Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,503 comments
Does placement within the manufacturer count for anything?
If you happen to be the leading points-scorer for your brand (in GT1 League) in your region and the combined points of all three regions puts the brand into the top 12 (or top 9 brands that aren't Genesis, Mazda, and Toyota, which qualify automatically), you'll go to a World Tour event.

Otherwise no, not really.

How are other's finding their practice/setups/training/strat? I've not even been able to attempt a practice race yet so need to squeeze that in sat morning.
I am curious about strat as well. It's a 15 lap race with all three tire compounds available. Do a no stop on the RH? RH for six laps and switch to RM? RS, RS, RS?

The nice thing about the weekday Nations/Manu races is I am able to see what the Europeans are doing strat wise and what they've figured out, then just mimic it.

Does placement within the manufacturer count for anything? I mean, does being the top (only?!) Citroën driver mean anything if I’m finishing last? Is it just bragging rights?
If you happen to be the leading points-scorer for your brand (in GT1 League) in your region and the combined points of all three regions puts the brand into the top 12 (or top 9 brands that aren't Genesis, Mazda, and Toyota, which qualify automatically), you'll go to a World Tour event.

Otherwise no, not really.
Famine brings up another point to consider... all drivers are broken down into three categories: GT1, GT2, and GT3. Which one you fall into is contingent on your DR. Since you're a B rated driver, you'd be in GT2 and (no offense) would not be considered for a GTNWS. That's why I said earlier, if you're a super-king-alien all these things like mean a lot to you, but for the rest of us (even if you're in GT1), odds are it's not applicable. Run what you want and just have fun.

image-1-43-800x450.jpg

"You’re likely familiar with this by now, but the GT World Series operates on a bracket system. Players who have a Driver Rating of A or better will be in the “GT1 League”, those with a DR of B in the “GT2 League”, and those of DR C or lower in the “GT3 League”.

Only those players in GT1 League will be eligible for the finals events and the coveted “S” Driver Rating rank. We’re not expecting any invitations on the strength of this series, but then again we wouldn’t count it out entirely with the 2019 championship as precedent.

Although your Driver Rating may change across the course of the event, you will be locked into the League appropriate to your Driver Rating when you enter your first race in each championship. You’ll score championship points, relative to the Driver Rating score of all players in your particular race, no matter which League you are in."

E1BA312A-C2E5-410E-AFC0-C587A274FA1C.jpeg1F4845FB-5D24-4B99-A728-880007ECC9D5.jpeg

After spending a good week testing Aston Martin, Lexus and even Audi I decided to go with Aston Martin again.

I really want to go with Lexus, as it’s not a brand I’ve not used before but after the testing the Gr3 RCF I’m just not consistent enough. The rear likes to spin round. Tested Audi as well, as Ive not driven the R8 Gr3 car much at all, and I really like the way the car drives. Only downside is I’m just not quick in it. So back in the Aston Martin. Didn’t want to go Porsche as I know it will be OP at Nurburgring, and I expect it will be OP at Fuji too in the wet. Also the Gr4 race the Cayman will be poor. Nissan is the obvious choice. GTR 13 will be good at both races, and GTR will be decent in the Gr4 race too.

On my 2nd account I have picked Lexus, but I’m a bit reluctant to use that account for GTWS, but I shall see.

How are other's finding their practice/setups/training/strat? I've not even been able to attempt a practice race yet so need to squeeze that in sat morning.
I am curious about strat as well. It's a 15 lap race with all three tire compounds available. Do a no stop on the RH? RH for six laps and switch to RM? RS, RS, RS?

The nice thing about the weekday Nations/Manu races is I am able to see what the Europeans are doing strat wise and what they've figured out, then just mimic it.
So I did a quick test session tonight, and I think the strat is RH/RM or RM/RH depending on starting position. I don’t think the 2 stop and going onto the softs will be quick enough. RM for me lasted around the 10/11 laps. Fuel is fine don’t need to worry about that.

Got my work cut out in the Aston. So far I’ve found it’s about 3/4 tenths slower than the Porsche. So in the daily races I set a 1.55.8 in the Porsche on RM. Aston I could only set a 1.56.4 on RM and RS I got a 1.55.2. My optimal is 1.55.0 if I can hook the lap up.
S1 - I can nail this sector and then next lap I can half a second down. Im not consistent in this sector.
S2 - ok through here
S3 - the final chicane I hate. So I know you have to launch the car over the green bollard, but I just don’t get how people can get on the throttle straight away and not spin the rear?

