily Races in Sport Mode, with regional & global online leaderboards. Cycling the car out daily, or weekly. This would work even better if we had Pikes Peak as well.

Work? I mean they can make almost anything function and work but they have an intended scope and direction for GT Sport that so far hasn't included any P2P races in the weekly lineups. Granted Route X is useless for Weekly races as well but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting P2P races anytime soon. I'd imagine that they would stow it away for GT7.

I hope this comes with some nice classic cars that will make me smile... New tracks are great, new cars are better'r
Yeah, amen! I do need more Classic cars! :lol:.. and tracks.. Why not a Ford Angila on Goodwood? Only a example from the real world races.

Well if the usual pattern of updates is followed we may be getting some hints towards the end of this week if there is to be a
May update, however my gut instinct is telling me there is no update until June at the moment.

I am no longer too fussed when the updates drop since I am going to be busy with Team Sonic Racing from tomorrow but I just hope
there is a nice set of cars or some from my wishlist.

Goodwood being in July I suspect we will not see it until closer to that time. They may be thinking of releasing things near the time they happen so that it adds to the HYPE!!!

I think with a lot of the update prediction threads, aside from car wish lists, the main part of those was people trying to guess the track (when we were getting new tracks/layouts with every update).

With the next track being seemingly leaked up front as Sp.... errrr Goodwood Motor Circuit, most of the guesswork has gone.

I expect the prediction threads to be resurrected after the next update, unless there's another leak!

Goodwood being in July I suspect we will not see it until closer to that time. They may be thinking of releasing things near the time they happen so that it adds to the HYPE!!!

That is when the hillclimb event is held - "Festival of Speed". As PD are releasing the circuit maybe it will coincide with "The Revival" i.e. in September.

We got Le Mans about 2 weeks before the 24H, so you might be on to something.

We got Le Mans about 2 weeks before the 24H, so you might be on to something.
I just want a night version of Circuit de la Sarthe. If Nurburgring Nordschleife can have it then there is no excuse for the more prestigious race, at a shorter track, to be left without it.

Last edited:
When I want a night version of La Sarthe I close my eyes... so much cheaper ;)

Dark sunglasses are safer and just as effective. :P

It *is* a bit odd they never added it though. Who knows the actual reason but one possible reason would be if it was very time consuming with Nordschleife and/or difficult to keep 60fps.

PS I have a sneaking suspicion now that we will get Goodwood Motor Circuit in June and then the hill climb in July.

They've announced the statue will be Aston Martin this year by the way. Imagine a DB5 at the top of it - ejecting upside down :lol:

Dark sunglasses are safer and just as effective. :P

It *is* a bit odd they never added it though. Who knows the actual reason but one possible reason would be if it was very time consuming with Nordschleife and/or difficult to keep 60fps.

PS I have a sneaking suspicion now that we will get Goodwood Motor Circuit in June and then the hill climb in July.

They've announced the statue will be Aston Martin this year by the way. Imagine a DB5 at the top of it - ejecting upside down :lol:
Oh I should get sunglasses... makes sense :P

Isn’t the Central feature a thing for the Festival of Speed though? Or does it also feature at Revival?
Never been to Goodwood myself so am not familiar if the featured marque is a thing for both events or just FoS.

I have a theory about Goodwood being included in the game as if you all remember they did an event around the Hill Climb as part of the GT6 campaign where after xx period you got a notification of new events available to participate in and I suspect if PD were being "generous" they could offer us new
car liveries or prize car's for achieving gold in the events.

Personally I liked that event so if the hill climb was available and the Goodwood race track that would make me quite happy.

Isn’t the Central feature a thing for the Festival of Speed though? Or does it also feature at Revival?
Never been to Goodwood myself so am not familiar if the featured marque is a thing for both events or just FoS.
They're in different places, so nobody going to the Revival would even see the sculpture, even if it wasn't dismantled the day after FOS.

Yes, the feature is only there over the Festival of Speed period and is dismantled straight afterwards.

My post was speculating, however that after the predicted Motor Circuit in the next update (May or June) (based on the leak), the Hill Climb could follow in a July update. Remember that we had more than one central feature appear on PS3, so they *could* be holding it back for the new Aston Martin feature to be revealed. (That's only speculation on my part though)

Remember also that Tidgney has been fed info (from somewhere) that there are 3 completed tracks waiting for release (Not including the Goodwood Motor Circuit and Sp....).

I have a theory about Goodwood being included in the game as if you all remember they did an event around the Hill Climb as part of the GT6 campaign where after xx period you got a notification of new events available to participate in and I suspect if PD were being "generous" they could offer us new
car liveries or prize car's for achieving gold in the events.

Personally I liked that event so if the hill climb was available and the Goodwood race track that would make me quite happy.

If they started time trial events with ranking based prizes, that could be a good addition to the game. If they allowed the use of VR for these it would be even better, it would be great for the VR to be used for something meaningful in the game, plus on a more selfish note, I tend to be a bit faster using it

Back