Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,502 comments
Eventful race. Could only get one clean lap at the end of quali, was cautious so only P10. Started on hards, tried to get it steady whilst everyone crashed. Up to P7 halfway through lap 1, made a mistake on lap 2 that dropped me to 12th. Pitted after 3 laps to switch to mediums.

That pit exit is an absolute menace. Coming down the straight on lap 4 I’m keeping left anyway but some twit comes out and immediately moves straight across to block me. I have to swerve right to avoid them and so hit the barrier on the outside of turn 1 - engine and tyre damage.

After that it was a miracle I fought back to 8th. Not enough points to count as one of my best 3 but I don’t want to go again. Too stressful.

Uff , this was underpressure AF

qualified 7th with 3.30.860 - eh could have done better with Softs , race started with Hards i got nailed in the first turn that costed me 3 positions but thankfully i was able to gain them back (many crashes and spinnings) , went to the pits after 4th lap for Medium , out of pits went 5th but somehow maybe lady luck or something caused the drivers to do mistakes so i ended up in 3rd place - really happy about that especially with this track 😎

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916205118.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916205207.jpg

In the end , it was a really good race at least for me :D

Very Happy with tonight race result!

Slot 1 7pm UK.
My plan was to do the best quali lap I could and then for the race just keep it clean, avoid any damage, grass, gravel or barriers and not to push too hard.

Quali - found some space on my first lap and pit in a 3.27.5. 2nd lap was destroyed by a slow car ahead so I back off in the final sector but then the car ahead decided to go slow too and with a fast car approaching it completely destroyed my 3rd lap, and 4th lap I didn’t have time to create a gap as I crossed with 10seconds to spare. Again lap over by T5 due to the slow car.
Finished P3 so good position.

Race - went with the hards to start with. Nothing too much really happened. P1 & P2 we’re on mediums to start so by end of lap 3 they were 6 seconds ahead. P4 was on hard too but stayed a steady 3 seconds behind. End of lap 3 pitted for the mediums. Came out P4 and avoided the traffic. The group ahead pitted next lap I managed to undercut P2, but P1 was 3 seconds ahead. I then did consistent 3.30.5 laps till the end but P1 just had enough pace on the hards to finish 1 seconds ahead. If I really pushed I could have maybe won but tyres would have been dead and I’m sure I would have seen a barrier. P3 was 15 seconds back.

Happy with a P2 and 92 points in DR B. Will take my points and enjoy my evening now with a beer.

I’m not a royalist but ran a blackout version of my AMG for Queen Elizabeth.

39A73E61-9578-4039-92CB-CB7E9EE55F91.jpeg5C47C3A1-DF88-461E-A18E-9193BA259077.jpeg

Last edited:
That could have gone much better. I just really wasn't on form for this, and I can now say I really don't like the DBR9 in dirty air. My concerns about braking distances just got amplified so much and I had very little confidence in braking zones from it.

After a few scrappy laps in qualifying I finally managed to hook up something good and start P6 with a 3:24.586. The start of the race was very scary. The Alfa Romeo in P3 was being hunted right from the beginning by the Jaguar behind it. The Alfa Romeo understeered quite heavily starting on Hards, and I think that threw off the Jaguar (on Mediums) who had adopted a slightly wider line, due to approaching so quickly. The Jaguar slammed into the wall, got engine damage and then ended up slow in the middle of the track.

The Subaru in P5 managed to go left and stay on the racing line, but I couldn't get over fast enough so I had to stay right and come at turn 2 from a very narrow angle. I don't know how but I got through unscathed. Definitely proud of that one, even if the rest of the race went a bit wrong.

I ended up following a train around for a bit in P5, before ending up in P6 again after the pit stops. All going well, just thinking I need to hold this together. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. On my outlap with the Hards, I got the left-right at the beginning of the last sector wrong (I'm blaming dirty air) and understeered onto the grass. When I was trying to recover, it then snapped left and went onto the grass at the other side and the barrier. With dirty tyres and damage to the back left, I could only crawl through and watch as several cars (including @crusselz!) sailed straight past me and I dropped to P9.