Famine brings up another point to consider... all drivers are broken down into three categories: GT1, GT2, and GT3. Which one you fall into is contingent on your DR. Since you're a B rated driver, you'd be in GT2 and (no offense) would not be considered for a GTNWS.
Ahem . . . I’m an A driver, sir! And no, no offense taken! I may be a B by Saturday! I’m going to do the Manu race regardless.

Out of curiosity, if I don’t do well am I allowed to switch manufacturers and run again?

Last edited:
So I did a quick test session tonight, and I think the strat is RH/RM or RM/RH depending on starting position. I don’t think the 2 stop and going onto the softs will be quick enough. RM for me lasted around the 10/11 laps. Fuel is fine don’t need to worry about that.
So it sounds like it will be very similar to last week's C. RMs as long as possible, then RHs for the remainder. Dang, was really hoping the RS would come into play... other than quali.

Ahem . . . I’m an A driver, sir! And no, no offense taken! I may be a B by Saturday! I’m going to do the Manu race regardless.

Out of curiosity, if I don’t do well am I allowed to switch manufacturers and run again?
As AFC said, you can't change once you've decided. But, it's only three total races so it's not the end of the world. When the next set of Manu races comes along, you can choose a different one.

Last edited:

Sign up before any potential drop in DR. If you join as A you’re on gt1 which is where you’ll have the most competition and it will be similar to what you are currently racing.

If you did by chance drop to B before signing up, you’ll be in gt2 for the 3 events and although you may do very well, it will be less satisfying.
Speaking from experience, I did one race in gt 2 on alt account last round as a B and the difference in competition from low A back to B was noticeable.
I’d rather struggle to place mid pack and learn rather than place top five or higher in a field that is not quite as competitive.

Do it!!!! You won’t regret 😁

My .02

S3 - the final chicane I hate. So I know you have to launch the car over the green bollard, but I just don’t get how people can get on the throttle straight away and not spin the rear?
R.0c0f7f2f255b0d7188ea0c2fcb0529cb

So it sounds like it will be very similar to last week's C. RMs as long as possible, then RHs for the remainder. Dang, was really hoping the RS would come into play... other than quali.
It may in the lower leagues early on as people don't notice the rules.

If you have a bad race, you can enter the other slots available and re-run your race, but once you start a new race your last result is wiped off. So say if in race 1 you finish P5 but know you can get P1 and then finish P14 in race 2, that race 2 result is what will count towards your points. So they is a bit of risk reward in these races too.
Once you’ve selected your manu for the season you’re locked in. At the minute in exhibition season you can swap manu after the end of that season but once the main tournament starts you can’t switch.
Last year they had 2 official season. Season 1 is when you pick your manufacturer and this where you need to choose carefully. The first 10 races are already announced so you know what tracks and combos are used, but Season 2 you don’t know the tracks or combos.

I really enjoy participating in these events. I might not be racing for a spot in the GTWS Finals, but trying to gain points and be the best in your league is fun. Manufactures for me has some of the best racing I’ve ever done on the game. You always have a mix manufactures and they is always alot of unpredictability in them. Championships.

WRT strategy, in practice (in the Citroen) I've found it to be a 4H/11M strategy. With the length of the pitstop and the relatively low tyre wear running the softs at any point (other than in qualifying) seems sub optimal.

So I bravely jumped into the 5th slot of the day to run my attempt at Manufacturers in my untrustworthy Hyundai. I struggle at Nurb GP anyway so wasn't expecting much. Had a slow but okayish enough qualifying lap but was only good enough for p13.

An eventful couple of laps followed and I made it to p9 until I lost it. Ran wide at the downhill hairpin and dropped a couple spots. Then felt I was sliding a lot so decided to pit. And promptly ran wide and went head on into the end of the pit wall. So was going to pit end of lap 6 and I got this wonderful notice:
185f78f08a873-2310EABBF30A9F3F777.357431F0449CFDBC_message_428773248211128_1674895500824.jpg

So yeah. Not waiting another hour and a half to run another slot at 11pm in a slower car on a track where I'm terrible. Thanks PD. Always springing surprises

I ran the 3rd and 4th slots in Asia for Porsche.

Slot 3: Qualified 4th, started on hards and let p5, clearly on mediums, through on lap 2. Lap 5 I got caught by p6 in the Schumacher esses so decided to put and just let him run. Like @Redneckchef I completely botched the pit entry and hit the end of the pit wall. Lost about 8 seconds reversing and then re-entering.

