Grand Valley 300 Enduro Murray Walker Style

• Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
Telford
Roaming_kiwi
After reading LM's Write up I decided to do the race and then a write up just for fun.

I'll be doing it as Murray Walker, so expect really bizzar sayings. I've just found a good source of crazy quotes of Murray Walker. For those interested here's the site
http://www.lloydia.com/quotes.htm

Just remember this is my first Write up so it's probably not very good

Now onto the Write up

My opposition:
Castrol Mugen NSX
Castrol Toms Supra
Denso Sard Supra
Penzoil GTR
Loctite GTR

I'm driving a RUF RGT with 656 HP

We are looking at the grid for the Grand Valley 300 Endurance race. I can see the cars all lined up with the tyre warmers on. They are for warming the tyres you know. As the cars get ready for a start, everyone clears the track. The officials have opted for a rolling start. We now have a green flag. That RUF RGT driven by DRIFT4EVA is a bullit. He sends the car too wide and drops down to 4th, but in a matter of Center Meters he's up to 2nd. Wow what a move. That RGT is the fastest car on the track. He's going around quicker than anybody else.

Lap 7. I can see an exellent tussle between the RGT and Castrol Mugen NSX. They're trading positions at every corner. It looks like there are a few cars about to pit this lap. The faster the RGT goes the quicker it will get to the pits. The slower it goes the longer it will take. Those 2 Skylines have fallen away from this leading bunch. Their hopes of winning which were nil before are zero now. Back to our race leader now. NO Wait! We have a new race leader largely because he didn't pit. It's the Denso Supra. But I can see his tyres are droping off. My word that RGT is eating the times of the Denso. Those 2 Skylines have fallen even further behind. I make no appoligies for them not being up front. I'm sorry they're not there.

It's now lap 13 and the Denso Supra is finally in the pits. Lets stop the Startwatch. Wow DRIFT4EVA has regained the lead with a blinding fast lap. If that's not a lap record then I'll eat the hat I don't normally wear. We're now coming up to the HSV corner. OH NO! The RUF and Penzoil Skyline have collided. The crowd holds it's joint breath. They're both ok. Let's go incar to see what's happening with the RUF. What's this he's listening to? I believe it's Linkin Park Live In Texas. Does GT3 have it's own Stig?

It's lap 21. As the Mugen NSX enters pit lane, yes it's the Mugen NSX coming into pit.... and the Mugen NSX is in the pit... NO!, it's the RUF. We all mamistakes and I certainly made a whopper there. After a slick Pitstop DRIFT4EVA has caught up to the Penzoil GTR. Oh wait. He's actually coming around to lap him. He's getting ready to put the big move on him. He's right beside the GTR now, What's this? The GTR has just pushed DRIFT4EVA off the track. He is now facing the wrong way. Now he's back on track to get some Blood.

Lap 29 of 60, which unless I'm very mistaken is Halfway. This is a sad day, albeit a happy one, at the Grand Valley 300 Enduro for the Skylines. The Loctite Skyline GTR is actually in a very good position. It's in last place. That RUF RGT hasn't put a foot wrong. OH NO! THE RGT HAS SPUN! Oh good, he's back on track. We must really give credit to the camera guys as they are producing the best quality pictures.

Lap 35, and the RGT is back in the pits. I presume for a pitstop. That was a smooth pitstop for both teams. I can see a battle developing between the RGT and the NSX.... I say developing because it's not yet on.

Lap 43. Nothing interesting has happened lately. OH NO! THE RGT HAS SPUN AGAIN!

Lap 56. And once again the determination, the sheer grit, the driving skill, and the tactics of DRIFT4EVA's Key Strategest allied to the legendary reliability of the RUF RGT is paying off..... (then) DRIFT4EVA IS IN TROUBLE! It looks like it's the Gearbox. Lucky for him he has a big lead and not far to the pits.Problem fixed, he's back out of the pits for the short run home.

On lap 61 of 60 DRIFT4EVA WINS WINS WINS!

Positions:
1st ME 1:56:51xxx
2nd Castrol Mugen NSX + 0'48.644
3rd Denso Supra + 1'33.972
4th castrol supra + 2'10.684
5th Penzoil Skyline GTR +1
6th Loctite Skyline GTR +1

I know that there are heaps of mistakes, but I'm only Human.

Oh Man it takes ages to write 1 of these

Wow, that's pretty neat stuff. I like the perspective - the narrating aspect.

I don't understand your times though. I think you left off a couple digits or something.

Good race!! If you could keep your RGT from spinning you might have less confrontation as you wouldn't be near the other cars so much. It really is a bit too powerful once you get it tuned in.

I've just edited the times. Thanx LM. :)

I actually found it better while spinning around because I like a challenge every once and a while. Right now I'm in the middle of trading fastest laps with the Denso Supra. I haven't lost it yet. And yes I'm driving my trust worthy RGT. I'm now on lap 60, and the Denso is about 1 sec behind me.

THIS CHALLENGE IS FUN!!! :D :D :D :D

...Those 2 Skylines have fallen away from this leading bunch. Their hopes of winning which were nil before are zero now...

:lol: Good stuff.

...OH NO! THE RGT HAS SPUN! Oh good, he's back on track. We must really give credit to the camera guys as they are producing the best quality pictures...

I almost felt like I was there. ;)

Fun write-up, D4E. 👍

Back