Gran Turismo world Championship

• Thread starter El Gigante
  • 144 comments
Why is the GTWC so impossible? The other cars don't pit in and i have all the best cars. I can't win with any of them. Any tips or solutions?

El Gigante
Why is the GTWC so impossible? The other cars don't pit in and i have all the best cars. I can't win with any of them. Any tips or solutions?

-

Use super - hard tyres.
Use a powerful car ('Minolta)
Use the practice mode to start in pole posistion.

i win the race with Bob, and i didnt let him pit in most of the races with super hard tires, it was very close races, i only had about 6 gold.

GTWC is only the beggining, extreme all start will drive u nuts if u think GTWC is impossible

practiceand its better if u do the races ur self, I did them with the minolta and used super hard racing tyres and it was easy.

SPM88
practiceand its better if u do the races ur self, I did them with the minolta and used super hard racing tyres and it was easy.

I've got the Pescarolo Playstation C60. Is that fast enough to win? It seems pretty good.

El Gigante

No pitting? :boggled:

Who are you running against? Most of the cars should pit

The 787B won't. The Toyota 7 won't. Maybe the LMs won't but they suck anyway.
But certainly any of the other high-end race cars should pit...

El Gigante
Because at the point in the game where you reach the GTWC, very little of your driving time will have been spent in the LMP cars that the series requires you to drive. If you come back to the GTWC later after having done some LMP class races in extreme hall, it'll probably seem a lot easier. As it is, you'll just have to practice untill you learn how to drive these things right.
Or use the FGT :scared:

jdw
No pitting? :boggled:

Who are you running against? Most of the cars should pit

The 787B won't. The Toyota 7 won't. Maybe the LMs won't but they suck anyway.
But certainly any of the other high-end race cars should pit...

It varies. Sometimes a few cars pit, sometimes none. Like that hong kong race. I'm really bad at that track and even when they do pit i can't catch up with them. Need more practise! :scared:

This is the hardest championship i've dun so far. I beat it with a CLK GTR ( using a DS2 ) with R3s ( Mediums ) on the front and R2s ( Hards ) on the rear. If I recall I won about seven of the ten races, I only lost El Capitan, Superspeedway and I dont remember the other one. All of the extreme events were easy except the real ciruit tours in which I had to use the black R92CP with a level four turbo, the only time I've had to "cheat" so far. I have not yet dun the F1 championship cuz I havent gotten the F1 car yet.

The easiest races for me to win in that championship were the city tracks.

El Gigante
It varies. Sometimes a few cars pit, sometimes none. Like that hong kong race. I'm really bad at that track and even when they do pit i can't catch up with them. Need more practise! :scared:

Ok... ya scared me there :)

The two I mentioned are the most dangerous cars that may not pit. But the high-end cars (Minolta, 92,89, Sauber) should.

If ya got the Pescarolo. Use it. If you're having problems
a) more practicising.
b) qualify

To: xXSilencerXx

We must be opposites. I NEVER lose om El Capitan (If the car I drive can win), but I often lose on the city tracks (especially Hong Kong.....).

El Gigante

Use the Practice mode (Qualifying) to determine the maximum number of laps you can run without pitting. Pick tyres which will last you more than halfway through the race before they go off (R2 front, R1 rear should do it). PIT AT EXACTLY HALF RACE DISTANCE - this gives you the best out of both sets of tyres, with two wear-in periods and NO wear-out phases.

You'll win. Every race.

Team666
But remember that this does´nt apply to Hong Kong. Use softer tires and do a pitstop!

If you use the Chapparal 2J (with R1's), you never have to pit on any races (even Hong Kong). I never even saw yellow on the tires. (and it's 200 points w/out turbo upgrades)

Using an F1 car is just plain unfair at GTWC Hong Kong. I know it's the easiest way to win, but that's just plain overkill. Any top LMP car with really close ratio gearing, high TCS setting and mixed soft/medium tires will smoke even the Minolta. The trick is to get past those other cars in front of you if you like to start from the rear.

When I first saw the Minolta pull away the first couple of laps i nearly freaked trying to get around those slower road hogs. A few blasts of nitro from time to time will get around those road hogs. When I used a stage four GT-One I was able to gain about two to three seconds a lap once I got past the slower cars. A soft, high-clearance suspension will help because it will fly over those shoulders if necessary. I try to avoid shoulders because they wear out the tires quicker.

That Hong Kong was such a fun race and I finished about 15 seconds ahead without breaking a sweat once I got in the clear. I've gone against all the cars including the 2J and 787B. Sure they get great tire wear, but don't go all that fast. The fastest cars weak points are trying to get past slower cars after they pit. That's when you make your move.

I would say that GTWC is a bit harder than the Formula series, but that ain't saying much. I won every race in both and was seriously disappointed in the competition.

Gentry Coach
If you use the Chapparal 2J (with R1's), you never have to pit on any races (even Hong Kong). I never even saw yellow on the tires. (and it's 200 points w/out turbo upgrades)

The 787B w/R1s doesn't need to be pitted either. Although, the tires will become orange at Paris.

ChuckWoo
GTWC is only the beggining, extreme all start will drive u nuts if u think GTWC is impossible

autumn ring reverse - nearly second, b-spec pits on last lap (started pole!!!)
test course - couldnt control the 92cp at all. dont think it needed a refresh, just VERY twitchy on the curves.

it cant be the car as it worked fine in dream car cup

I just put laps and laps down in Time Trial until the curves of each course are ingrained in my brain and the racing line is second nature on every new track. Well, almost. Since I do it so much, the only new tracks I know are El Capitan and Fuji. I tried to learn Opera Paris, but I don't think I like it. Very narrow and much like Tasmania's Symmonds Plains Raceway: a couple of drag strips linked by hairpins (or in Opera's case, tight, technical sections). Maybe I'm using the wrong car (ASL ARTA Garaiya '03 - what's the point in learning the racing line if you're not at racing speeds?) - Opera would probably be ace for smaller cars.

Emohawk
Because at the point in the game where you reach the GTWC, very little of your driving time will have been spent in the LMP cars that the series requires you to drive. If you come back to the GTWC later after having done some LMP class races in extreme hall, it'll probably seem a lot easier. As it is, you'll just have to practice untill you learn how to drive these things right.
Or use the FGT :scared:

I hope this is a joke. How can you practice in Extreme Hall if you can't win GTWC? Maybe it is possible in NTCS but in PAL you cannot enter Extreme hall if you haven't won GTWC yet.

I'm having a problem whenever I try to enter the GTWC. A pop-up comes up, saying "You must complete all beginner and professional events first to participate in this event". I've checked and double-checked, and I have golds on every beginner and professional race. What gives?

Back