Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,503 comments
Ran Nations slot 2. Found myself at the bottom of top split. Q12 of 15, but my absolute best would have only had me Q11.

Started on hards and pitted lap 1. Then got 7 laps of clean air on the softs until I caught a couple of one stoppers on hards. Got past without much trouble and pitted lap 10 in p12.

Rejoined p14 as one runner quit. A few more solid laps before everyone around me pitted and then back to p12. Caught another one stopper who was now on hards and drove a comfortable last few laps with p11 virtually assured. But as I came off the top of the cliff the yellow flags came out and one of the pack in front had spun in the sweeping right. Happy to take p10 in the toughest field I’ve ever been in.

Good luck to everyone running this one. Mine was really enjoyable.

Yeah hards are so slow in this race, 2 seconds/lap is about right. Race is a 1 stopper (softs 9-10 laps, rest with hards) or 2 stopper (1 lap with hards, rest with softs) and hards are mandatory.
I had to check my practice settings after reading this. For me it’s 13 or 14 laps to start on the softs. Hard are 1s to 1.5s slower (with the lower fuel weight), so a clear 1-stopper.

I ran slot 2 in Oceania. What a clown show. 14 people as lobby loaded. Only 6 made it into qualifying, including @pennanton. Then lobby seized heading to the grid. At the end only 5 of us raced. 2 from the same team. And they didn't get the memo about strategy as both tried the 1 stop. I started p4 of 5 and sat there for the first 9 laps. Getting close to p3 but never really challenging. Pitted lap 9 for a lpa of hards, then back to softs. They ran 13 on Softs and went for hards. As they exited the pits had an 11 second lead on me. By lap 17 it was down to 3 seconds. I passed them on the bankt turn lap 19 as they could do nothing to defend on the hards and was over 3 seconds ahead at the line.

224 points and a new personal best for the second night in a row. Sad spaced out race, but they were someone I felt cursed with. Always an incident with them if they were in my race, and usually never caused by either of us. But we had some clean racing for a couple of laps so I feel like maybe the curse is done.

And now that my region is done. 2 stop it if you can run consistent laps without wrecking. 1 stoppers can't defend in the big turn against worn softs.
Have fun and beware the curbs.

On the flip side I'm dying to jump ship and battle away with Citreon for the next Manu. Someone mentioned it a while back now and it really caught my imagination, never see the cars anywhere in daillies or the GTWS, not expecting much but a fun challenge.

And well they can't get any lower than bottom of the standings no matter how I do :lol:
I was just looking at the rankings. Even with my very average performance, there is a chance of being the top GT2 Citreon driver. This is very tempting. I quite like driving the car anyway, used it a few times in Sport on the PS4. Probably only needs top half finishes which is definitely possible by keeping clean and facing forward.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 1
Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Qualif Q4, plan to do a 1H/9S/10S to try to avoid the leading group battle.
So pit end of lap 1, with P6. We then do most of the race together, overtaking people on hard.
On lap 15, while overtaking in the long right, I got sent forcibly into the pit :banghead:.
Probably not voluntary, the guy wanted to pit and I was there, but still super annoyed by that.
Make some extra mistakes after, trying to go fast, end up P13.
The other early pitter I was with finished P4 with pretty good points, so big missed opportunity here.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 2

Qualif Q5, this time will go with 9S/10S/1H. Lap 3 I am cruising at P4, missed a bit the long left and leave P5 to overtake me - as a reward I get sent into the right wall of T1, engine failure. (edit: watched the replay, was actually my fault, didn't leave enough space. doh.)
Getting really annoyed there, especially since I got involved later on in an incident giving me yet another engine failure (no one to blame on that one). Finished P14.

Nations GT2 Asia slot 3

Looks like my DR suffered from previous 2 races, I am in a lobby with people I don't know.
Qualif Q7, starting to be a bit tired I think (51.7 when the previous ones were 51.2-3)
After the previous 2 disasters, I decide to go 100% Mr Careful on that one.
Do a 10S/1H/9S this time - to make sure I don't forget the last pit.
I end up P4, a few seconds behind P2 and P3.
Being super careful meant I got held up in traffic quite a bit, but at least I finished without incident this time...