The Jaguar from the start then caught me a bit later as well, dropping me to P10. I had to defend from a Mercedes at the final lap, but managed to take back P9 right before the line. A Toyota that had been fighting for P2 got taken out in the final sector and wound up with damage to both bumpers and all four wheels, crippling it just enough for me and the Mercedes that I had been defending from to pip it at the post.

I also just discovered from watching the replay that I got ridiculously lucky at the end. Some idiot in a Subaru started blocking @crusselz on the run up to the finish line and ended up spinning across the line for it, bringing out yellow flags right before I overtook the Toyota. The game slapped me with a 3s penalty for overtaking during yellow flags but did it after I had crossed the line so it didn't count.

P9, 175 points. I'm not sure I want to go again but I do have that nagging feeling of "Would it be more enjoyable in the Vantage?" at the back of my head.

Last edited:
Can someone please remind me how scoring is logged? Do you have to race every session to accumulate points or does it just record your best single finish?

Although I was driving the quickest car (on the TT leaderboard) I wasn't expecting too much as my race pace didn't seem too great and I could only do 3 laps on the mediums.
Quali wasn't the best, on my best dropped quite a bit of time in the first and last sector but was still enough for P5 in a very tight midpack - 4th to 11th were covered by less than 2 tenths.
Went with the hards and importantly kept position and avoided all the chaos behind me. Unfortunately I did lose the slipstream of the drivers in front but I was mostly just making sure I didn't bin it. Then on lap 2, P3 and P4 had an incident which was 2 free spots. Pitted on lap 4 onto mediums and as did the leaders from mediums to hards and on the out lap, P2 crashed at the bridge and after that it was just about bringing it home safely as the gap ahead was pretty big.
So P2 in the end, very good result though carried a bit by the car but I still had to drive it there I guess

First slot, felt really tired after a hard day at work and just wasn’t feeling it. Couldn’t really focus. Was a strong lobby. Was sitting in 13th in qualifying and crossed the line with 1 second to go to get a final shot and amazingly got 7th. Race started and at the end of lap one I lose it on the grass and slam the barrier ending up with full damage and having to reverse off the grass. Dead last 15 seconds behind. End up 13th out of 15.

Did something I rarely do and that was enter the next slot to try again as I didn’t want to waste a week of practicing. Surely could do better than 13th.
Qualified 4th and this time put full concentration in to keep it steady. Was in 3rd by the time I pit. Got passed after the round of pit stops by a mediums running Porsche so was in 4th with a 2 second gap behind me. Lap 6 the 2 cars in front start battling and begin to hold me up massively. 2 cars behind started catching. Final lap guy in Lexus went for a stupid lunge and knocked me half into the gravel but I just managed to fend off the Aston and kept it in 5th for 171 points.

Soooo glad I decided to go again. :D

FCC60620-4247-4B26-9558-FB84847490B2.jpeg

1999E43A-CAC7-487E-965B-0FE1EF10C649.jpeg

[I may edit this if I've forgotten anything]

So was expecting to jump over to A rating this weekend, and to welcome me was an army of A rated drivers in my split.
Qualifying was interesting for myself in that i got my quickest time ever, beating my TT time by at least half a second! And over two seconds to what looks like a tight group in the middle:

1663358873755.png
1663358811819.png

The start of the race was eventful at T3:

1663359114967.png

1663359148162.png

I think there was a slight bit of contact and everyone went straight on, leaving me with all the time in the world to carry on.
The rest of the first lap (from what i could see looking back), was people spinning out of the corners and tripping over each other.
When i got a 6 second gap, i noticed that it went down to 5 seconds less than a lap later, I started to sweat thinking that some A+ guy/girl was using an alt account or something as they were closing that quick! Only at the end of lap 2 they pitted where i saw they were on softs!
Nothing much else happened in the race from memory after that.

1663359544224.png

A nice hat-trick for today:
1663359585204.png

163 points, my highest to date! Limited once again by total overall level which is great and annoying at the same time! 😂

Now sitting here as an A rated driver. I joined these championships to see how far I could go and I'm wondering if I'll ever improve myself to those that drive in A+ splits. Maybe something to aim for I guess? The other part of me thinks whether it'll be enjoyable at the higher splits or whether it'll just become a stressful thing that I end up not enjoying at all.