Exited in p10 with a 3 second pit lane penalty. P12 after the penalty and then, as I was taking chunks out of the group ahead, I got the final chicane wrong, bounced off the kerb and into the wall. Race over. Eventually limped home in p10. 152 points.

Slot 4: Oh my goodness. Stronger lobby this time. Q3 with a GTR on pole and a Supra in Q2. The GTR is so slow off the line that both the Supra and I caught him by the 100 board. The Supra goes outside and I go inside, but the GTR brakes early and tries to cover the apex. He hits my side and bounces wide across the track. I try and give him room to get back on, which he does, but bumps me again in the process. The pack has now descended and because I’m now unstable, a hit in the rear panel turns me around. When I manage to point it the right way I’m 16 seconds behind the leader and 9 seconds behind second last.

The good news is that I’m now in clean air and do 5 solid laps on the hards. Get the pit entry right this time and rejoin DFL. I make up a couple of places as cars leave the track and then, around lap 7, the other pit stops start. By lap 10 I’m up to p8 and p4-7 are all on hards. P6 and 7 break out in a flurry of contact before p7 goes full punt at the hairpin on lap 11, kills p6 and gets himself a 4 second penalty.

Starting lap 12 2.5 seconds behind p5, an Australian streamer, I get to the end of the Schumacher esses on lap 13 right on his bumper. He brakes early and lets me go by (kudos Omega if you see this) and I put my head down in pursuit of p4, the pole sitting GTR. I push hard, but the mediums are getting sketchy and I can’t keep the pace up without sliding around. I decide the smart play is to stay safe and consolidate 5th. It works and that’s where I finish. 205 points.

What might have been if it weren’t for my mistake at turn 1…

Not yet sure if I might go again later.

Early slot 2 down in Euro GT3 on the 2nd account. Picked up the 3s penalty immediately on leaving the pits but managed to pull out a half-decent lap 2nd time round for P7. Started on hards, turned out I was the only one of the frontrunners to do so. Steady enough to start, lost ground to the leaders and was starting to cause a train so ducked into the pits on lap 4. A bit of a mistake in the slidey Citroen, my tyres were pretty much shot on the final lap.

IMG_3219.JPG

Lost a couple of places at the hairpin but got one back at the final chicane as the GTR and Corvette clashed. A nice solid 6th at probably my least favourite track. I really love this car but need to be a bit more cautious with the strategy.

IMG_3221.JPG

Not sure if I'm going to enter with the main account in GT2. I struggled mightily in the recent Daily Race here at that level, and Fuji won't be much better. Maybe I should target the lone race in the Gr.4s and pick something for that.

A certain @Mistah_MCA, on Twitter, said that Ford might be decent, so I said "Let's try that" :dopey:

I get another proof that A/S races are really fun in the GTWS and can lead to good videos, surely when the GT decided to not turn at the end of lap one (and then overturned) so it was remuntada time, at least for the podium :lol:

I got a question, however: at 04:50 it was my fault or his ? :irked:

Last edited:
Can't complain too much with 11am slot P8-P8 race at NGP today. Clearly not best suited for Suzuki, but a very fun drive nonetheless.

I have one serious complaint, and I think it's justified. The only on-track battle I had was with a Mitsubishi who qualified behind me, I think our tyre strategy matched up although he pitted a lap later than I did.

He overtook me on lap one as he took advantage of the Lancer's superior handling on the infield, and the next time I had him close was on his out lap, coming out a little closer than I had left him on my in lap. He must've got caught out with fresh rubber because I managed to pass him and establish a ≈1.5s gap which lasted most of the remainder.

As my Mediums started to hurt on the penultimate lap, I make a few mistakes and I have him closing in and end up letting him pass me on the final turn, knowing that I'll have him at turn 1. I take the narrow line and it looks like I've make the move stick...Well, he only decides to get up my ass into the braking zone and gives me a nice little dink which almost sends me into the gravel. And off he goes without a care in the world.

Luckily I didn't lose any further positions but a very disappointing end to my one and only available slot for this round.

Post Race chat: I'm sorry. That was a phenomenal race

No, it wasn't a phenomenal race because you ruined it, and no you aren't sorry because you took your 7th position to the bank without hesitation. Now I have to go to work and ruminate over this all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried my RS.01 on Nurb GP and it didn't end well lol

5 min qualifaction is way too short , i could barely do 1 good lap - P13

Race started kinda ok , some punted others , me aswell - almost all of the grid went with medium i went hards , there was a guy who forgot to change his tires from Soft so he ended up last
Poor RS.01 aint fast enough for i been hovering around P13-P15 , pitted after the 5th lap i wish i did it way sooner tho , i didn't help much , some did spun out so i ended up P13 - i am dissapointed by myself , oh well better luck next time :/

Not sure if I'm going to enter with the main account in GT2. I struggled mightily in the recent Daily Race here at that level, and Fuji won't be much better. Maybe I should target the lone race in the Gr.4s and pick something for that.
Decided to give it a go in GT2 on my proper B/S account. Found a very nice livery for the Genesis X - thank you Excellence_Deano, it brought me luck.