Last edited:
Fun race. Close in qualification between everyone, couldn’t hook up a sub-52 lap so only started 12th. Went with hards, up to 6th at one point but a couple of errors dropped me back. Pitted lap 7 for the softs, decent pace but too far back and another dumb error left me 11th at the end.

Tempted to go again for a better result without the unforced errors, but I set myself a rule to only do one try.

Hopefully my splash of orange at least brightened up someone’s day.

286A655C-067C-4297-B6BE-B08E22F01A86.jpeg

Fun race. Close in qualification between everyone, couldn’t hook up a sub-52 lap so only started 12th. Went with hards, up to 6th at one point but a couple of errors dropped me back. Pitted lap 7 for the softs, decent pace but too far back and another dumb error left me 11th at the end.

Tempted to go again for a better result without the unforced errors, but I set myself a rule to only do one try.

Hopefully my splash of orange at least brightened up someone’s day.

View attachment 1193519
I like the GT planet sponsorship in there 😜 May have to add it to some of my liveries!

I'm going to summarise my race with a GIF.

Run Away On Fire GIF by Xbox

I feel like I've just been sent to the depths of hell only to successfully climb out unscathed in the midst of a destruction derby. :eek:

Qualifying showed I was well off the pace and utterly outclassed by most of the lobby. I could only manage a 51:225 for P14 (which magically became P13 on the grid rundown, so someone must have left) with a lot of people setting times much faster than my personal best. I figured I was just going to be fighting to not come last and anything else was a bonus so I went to get the single Hards lap out of the way.

My poor pace ended up being a livesaver as lap 1 was death incarnate and I got to watch it unfold in front of me. P12 jumped the start so I moved up a position immediately. Turn 1 claimed a couple of people so up to P10. Coming down the cliff for the first time, someone who been on my inside (and thus on my outside at the left-hander) dropped it and spun out. A couple others who had taken too much kerb also dropped it so up to P8 heading towards the big banked right hander. I know people look down on traction control but in situations like these, I'm glad I've been running TCS1 for safety. Absolute lifesaver having the confidence that the car isn't going to kill you if something unexpected happens. That then became P7 going in to the bend because of someone serving a penalty.

I come in to the pits and then just start trying to push as hard as I can on a 1H/9S/10S strategy. With some extra deaths from others along the way, even with my comparatively poor pace I was still in P8 by the time everyone's pit strategies had converged going into the start of lap 20. Just bring it home and get the P8- sorry, make that P7 - the winner either forgot to use the Hards or screwed up a pit stop. :lol:

1663426782763.png

That was worth 202 points which is a nice boost to my 4th best result so far this season. As things stand I'm currently looking at 908 points as a bare minimum for my end score, definitely far and above my previous results. :D

Last edited:
The biggest fear for me was, of course, the descending curve :nervous: one mistake and you are possibly dead :crazy: It happened, at lap 17, but I managed to limit the damage since behind me there was no one :)

Started 14th, managed to get 8th at the end, taking advantage of crashes (what happened at the start ? :confused:) and the 2 stop strategy, which in my opinion was better :cool:

[I may edit this if I've forgotten anything]

First race ever starting as an A rated driver. Once again for qualifying, I always end up with a PB when under pressure 🤷‍♂️
1663428033835.png

(excuse the low quality screen grab from the stream)

1 second covers the top 10 positions from my time so a lot closer than yesterday's race.

Strategy for myself is to get the crap mandatory tyres out of the way and then chase down the win. (1H/10s/9s)

The race was relatively uneventful, got overtaken just before pitting lap 1, then ran my fastest all the way to the end including the pit stop on lap 11. I had missed out on fastest lap by a few hundredths of a second but fair play to the individual that did! (Jami2001). I did have a couple of knocks with (GTiJeffers) on the first lap as well but it was unintentional from both sides and we were both leading the race still once we went separate ways in the race.
1663428394323.png

1663428348543.png

185 points, my highest once again in a GTWS race! Again shows how much can be gained with a higher DR for the same result:
1663429024042.png

I think I was mid B rating when I joined for round 2. Every round will give me a massive boost for the GT2 leagues if I can keep up the winning streak.

