• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 6 comments

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
Grand Valley Raceway Endurance - The Write-up
60 laps, 300km.

I used the Calsonic Skyline for this one. Added Slick tires to it, and a stage 2 turbo (way overkill). Did the oil change to top the car out at 638 hp.

Setttings:
ASM = 0; TCS = 1, Bottom out the suspension, Brakes F = 20; R = 24, auto gear setting at 30, Boost the rear down force to 0.96.

Pit strategy
I pitted on laps: 8, 18, 29, 40, and 50.
The Raybrig pitted on laps: 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49 and 56
The Arta NSX Pitted on laps: 11, 22, 33, 44 and 55
Denso Sard Supra Pitted on laps: 13, 26, 39 and 52
Pennzoil Nismo Pitted on laps: 22 and 44
Loctite Zexel pitted on laps: 28 and 56

I hit lap traffic on lap 25.
I had lapped the entire field by lap 44. I surmise that I could have won this race, with stock tires, an oil change and a stage 1 turbo. My tires could go 11 laps, but a 10 lap strategy worked better.

Each pitstop added about 27 seconds.

Replay save complete at 40+ seconds into lap 40.

Results:
Arta NSX: +1lap
Raybrig NSX: + 1lap
Denso Sard Supra: + 1 lap
Pennzoil Nismo: + 2 laps
Loctite Zexel: + 2 laps

Best lap: 1’47.921 (lap 35)
Total time: 1:54’10.787
Average lap: 1’54.180

This nets me 400,000 credits and a White Impreza LM car.

There wasn't a lot of competition in this race, as I took first place before the first hairpin, and held it until my first pit, when I was passed. I regained the lead in lap 10, and simply outran the competition after that. I do have to say that I was pleasently surprised by the drivability of the calsonic. Very tight, and smooth. This was the first time I had driven one of the JGTC Skylines, and it was a good run. I see more time spent on this in the near future.

AO

GRRRRRRRR.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm currently mired in the middle of the Amateur World Championship against these same cars. Do they drive like such blockheads on the enduro? I've noticed this same crew in the previews for many of the enduros, and I'm going to go bug**** if I have to race for hours against them.

I'm running the stock CLK touring car against these cars. It seemed originally to have less low-end torque than the JGT Cars, but could be driven quickly enough to beat the crowd, consistently winning over the Tom's Supra by 4-8 seconds.

Now I've gotten to the Trial Mountain course and these idiots are pingponging all over the track. They drive all bunched up in a wad and hit each other and the wall constantly. By stupidity and by design, they are blocking me to such a point that I cannot pass anywhere, and spend each lap just catching back up, only to get slammed and spun again.

It will drive me insane to do that for 300km. Yet I don't want to enter a ringer and just beat them flat out.

Any advice?

For the first few laps, they do tend to drive in a bumper car mode. Once you've stretched out the laps, (till about your first pit) they are far enough apart that it shouldn't be an issue. I will state for the record, that they have no respect for the car behind them. I was bumped more than a few times, as I attempted a pass.

You just have to bump/rub/nudge/shove your way by. Unfortunate AI programming in the game, I guess.

Once in the lead, it wasn't a tough race. When using the wheel on this track, I was having such a rough time with the AI.

Once back to the DS2 it was a simple cruise. Also Grand Valley is a wider track w/ more passing opportunity than Trial Mtn. The spots that I was spun at, were just after first hairpin and in the middle of the second turn on the final tight "S" corners.

Other than that, I managed good runs.

AO

Nice write up. I took notes as Im getting in the mood for an enduro. ;)
rpm_flag.gif

[lrmarquee]Misnblu[/lrmarquee]

Back