IMG_3223.JPG

Qualified 3rd in the 56s which was a great surprise. Started on the mediums, a mistake as I lost time having a great battle for the podium with a Lambo and Porsche. Got overexcited, it was fun being back at the pointy end. Stayed out too long, pitted lap 10 from the lead but lost position to those having the undercut. Ended up 5th which was by far my best result for a while in DR B races.

IMG_3222.JPG

Looking forward to the next round as I'm usually better in the G70 and will have the AWD advantage over a few.

My manufacturers is over!

Did some practice before the race and I just could find the rhythm or pace.

Quali - I put it on P7, and was about 1.8 seconds of P1.
Race - Started on hards and got off to an ok start. T1 had no dramas but then the next few corners were a bit more dirtier. A few trying the old push to pass method. Lap 2 I was still i P7 but then T4 I got on the throttle a little too quickly so was passed by P8, then at the chicane the yellow flags came out to which P9 then decided they were going to overtake me and they also got away with no penalty. I don’t understand the yellow flag pen as some people get the, and some don’t. Lap 4 pitted for mediums and I had a bit of a slow outlap. After that made a few small errors and finished P9. Too, away 78 points in my DR B lobby.

So I decided to go for Race 2
Quali - P14. My lap was just over 2 seconds slower than P1. I knew at this point it was going to be a struggle.
Race - again started hards. Managed to gain 4 places on the opening lap, so up to P10. The car who quali in P16 i think had some quali issues as the lobby chat had a few nastys between two drivers, so I guess they were driving angry. They caught me up and in the braking zones were constantly rear ending me and they pitted lap 1 to do an 2 stop. Again I was making a few error on hards and lost a place to P11. Lap 5 I pitted this time, outlap I went wide on to the grass. Managed to hold on to the place. After that clean air I was putting in ok laps and after the round of pits stops I was back up to P10. The the angry driver on the 2 stops pitted for his second stop and just came out behind me but with a 3 second pen. Again they desperate get pass but I had covered the corner but they still decided to and divebomb. Few laps later they divebombed me again and past me, and then I saw them divebomb the car ahead. Last 4 laps I lost 2 places and finished P12.

Should have stuck with my race 1 result but I guess that the risk reward factor of these races.
Just don’t have the pace at this track to compete really. I could only mange a 1.55.2 in time trial and quali laps were mid 1.56’s. Race pace was 1.57-1.58 on mediums, and 1.59-2.00 on hards. Going to give up on this combo.

I’m a masochist at heart, so I went again. In FP before the event I noticed that my throttle wasn’t fully opening and I suddenly understood why I hadn’t been able to match my previous FP time in any of my practice today. A quick clean of the LCMs and I was immediately back within a couple of tenths of my best time.

It paid off in qualy and I was q2 just 0.034 off Q1. Started on mediums this time and within 2 laps I knew that I was racing for 2nd. Ran a very solid 10 laps and ran 2 extra laps on the mediums than p1. Entered the pits from the lead and after the pit stop I rejoined in P2 but immediately got caught out by the cold hards and ended up sideways at the exit of t1. This cost me 3 places. Once the hards came up to temperature I was back in the groove and then both p3 and p4 pitted. With 2 laps to go I had 3 seconds to make up on p2 but I’m running hards and he’s on wearing mediums so it was always going to be a bridge too far.

In the end a comfortable p3 and 228 points that I’ll bank. But the missed 11 points from a stupid mistake will burn for a while.

A certain @Mistah_MCA, on Twitter, said that Ford might be decent, so I said "Let's try that" :dopey:

I get another proof that A/S races are really fun in the GTWS and can lead to good videos, surely when the GT decided to not turn at the end of lap one (and then overturned) so it was remuntada time, at least for the podium :lol:

I got a question, however: at 04:50 it was my fault or his ? :irked:

Honestly, I put that mostly on him. You two were no longer in a braking zone; you were accelerating. I don't think he realized his rear was overhanging your front and went to set up the next turn. But, you were already there and more than had a right to that space.