Usual ASMR(less) video for those who like pizza:

Now looking forward to next weekend where I may be able to repeat this:

I like the GT planet sponsorship in there 😜 May have to add it to some of my liveries!
It’s so people know who to blame when they get (accidentally) shunted.

Already looking forward to next week - GT500 Suzuka !!! I’m going to run the Supra, in its proper livery, even if the GTR proves to be faster.

Last edited:
It’s so people know who to blame when they get (accidentally) shunted.

Already looking forward to next week - GT500 Suzuka !!! I’m going to run the Supra, in its proper livery, even if the GTR proves to be faster.
The supra should be faster for most people apart from aliens and madmen like myself who know the car. I'll use whatever I'm comfortable with but yea nice to see the old school choice!

Nations Cup at Alsace then with Roadster touring cars. Slot 3, lobby froze with 18 secs to go in warm up lol.

Slot 4 it is then. Quali lap was better than in practice by 2 tenths, a high 51.2, but still only enough for a P9. Started on hards and pitted on lap 2, was down in P11. After that did two stints on softs. Passed a few drivers spinning, unluckily lost a few seconds of time, since a few spun right at the front of me.

Starting the last soft stint I was P8. Then around lap 15 a Russian driver exited right in front of me. He seemed to be on hards, so passed him easily on the next lap. Then I was like over 9 secs from the driver in P6. But he was on hards. I thought I was too far back.

But then I noticed I had a slim chance with the gap being just over 2 secs at the start of lap 20. The German in P6 made a small mistake on the downhiller left corner in the roller coster section. Gap down to like 4 tenths before the last corner. Just got a enough corner exit to get alongside the German, and manage to get my nose ahead by less than 2 hundreds of a second for a P6. Decent going for 150 pts.

Oh man, I love this car. They should use it more often - and favorably introduce a competitor to it as the Roadster Touring Car kinda stands on its own with no rival...

During the week I did a few laps of practice, nothing too fancy. Was at around 50.5 in time trial before today.
Got ~1h of practice in before race 1, where I was able to wiggle it down to 50.355.

First race I was able to do a 50.312 for P9. Started on Softs to be able to stay with the pack and not slow down too much during the start phase as the hards were so slow.
The start was good and I kept P9. Unfortunately in the left-hander after the downhill section a car in front lost it and I couldn't avoid hitting it (unfortunately ghosting didn't kick in), so I lost a fair amount of speed and lost 3 positions. The person who spun left, so now I was P11.
In the last corner I lost speed as well, got overtaken and others pitted so I was now in P9.
Got one overtake in into turn 1 for P8, where I stayed until lap 10 where I pitted. I also could've pitted lap 9, but I was so close to the car in front so I did the opposite to him.
Changed to hards which were planned for 1 lap. Too bad that the grip was far less than anticipated, so unfortunately I spun after the downhill section. Now I was chasing the pack with nothing to gain. P13 out of 14 (P14 also spun) for 202 points. Not good, especially as this was the first time in several weeks where I felt that I have genuine pace.

On to slot 2 for that. In time trial in between I was able to improve to a 50.279
Qualifying went brilliant for me, managed to get a 50.264 - I think this is as much as I had in stock. It was good for P5.
Started P5, and stayed in P5. I was immediately behind Kie who was on pretty much the same pace as I did. There were 1-2 situations where I could've sent it, but it would have lost both of us much more time.
Stategy this time was Softs for 10 laps - softs for 9 laps - hards for 1 lap.
Again, I did the opposite to the car in front of me regarding 10 or 9 laps just to see if it could get me past. It did not so again, P5.