Anyways, here is the stream again for those who are interested:

(no voice over or edited videos yet, I tend to shout too much at stuff in races which i feel will be slightly comical but not enjoyable to hear 😅)

163 points, my highest to date! Limited once again by total overall level which is great and annoying at the same time! 😂

Now sitting here as an A rated driver. I joined these championships to see how far I could go and I'm wondering if I'll ever improve myself to those that drive in A+ splits. Maybe something to aim for I guess? The other part of me thinks whether it'll be enjoyable at the higher splits or whether it'll just become a stressful thing that I end up not enjoying at all.
You already have the pace needed to be very competitive in low A+ lobbies. :P Unless you start doing some really stupid stuff, you'll get there.

Last edited:
Little to say about this race :indiff: Because of the carnages that I was victim during this week daily races (seriously, everybody with the SENDS :mad:) I was low SR S, so I got a mixed A+/A drivers grid :indiff:

Starting 7th, I got 6th in the end (188 points), but obtaining the Clean race star was more important this time around :dopey:

Tale of 2 races. As it is probably my last Manufacturer round for the season and it's at a track I like I was hoping to do well. Qualified p6, a scant 0.003 behind @pennanton. But that was sort of it from there. I accidentally rear ended him early in lap 1, but he seemed to be fine and still on track. I Ended up with a reasonably deserved 2 second penalty for it though. Was climbing back through the field and was directly behind @TheWeapon874 (I think) when he slid into the barrier on bridge entry, and I was collateral damage. Not his fault, just bad luck. Bit of a mess after that as well and after getting punted to oblivion last lap I crawled home p12.

But I felt I had so much speed so ran again. Qualified p2. But the lobby hung after qualifying, so the polesitter left and I moved up. Drove a solid enough race. For some reason I was massively faster in the last section than the guy behind me, and on lap 3 he binned it trying to keep up there. I had a 2 second lead heading into lap 6 when I slid onto the grass at one point and lost it all, but stayed solid after that and converted it to a win. Only by 1 second as I never really got breathing room, but it was great. 212 points as a personal high and a great way to quit out the season for me.

Good luck out there.
Yeah, that was a rough one for me. Terrible qualifying over a second off my practice times and started p10. Worked up to 7th by the end of lap 1, and closed right up on 3 cars battling each other hard down the 2nd straight…. I went round the outside of them into the sharp right hander (they were all defending the inside hard) at the end, and one of them (a silver Porsche) speared into me. Next corner I understeered into @pennanton and almost turned him around (sorry mate!) thanks to the damage, and then I binned myself (and @Redneckchef as a result) pushing too hard at the bridge entry.

I never seem to have much luck (or speed…) in Gr3! Am yet to break the 200 point barrier, whereas Gr4 I’m consistently over 200. Oh well. Maybe I’ll have a look at next week’s race today :)

Yeah, that was a rough one for me. Terrible qualifying over a second off my practice times and started p10. Worked up to 7th by the end of lap 1, and closed right up on 3 cars battling each other hard down the 2nd straight…. I went round the outside of them into the sharp right hander (they were all defending the inside hard) at the end, and one of them (a silver Porsche) speared into me. Next corner I understeered into @pennanton and almost turned him around (sorry mate!) thanks to the damage, and then I binned myself (and @Redneckchef as a result) pushing too hard at the bridge entry.

I never seem to have much luck (or speed…) in Gr3! Am yet to break the 200 point barrier, whereas Gr4 I’m consistently over 200. Oh well. Maybe I’ll have a look at next week’s race today :)
Don’t worry, everyone including myself was all over the place. As long as we can put our hand up when we think we might have goofed it’s all good.

Just quietly, I did try to punt mr silver 911 sneakily while avoiding a penalty so sorry if you and @Redneckchef got caught up in that inadvertently

That was all good, it's a track that has 2 lines for almost every corner so its hard to race close there. You weren't the only one all over the place as I was a mess too. It's racing and there's more rounds if you want them. Was good recognizing you out on track and enjoyed having a combo where I could match you guys for pace.

Currently in the last EMEA slot. We're 19 minutes into the warm up. Everyone's bored and is doing donuts on the start/finish line.
Nobody's quitting yet.