If I were a steward I'd say racing incident as the person who was at fault was the one that got the punishment anyway. No action necessary.

I signed with so many Manufacturers in GTS I am pretty sure I have raced as all of them (although that can't be possible, I forget) so in GT7 I went for Suzuki in the Exhibitions and just signed for Genesis who seem pretty solid if a bit boring.

Manufacturers 2023 Exhib season 2.

Round [1/3]

So I went with Nissan once again, in short they suit my driving styles compared to Porsche which I was considering, but ran out of time to fully test other manufacturers.

Despite practicing as I've said a few pages ago with the GT500 '99 and the GTR '18, I ended up going with the seemingly meta '13 model just to give myself the best chance entering my first GT1 category race. (mid A rated)

1st win 2023.jpg

Ending up with a good TT time 3 minutes before my first race:
1674918988883.png

--Qualifying: Well, I wanted to take whatever results this race as long as I could give it my all, instead my stupid streak continues and got pole once again:

1674919085074.png

--Race

As an absolute madman, I tend to do some unorthodox strategies compared to most people and decided to start on hard tyres rather than mediums, why?

Because:
-Deal with cold hard tyres at the start of the race and be done with them
-I will ahem end up holding up those behind me which would keep the gap after my pit stop shorter slightly
-It's a lot more fun to chase down people when you're on better tyres rather than to try and run away on hards

A few bumps from being overtaken inevitably at the start but nothing that I was upset about, especially as no one ended up crashing so we could all keep racing. I knew it would happen so no pressure on myself and continued to focus on my own race.

Lap 5 and time to pit for Mediums, gap to leader was just under 7 seconds:

1674919921927.png

That's how much time i'd have to gain if i were to get ahead of Lehto when he pits. Head down time! Other wise there's always that more risky option to commit to a battle in order to overtake him.

Luckily my efforts were rewarded and managed to just get past Lehto as he left the pits:
1674920139933.png

The two Italians went onto pit at the next lap so they were out of the way and it was a race to a finish, having given myself the best situation to secure victory:

-Leading after the pit stops
-On better tyres than the competition behind me.

Job done.

1674920397371.png

1674920440347.png

Plus a cheeky monetary reward compared to the usual amount:
1674920504682.png

Being fresh and mid A rank into the GT1 category, I could only take 192 points. I'm not overly fussed however it's a new record amount received in a Manufacturers race.
1674920625710.png

The YT stream for those that like pizza:

Thanks if you read this!

Had unexpected time to run s slot at 1600 CET.
At the last Qlap I unfortunately find myself in pole position.
I never do well in pole....
Well, at the end of lap 1 I was in 4th (2 of the ones passing me where on softs, but I didn't know that.the third was on a two stop strategy, didn't know that either)

Well, anyway I went to pit on lap 9, as my lap times where :59.8 and that's about the same I could do in hards.
Stayed as P3 until lap 15 when a driver in a Porsche on mediums chose to drive right up to my bumper at the braking zone, in spite of him having gained 1 second on me on lap 14. He would probably have passed me cleanly at the chikane or at the last lap but no.
I wrote in chat after the race "why would you be willing to be dirty over 2 points?"
Especially in a C/S lobby where the points mean nothing but the race means everything.
His answer? You broke too early....

I looked at the replay and he wasn't deliberately dirty. He was simply a really really low skilled racer who can't read the race at all
He was in a 911 on mediums, I was in the AMG on hards....
Well, here he is, the guy that made my one race pointless

[video]

Had unexpected time to run s slot at 1600 CET.
At the last Qlap I unfortunately find myself in pole position.
I never do well in pole....
Well, at the end of lap 1 I was in 4th (2 of the ones passing me where on softs, but I didn't know that.the third was on a two stop strategy, didn't know that either)

Well, anyway I went to pit on lap 9, as my lap times where :59.8 and that's about the same I could do in hards.
Stayed as P3 until lap 15 when a driver in a Porsche on mediums chose to drive right up to my bumper at the braking zone, in spite of him having gained 1 second on me on lap 14. He would probably have passed me cleanly at the chikane or at the last lap but no.
I wrote in chat after the race "why would you be willing to be dirty over 2 points?"
Especially in a C/S lobby where the points mean nothing but the race means everything.
His answer? You broke too early....

I looked at the replay and he wasn't deliberately dirty. He was simply a really really low skilled racer who can't read the race at all
He was in a 911 on mediums, I was in the AMG on hards....
Well, here he is, the guy that made my one race pointless

[video]

Ok we all know that the penalty system is broken, but how the hell was that not a penalty?!

Back