This didn't change until we both pit in lap 19 - Kie went too wide and got himself a three second penalty. When we came out of the pits, there was a car emerging from behind who was on softs. He went past easily in the hairpin on the hill. So with that and Kie's penalty that was good for P5. 299 points for me are very good considering the past weeks, so I left it at that and did not go again.

This was my 2nd race:

Man, that was fun. I love racing this car!

My first slot of nations crashed before warmup, so it was an hour wait for my next go…

2nd slot loads up, and I’m one of only 2 A drivers in a field of A+ guys. Qualifying was ordinary - 0.5 off my practice time, 50.8 had me 10th (and was slower than most of my race laps!).

Started on hards, knowing the first lap was going to be sketchy as hell, but it wasn’t too bad apart from someone going too deep in turn 1 and a bit of nose to tail. Someone spun in front of me on the hards, I think it might have been @pennanton . I pitted lap 1 and somehow lost 2 spots in the pits!

The rest of the race was pretty uneventful, but so fun! Did some consistent laps and passed 2 cars, pitted lap 12 for fresh softs, and was closing on J.Law, thought I might have been close enough for a last lap pass, but finished right on his bumper for 6th and 220ish points I think it was.

Would have loved another few races, but given my first one crashed, and that I did pretty well, I decided not to. Such a shame our last race counts and not our best one! I would have happily raced that track all night!

Man, that was fun. I love racing this car!

My first slot of nations crashed before warmup, so it was an hour wait for my next go…

2nd slot loads up, and I’m one of only 2 A drivers in a field of A+ guys. Qualifying was ordinary - 0.5 off my practice time, 50.8 had me 10th (and was slower than most of my race laps!).

Started on hards, knowing the first lap was going to be sketchy as hell, but it wasn’t too bad apart from someone going too deep in turn 1 and a bit of nose to tail. Someone spun in front of me on the hards, I think it might have been @pennanton . I pitted lap 1 and somehow lost 2 spots in the pits!

The rest of the race was pretty uneventful, but so fun! Did some consistent laps and passed 2 cars, pitted lap 12 for fresh softs, and was closing on J.Law, thought I might have been close enough for a last lap pass, but finished right on his bumper for 6th and 220ish points I think it was.

Would have loved another few races, but given my first one crashed, and that I did pretty well, I decided not to. Such a shame our last race counts and not our best one! I would have happily raced that track all night!
Yeah was me. Started on the Hards and got exposed by the games physics where it gives you plenty of grip through the compression then decides to take it all away despite the car pointing in a straight line.

Manu Round 6.

I surprised myself with a TOP 5 position!

But it didn't look like that would be the outcome from the start. Not by a mile. Before warm up we were with 16 people and as a nice detail 3 of us were driving the G70. So that was cool. But when qualifying was loaded both Genesis were gone and so were four others. Sad for them but good for me, since I was already assured a good number of points going into the race even finishing tenth and call it a day.

So I took it more relaxed and started qualifying. And to my surprise I was doing a very nice 2nd lap when out of nowhere a WRX just rammed me in the middle of one of the big straits. Not a turn for miles to come... that was the beginning of a feud between us.

After that I was raddled and didn't quite recover so in the end I ended 7th out of 10. I'll give you three guesses who was behind me.

So of course it had to be Mr WRX who again rammed me in Turn 2 on the opening lap. Didn't even bother to break. Fortunately for me, but unfortunate for the Jaaag in front of me, I had the Jaaag to cushion the blow.

So I start chasing the WRX down and for a couple of laps nothing serious happens, but I gain some time on him. We pit and it turns out he's driving on meds and I'm on the hards. Now it's the other way round and I was going to reel him in. I was sure of it.

Penultimate lap I go for a move on the last right hand turn before the esses and make a clean pass. WRX doesn't like that and he's not so far away that I can deny slipstream. So by the time we hit the finish line he passed me on the right. I take him back on his left using his slip with the superior G70's speed. We go side by side into the uphill first "turn" and WRX decides to take me out by turning in on me. It backfires. For the first time I actually have good use for the barrier. I was so close to it turning in it, I was hit against it and ricocheted back to mister Dirty who hit the barrier on the right (hit that one myself quite often) causing engine damage. Race over mate. Karma at work.