Always been a bit of a weird track this St Croix, in a way I find Nordschleife easier due to having a lot of experience there and there seems to be a flow to that track, unlike Saint-Croix I feel like. Anyways, after a short 20 min or so practice session I managed a 3.26.6, and improved it to a 3.26.3 in the qualifying for the time slot 2 race with the GT-R. Only good enough for a P12.

So for the race I started on the hards and having checked a few guides and knowing my poor tire management, I decided to go for 4 laps hards, 3 laps mediums. Just kept it nice and solid and took advantage of others mistakes, found myself in P7 at the start of lap 3. Had a slightly quicker German behind me in a RX Vision Mazda following pretty much the whole race after I passed that driver on lap 2, but he/she always seemed to be slightly worse in the last 4-5 corners before the big back straight so I kept him behind the whole race actually, just about.

Dropped to P8 after my pit stop, but passed the Frenchman on the same lap on the sharp right hander after the bridge, I think he/she was on hards. And then had the German follow through the Frenchman behind me on the back straight, cheekily gave the German slipstream lol. Pretty much a repeat of our previous laps, on laps 5-7. I always had like a 6 tenth cushion heading to the back straight and despite struggling in last sector a bit seemingly on every lap, managed to stand my ground for a P7 & 157 pts. Consistency was key, as it was easy to mess up on this track. I had a mistake free race, but pace wasn't that good. Still not bad, and an important score since it has been a tough manuf. season, only my second score over 130 pts.

Last edited:
So I ended up going again, but this time using the Vantage. :rolleyes: Technically twice, because the penultimate timeslot crashed out after matchmaking.

Qualifying was frustrating. My first 2 laps were worse than I had hoped. On my third lap, I ended up feeling pressured into moving over and abandoning my lap because the prospective polesitter had binned it on the previous lap and moved over to let me pass. During sector 1 I see he's rapidly gaining on me and right up my rear bumper at turn 3. So I move over and sacrifice that lap, only to then see he's binned it again 4 turns later. :irked:

My last lap was a write-off as I went wide during sector 3, so my end qualifying time was 3:24.922 for a P8 start. From there I opted to start on the Hards, and I really wish I'd done more practice on the Vantage previously. I'd dumped everything into the DBR9 leading up to this round. My first lap was a nightmare, as I went very deep at turn 3, losing several positions and picking up damage trying to return to the track. I struggled to regain my composure and just kept haemorrhaging more positions until I was down in P12.

I did manage to pull myself together for lap 2 though thankfully. I was also just in time to see a colossal pileup at turn 2 as a Mercedes took out an Aston Martin and a Beetle slammed straight into the back wall trying to avoid them. Back up to P9! At the end of the lap a Subaru binned it on the final turn so back up to P8. A Mercedes then repeated the very same trick at the end of lap 3 so back up to P7 right before I came into pit. The Mercedes must have been raging as he/she was the polesitter and had already binned it once on lap 1 with the same major mistake I made on my first attempt (with engine damage to boot).

After emerging from the pits I almost got to witness a repeat of the Beetle and Aston destroying themselves at turn 2 as they both tore past me heading into turn 1, but they both barely just managed to keep it together. I nailed the apex and got alongside the Aston down the straight, then pulled ahead going down the inside at turn 3 and started dropping them as they squabbled on old tyres.

On lap 5 I was just off undercutting a BMW who had started on Mediums and passed me during my lap 1 struggles. I almost went up the back of him several times as he was really sliding around on his Hards but eventually got the job done with some slipstream into the hairpin at the end of the back straight. From there I just completely dropped him and finished P6.

I really wish I hadn't screwed up lap 1 because P2 and P3 were the Nissan and Mitsubishi who had started in front of me in P6 and P7. :ouch:

I took away 208 points so it was actually worth going again. It's not enough to count just yet, but it will be a small improvement when it starts counting the best 4 results if I can't get anything better next week at Dragon Trail. (I won't be doing round 8 due to IRL commitments!)

Last edited:
I didn't have the most confidence with my pace for this weeks Manu Cup based on my practice sessions, and I was counting this race as a throwaway so what ever happens, happens.