At that point I was driving for 6th place already which was totally fine with me. But the game threw two more bones at me. First off there was a spin in one of the last corners of the last lap (you hate to see it, don't you) and by the time I finished I was gifted another place as it turned someone switched from meds to meds netting a 1 minute penalty.

P4. 73 points. Best this season. One and done. Very pleased with the result.

Have a good weekend guys.

Cheers,

Seth

Oh... and mister WRX... sadly he came in 7th still. He also profited from both instances.

Last edited:
Attempt 1: Went in with no practice but knowing a two stop was fastest. Started 10th, finished 4th.

Attempt 2: Started 3rd. Pole started on hards, without traction control and on the outside going into turn 1. Once he'd binned it I was chasing a German until a noted Portuguese/American dirty driver first barged past me into the right hander at the top of the hill. I have him the benefit of the doubt there since the camber of the track just throws you to the outside. On lap 8 I was on his inside through the last corner and he pulled across to go into the pit, taking me with him. When we came out he spun me out at turn 1.

When I sent him an appropriate message in the post-race chat he quit immediately. Someone else said he'd been doing it deliberately to try and get another Portuguese driver the win. When I watched the replay this turned out to be the case, once he'd caught up to that German he barged him out the way as well. He was going so slowly in the second half of the race I caught and passed him, I think I did it through the pits. He launched himself at me into turn 1 on the last lap and managed to hit the barrier on the inside.

He turned up in my 3rd attempt and his SR had gone from B to A, so make of that what you will. I think I shouted something when he spun me out, by the time the race finished I was quieter than I usually am but I was vibrating with rage until the next slot started.

Attempt 3: I'd had a second try purely because I realised I had pace, I enjoyed the car and knew that if I could catch people out with the strategy I'd have a good chance of a win. I didn't expect this by the third slot and when the lobby loaded and it was filled with DR A drivers I had even less hope. Qualifying saw me stuck in the 51.4s until I pulled a lap out of nowhere right at the end and started 3rd. Pole this time was on softs and was using traction control, but he binned it going down the hill on the first lap.

I followed the Spaniard in 1st and we were relatively evenly matched for pace. If I'd been a bit more consistent I could have been right behind him, but for the ten laps of the stint I was around 1-2 seconds behind him the whole time. I followed him into the pits and was quite annoyed to see he had quite a bit less fuel than I did, I don't think I was shifting in the right place. I was buoyed when I saw him switch to hards, assuming that anyone doing that mid-race rather than the end or beginning was doing a one stop. I tried to pass him on lap 11 but he held me off, but I got him next time round.

Alsace - Test Course__2.jpeg

I knew the pit loss was 10 or 11 seconds so I knew I was going to spend the stint looking at the relative. Something happened to him after a few laps and he was replaced by a Turk. I was driving quite badly but the gap kept going up. By the time I pitted on lap 19 I think I was 15 seconds ahead. I think I was going to pop up the headlights as I moved across to go under the chequered flag but I was too busy banging the table and shouting yes, which I don't think I ever did in GT Sport

Alsace - Test Course__1.jpeg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220917173354.jpg

How **** is that victory screen btw?

Won quite comfortably in the end. 53 races and a pretty consistent complete lack of desire to race in Sport Mode to the same extent I did in GT Sport, and at a level well below where I was in GT Sport, but this drive really meant a lot. I forgot how much fun it is to drive this MX-5, it's just so manageable and I don't think I've driven anything in Sport or 7 where I feel like I can feel the effect of all my inputs, and manage them accordingly.

The noted dirty driver was in this race too. He started in the middle somewhere and I ended up lapping him near the end. I caught him coming out of turn 1, and as I was getting a tow from him going up the hill he pulled across so I couldn't get a slipstream. Dick.

Last edited:
Wasn't expecting much as I didn't practice much (basically just did the 15 min TT before the race). Qualified P11 so started on hards. Just about survived lap 1 and pitted. Ended up in a pack that battled a decent amount which probably wasn't good for the result but was decent fun. Managed to avoid quite a few incidents and in the end brought it home for (another) P6, though still better than expected. Was way off P5 but I don't think I had the pace for those in front anyway.

2022 GTWS Nations Cup Season 2 - Round 6
Slot 5 - 0:00

So I originally entered the 11pm slot, but thanks to PD's brilliant netcode, the lobby got stuck in warm up for about 20 minutes. It finally resumed after that, but there were only 7 players left, including myself. I decided to just leave that lobby and join the final slot at midnight.

Fortunately, there was no technical issues with this session, however because most people were done racing for the day, I ended up in a mixed lobby of A and B rated drivers, so this race was worth less points than usual.

Qualified 3rd and started on Softs. Turn 1 was sensible with no incidents, but one overly eager driver tried to squeeze past me on the inside right before the steep drop but it didn't work out for them. Good news is no crash resulted from that. It was just me and P1 afterwards as we started to leave the others behind.

I went into the pits on lap 9 for another Soft stint and the leader went into the pits on lap 12 to put on Hards and came out behind me. But on the following lap, they ended up crashing and getting engine damage, so they were out of the picture. I drove alone until lap 19 when I finally did my Hard tire stint, and I put on TCS 1 to be extra safe. I came out in third behind two drivers, one who did their Hards stint on the first lap and the other who did a one-stop. Sadly, my strategy didn't net me a win, but can't complain too much about a podium finish, which was worth 153 points.

49520209-4BFA-4BC3-BE55-A1363BB3B7A9.png

B52C1A9C-8F85-4273-AEF2-8C71FD668C9F.png

I was a bit disappointed that the room was not as competitive as I would have liked it to be, but it was still nice to have a more laid back race for a change.

Last edited:
That Roadster race definitely went better than I was expecting. I knew I was off pace based on my practice times. Jumped into slot 1 US East, qualified 11th. Decided to do the 1H/10S/9S strategy. Things got fiesty right off the start, which I accidentally jumped and got a 3 second penalty and then got rear ended as I came out of ghost so started the first lap with damage. But T1 turned into a bit of carnage so I gained back up to 11th that I started in. Baby'd it around that first lap on the hard ice skates and jumped into the pits along with a handful of others. Came back out and over the course of the next stint there were a good several crashes/ghosts I came up on....a few people rage quit. Was surprised that for a good bit of the race I was maintaining the fastest lap. I will say this car became alot more enjoyable to drive as the fuel load went down and it started handling pretty nicely on even slightly worn Softs.

By the last lap I had made my way up to 4th and noticed the guy in the lead was someone who was gridded behind me. At the checkers he got a 1 min penalty so I guess he probably did a 1 stop and just used softs for both of them, so I got a bump up to 3rd which I was more than satisfied with considering.

Last edited:
Wow, fun car and fun track for the Nation's race this weekend. First I ran the 10pm NA slot and finished P5. Thinking I could do better, I ran again in the 11pm slot. All was going good running?P4 and gaining on the leaders, then on lap 15 the driver in P5 overcook T1 and punts me off. I spin again while damaged and limp home P12. I decide to take a final swing at in in the 12am slot (same race as C_Raccoon23) and qualify P1. I could not get a good jump on the start in any of the races and dropped to P4 by the downhill since I started on Hards. Exiting the downhill I nearly binned it and kept it off the wall costing me more time. I pitted for my first run on Softs and had a clear track to make up maximum time. By the end I was running P2 and taking big bites of the gap to the leader, his tires must have given up. I finished P2 with a gap of 1.6s for 160 points, a small improvement over my first attempt. PD should run a whole series with this car, it is great fun to throw around.

Slot 1: Qualified 14th in Top Split, and was running 12th on the final lap when 2 of the front-runners tangled, with one of them coming out far worse and gifting me an additional spot, so I finished 11th for 229 points. I knew I could definitely do better once Top Split thinned out, so I went again.