I enter the 1st slot GT2 (east coast) and qualifying starts with no problems. I get stuck behind a driver as they were slow and I didn't want to force a pass, I get by and get to work. I set a time of 1:37.598 which is good enough for pole?! I start the race on the hard tires and was planning to let anyone by if they had a quicker pace. But, that doesn't happen aside from a dive attempt from P2 on lap 3. It turns out they were on the medium tire, and either my pace on hards was great or P2 was having struggles on worn tires. I pit on the end of lap 4 as planned and I don't have any threat from anyone the rest of the race aside from myself doing something stupid. So, I win in the end and earn my first GTWS win and the first hat-trick as I've seen it called on this board!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220916205607.jpg

7ehD.gif

I come away with 77 points for my effort? My guess is that I was in a lower split or participation was way down for this round and time slot. It kind of stinks I got such a low amount of points for a win. But, I'm not going to complain too much as I ACTUALLY WON A GTWS RACE! YEAH!

Was hoping for a good result in this one and I was able to get one.

Jumped into GT1 Slot 1 in the US East. Got a little sloppy in Q'ing and couldn't quite match my pace in practice. Was able to get into mid-24's in practice but could only manage I think a 25-flat in Q. Good enough for 4th on the grid. 5th place was a little over 1/2 a sec slower so it seemed like the front 4 would pull away from the start and that's pretty much what happened. I initially made a couple errors on the first lap forgetting that I wasn't on Softs anymore and dropped about 2-3 seconds behind 3rd, but was 2-3 seconds ahead of 5th. 2nd/3rd started to battle and I started catching up. I believe it was about 1/3 of the way on lap 2 and 3rd place went wide into the klitty litter and fell back and I slotted up to 3rd and started catching 2nd. 1/2-way into the 3rd lap the leader made a mistake and cut his lead from 4 to 2 seconds. At the end of the 3rd lap as we were getting ready to pit on the next to last corner the leader messed something up because they were at a standstill and ghosted and I just get by him on the inside going into the final corner as we all jump into the pits for Hards. Someone stayed out 1 more lap so I come out in 3rd and the initial leader is right behind me in 4th, with the guy who would eventually take the lead in front of me. We all stay pretty close through the end of the 4th lap until the leader pits and puts us up into 1st/2nd/3rd. I knew the guy in 3rd Q'd a good bit faster than me so I was a little concerned about holding my spot, but then who knows what happens as Hard tires wear out. 1/2-way into the 5th lap he makes a mistake and I see my lead on him go from .5 sec to 4 seconds and that was it. Reeled in 1st a couple of times and if I was able to stay clean I think I could have made a move on him. I was a little better on the 1st and last sectors of the track, he seemed to be quicker in the middle sector. The gap between us opened and close, but ultimately I finished 2nd for 194 points. Happy with a 1 and done.

Not expecting tomorrow to go so well in the Mazda Roadster since I look to be way off pace, but oh well...still gonna send it.

Last edited:
That was all good, it's a track that has 2 lines for almost every corner so its hard to race close there. You weren't the only one all over the place as I was a mess too. It's racing and there's more rounds if you want them. Was good recognizing you out on track and enjoyed having a combo where I could match you guys for pace.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the nightmare that could be Nations tonight. Any time is been one make MX5 that I've participated in there been plenty of chrome horn action.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the nightmare that could be Nations tonight. Any time is been one make MX5 that I've participated in there been plenty of chrome horn action.
I wasn’t going to race, but did 5 laps on softs this morning and ended up in the top 100. Just did my first laps on hards and I’m over 2 sec a lap slower doing mid-high 52s… Not sure I’m ready, especially after failing so hard last night lol

That could have gone much better. I just really wasn't on form for this, and I can now say I really don't like the DBR9 in dirty air. My concerns about braking distances just got amplified so much and I had very little confidence in braking zones from it.

After a few scrappy laps in qualifying I finally managed to hook up something good and start P6 with a 3:24.586. The start of the race was very scary. The Alfa Romeo in P3 was being hunted right from the beginning by the Jaguar behind it. The Alfa Romeo understeered quite heavily starting on Hards, and I think that threw off the Jaguar (on Mediums) who had adopted a slightly wider line, due to approaching so quickly. The Jaguar slammed into the wall, got engine damage and then ended up slow in the middle of the track.