Slot 2: Qualified 10th and finished 9th for 244 points. This was still only my 4th highest score, and one I figured I'd easily beat in one of the final 2 rounds, so I decided to go again.

Slot 3: Qualified 6th, but still elected to start on Hards for 1H/9S/10S like I did the previous 2 races. Unlike those 2 previous races though, I got stuck in traffic. On my first Soft stint, I had to pass 2 one-stoppers on Hards who were in their own battle, forcing me to pick them off one at a time and costing me several seconds. Then I was held up for my ENTIRE final stint by another 2-stopper who was also on Softs, but still needed to make another stop to use the Hards. Even though we were on the same tire, he was very clearly slower than me, but I still couldn't get past. I couldn't out-brake him before the roller coaster, and I couldn't carry any extra speed through the penultimate corner, so I was stuck behind him until he finally pitted on Lap 19. As a result I could only finish where I started when I had pace to contend for a podium. 233 points meant I was definitely going again.

Slot 4: Had my worst qualifying time of the night and qualified P8, which became P7 after someone disconnected before the grid walk. This time my strategy meant I had clear track for the entire race after Lap 1. I was briefly under threat from behind on my first Soft stint, but kept them out of my slipstream and eventually built a gap. In the end I finished P4 for 251 points. With only 1 slot left, it was unlikely I would do better than that, so I took the points, even though they were still only good enough to be my 4th-best score, and I was still sure I could do better than that in the remaining 2 rounds in Nation's.

Last edited:
Slot 1: Qualified 13th in Top Split, and was running 12th on the final lap when 2 of the front-runners tangled, with one of them coming out far worse and gifting me an additional spot, so I finished 11th for 229 points. I knew I could definitely do better once Top Split thinned out, so I went again.

Slot 2: Qualified 10th and finished 9th for 244 points. This was still only my 4th highest score, and one I figured I'd easily beat in one of the final 2 rounds, so I decided to go again.

Slot 3: Qualified 6th, but still elected to start on Hards for 1H/9S/10S like I did the previous 2 races. Unlike those 2 previous races though, I got stuck in traffic. On my first Soft stint, I had to pass 2 one-stoppers on Hards who were in their own battle, forcing me to pick them off one at a time and costing me several seconds. Then I was held up for my ENTIRE final stint by another 2-stopper who was also on Softs, but still needed to make another stop to use the Hards. Even though we were on the same tire, he was very clearly slower than me, but I still couldn't get past. I couldn't out-brake him before the roller coaster, and I couldn't carry any extra speed through the penultimate corner, so I was stuck behind him until he finally pitted on Lap 19. As a result I could only finish where I started when I had pace to contend for a podium. 233 points meant I was definitely going again.

Slot 4: Had my worst qualifying time of the night and qualified P8, which became P7 after someone disconnected before the grid walk. This time my strategy meant I had clear track for the entire race after Lap 1. I was briefly under threat from behind on my first Soft stint, but kept them out of my slipstream and eventually built a gap. In the end I finished P4 for 251 points. With only 1 slot left, it was unlikely I would do better than that, so I took the points, even though they were still only good enough to be my 4th-best score, and I was still sure I could do better than that in the remaining 2 rounds in Nation's.
We (my Canadian alt anyway) were in slots 2, 3 and 4 together. I was the disconnect from Q3 in slot 4. It was good seeing you out there, even if my slots 2 and 3 were both ruined by idiots. I qualified 3rd in all 4 slots I tried and finished p8, p10, disco and then finally managed a p4 when I wasn't punted into next week.

My final race coming up with the Gr.4 Vantage on Saturday and I won't miss it, always feels a bit weedy for a big V8 FR. Don't expect much of a result at DTS, will just try to avoid a catastrophe at the CofD.
Every car that's not AWD feels "weedy," but the Aston probably has the best acceleration out of all the FR cars. It definitely blows the doors off the Corvette. I'm definitely not expecting a good result unless over half the field picks up engine damage at the CoD, but since I still need a 4th score, literally any result is better than nothing. At this point, finishing above 10th would exceed my expectations.

Back