The Subaru in P5 managed to go left and stay on the racing line, but I couldn't get over fast enough so I had to stay right and come at turn 2 from a very narrow angle. I don't know how but I got through unscathed. Definitely proud of that one, even if the rest of the race went a bit wrong.

I ended up following a train around for a bit in P5, before ending up in P6 again after the pit stops. All going well, just thinking I need to hold this together. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. On my outlap with the Hards, I got the left-right at the beginning of the last sector wrong (I'm blaming dirty air) and understeered onto the grass. When I was trying to recover, it then snapped left and went onto the grass at the other side and the barrier. With dirty tyres and damage to the back left, I could only crawl through and watch as several cars (including @crusselz!) sailed straight past me and I dropped to P9.

The Jaguar from the start then caught me a bit later as well, dropping me to P10. I had to defend from a Mercedes at the final lap, but managed to take back P9 right before the line. A Toyota that had been fighting for P2 got taken out in the final sector and wound up with damage to both bumpers and all four wheels, crippling it just enough for me and the Mercedes that I had been defending from to pip it at the post.

I also just discovered from watching the replay that I got ridiculously lucky at the end. Some idiot in a Subaru started blocking @crusselz on the run up to the finish line and ended up spinning across the line for it, bringing out yellow flags right before I overtook the Toyota. The game slapped me with a 3s penalty for overtaking during yellow flags but did it after I had crossed the line so it didn't count.

P9, 175 points. I'm not sure I want to go again but I do have that nagging feeling of "Would it be more enjoyable in the Vantage?" at the back of my head.

Was awesome to see you out there. Glad you went again and got a better result.

Had high hopes, but didn't have the best quali, started much further back than I had hoped. The combo was enjoyable though, the high speed nature of the track made it fun to race on.

Shame about the driver blocking on the finish straight, had the run on them, but doubt I would have gotten ahead before the finish line.

P6, 207 points, thought about going again but decided to hang on to the points, currently doesn't count, but is my 4th best score.

I wasn’t going to race, but did 5 laps on softs this morning and ended up in the top 100. Just did my first laps on hards and I’m over 2 sec a lap slower doing mid-high 52s… Not sure I’m ready, especially after failing so hard last night lol

Dw, just get in there and have a crack its the only way to get better. We do this hobby for fun after all.

Yeah hards are so slow in this race, 2 seconds/lap is about right. Race is a 1 stopper (softs 9-10 laps, rest with hards) or 2 stopper (1 lap with hards, rest with softs) and hards are mandatory.

Did 3 races. First one didn’t start cause of server issues. The second I qualified a decent P12 considering I know less about this track than I know about 1960s acid jazz, made contact with somebody into T1 and got a deserved 4sec penalty which forced me to last. Fought through the field with a bit of luck and some good overtakes and finished 8th

Race 3 was my highlight. Quali went much the same with a P11 finish, and it stayed that way most of the race, before a last lap dash on some mediums which I had saved a bit, I climbed my way from P10 to P6, could’ve been P5 but some good defending from a Toyota cost me. The Genesis X is a boat and the circuit is not my favourite so I was quite happy, onto the Mazda Roadsters tomorrow!

Yeah hards are so slow in this race, 2 seconds/lap is about right. Race is a 1 stopper (softs 9-10 laps, rest with hards) or 2 stopper (1 lap with hards, rest with softs) and hards are mandatory.
I'd say it's a two stop race, but it's down to how each person feels.

So, I win in the end and earn my first GTWS win and the first hat-trick as I've seen it called on this board!
A big congrats to you bud! take these wins when they come and see if you can repeat this result!

You already have the pace needed to be very competitive in low A+ lobbies. :P Unless you start doing some really stupid stuff, you'll get there.
Thanks man, I was actually at the other racer's pace in my race after one evening of practice, doing some extra practice races offline and learning the track more helped me be that bit quicker. I did have that luck in the race from everyone else making that T3 mistake.

The main thing I was trying to say is that I hope my future self enjoys the though races later on. I guess the DR will balance the racing out later? Watching some streamers it looks more like a stressful job rather than a fun hobby.

For now my mindset is to use what I'm comfortable with and see how it ends up. In terms of progression, I have won every race event so far and you can see the rating limit increase dramatically:
1663404044306.png

The first round I missed but I'll be taking these championships as me vs myself.

Back