Grand Valley Speedway GT in real life location - thoughts and views anyone???

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hi Forum

Another question for you to people to digest on. I was wondering you know Grand Valley Speedway is a fictional circuit in Gran Turismo, I was asking you lot if you had locate the circuit in either UK, Europe, USA, Canada or even Worldwide, so where do you think the circuit can be located in the real world if it was a proper circuit you can race on.

I am really interested to see where the Grand Valley Speedway circuit can be located in the UK, and if so where will you put the circuit as in terms of location value e.g. Cornwall or Peak District etc.

Feedback, views and comments welcome.

Thanks

MYNAMEISSPORT

It is made up. I can tell because any track categorized in Original Circuits and City Circuits are fake. I think Cote 'd Azur is real though, since so many people call it Monaco.

It is made up.

Read his post again. He says its made up.

I was wondering you know Grand Valley Speedway is a fictional circuit in Gran Turismo,

I can tell because any track categorized in Original Circuits and City Circuits are fake. I think Cote 'd Azur is real though, since so many people call it Monaco.
Original circuits are made up. City circuits are usually based on real places, but have never been used as real race tracks. Cote d' Azur exits and is based on the Monaco Grand Prix track.

I do it know it is made up TuneRVisioN, but I wanted to know if you can put the Grand Valley Speedway circuit in real life as a real circuit in this world that you can race on, where will you put it and where. E.G. Located in the UK and put it somewhere in Cornwall as an example.

In my opinion it looks a lot like a rural european country. But it would look cool in the U.S. or maybe even South America or something like that. Even though its fake it still good to dream. :)

Located in the UK and put it somewhere in Cornwall as an example.
Respect for suggesting Cornwall! (MasterStorm is born and bred in Cornwall, and still lives there whilst not at University!)

Keeping knigs back on topic, the tunnel through the cliffs and the bridge over the water generally make me think the track is based somewhere coastal, but mot with nearby beaches. Perhaps some parts of Scotland, or maybe even Italy would make for an ideal location? 👍

GVS seems to be used in a lot of European events, so I always thought of it as supposedly being in Europe and since, like Mid-field, it has an English name, they both were based in the UK.

But that could just be my imagination. Tahiti is a fantasy course based on a real island, it's just not Tahiti. So GVS is still anybody's guess.

Cheers,

MasterGT

In my opinion it looks a lot like a rural european country. But it would look cool in the U.S. or maybe even South America or something like that. Even though its fake it still good to dream. :)

I've always thought Grand Valley is somewhere in south France, or somewhere towards the Mediteranean. This is because in GT2 Grand Valley is used in the European Regionals. There are 4 countries represented in the flags for these races: France, England, Germany, and Rome.

I think it's this:

Deep Forest--Germany (the GT Nationals in GT2 have a German flag for Deep Forest, and in GT4 German flags fly most prominently near the grandstands)

Apricot Hill--somewhere in central or southern Europe since apricots grow most fervently here and the Gt2 regionals (again) specify Europe as the location of these races.

Rome--Italy. duh.

SS Route 5--this is a fictional track tho some people say it resembles an area in Japan (forget where). Personally, Ilike to think it's in Vancouver BC since Route 5 goes thru and it rains a lot there :D

Route 11--Japan. Again some folks say this track resembles an area in Japan.

Trial Mountain--I'm undecided. This could be anywhere so long as it's got mountains in the distance.

Last edited:
I used to think of trial mountain being in Japan. But I am not sure, going to Austria I made me think perhaps its its perhaps near Germany or Austria.

For me GVS looks like its located in Japan somewhere, or a place in Europe near Italy. :)

Trail Mountain and Deep Forest; I have no idea

Apricot Hill, maybe in somewhere like South America.

I'll have to third GVS being in western Canada, outside Vancouver if I may so venture, considering the city in the background on the main straight. I don't remember if it's there in GT4, but there was a city skyline in the background in GT1.

Funny, I was also thinking about a "real" location for this track just yesterday. Definitely west coast Canada or USA. High elevation, very steep cliffs and large body of water make this a coastal location in my mind.

I had always guessed the northern Appalachian mountains (US), western Canada or Germany for GVS's location. Someplace temperate, but cool, mountainous, lush, and plenty of water.

Grand Valley Speedway? I live in Argentina, and it really seems like a place in here, maybe La Pampa.
I would place Trial Mountain next to the Loch Ness. You can see a fisherman in the water, and the Loch Nes Monster (I didn't see it,, I just only found the fisherman, if you see the Monster, can you send me a picture?). I read this in wikipedia, hope it is true.

Trail Mountain--i'm undecided. This could be anywhere so long as it's got mountains in the distance.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some reference in a past version of GT that this track may be set in England. Don't ask me where I saw that, I am trying to remember, might have been GT1 or 2.

I think there might also been some mention in one of the games of Apricot Hill being set in Japan, but again I don't know why I think that.

I've always pictured GVS in western Canada.

I could see that.

I used to think of trial mountain being in Japan. But I am not sure, going to Austria I made me think perhaps its its perhaps near Germany or Austria.

I've read this before...sure it could be Japan. If a vegetation expert could look at the foliage around this track, he or she could make a pretty accurate assessment..

Apricot Hill, maybe in somewhere like South America.

Yeah but do apricots traditionally grow in South America? I tried to google "Apricot South America" and all I got back were a few recipe books and rare plants.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some reference in a past version of GT that this track may be set in England. Don't ask me where I saw that, I am trying to remember, might have been GT1 or 2.

I used to think this. It's because the British vs. American (or Brit vs. Japanese race, I forget) opens on Trail Mountain reversed.

But the obvious question is: Are there mountains in Great Britain? I thought all you had is hills over there.

Last edited:
Here's a couple I forgot:

Autumn Ring: I mean this could be many different places but (to me) it has a very "SCCA-amateur day" feel too it. SCCA stands for Sports Car Club of America by the way. The foot hills in the background. The fallen leaves. Gotta be somewhere near the Appalachians--and I would vote for west Pennsylvania. 👍 But it could be Tennessee or West Virginia as well. :drool:

Midfield: Japan. Again, some of the Gt2 Nationals and Regionals are held here. GT2 seems to be the most reliable since this track (and many others mentioned) started in GT2, therefore perhaps the designers put some thought into location of these fictional tracks (unlike in GT3).

Super Speedway: I'm not talking about the Twin Ring Motegi version...I'm talking about the earlier GT2 & 3 versions. California for sure. it's a NASCAR track and the windmills in the background suggest plenty of green power. The stands are packed, too. Gotta be somewhere outside of Los Angeles or maybe San Diego. Where else would every single seat be filled?

man I put way too much thought into this topic. :D

Last edited:
It is made up. I can tell because any track categorized in Original Circuits and City Circuits are fake. I think Cote 'd Azur is real though, since so many people call it Monaco.

Cote d'Azur is absolutely real, it's the Monaco Grand Prix circuit.

Seattle and New York at least are real, someone found them on maps and compared them to the real places - I think it was Polyphony themselves though. Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul also seem to be real.

As for staying on topic: Grand Valley seems to me like something in North West US, close to the Canadian border.

What do we think about cathedral rocks/El Capitan is set, my geography isn't great but I am pretty sure it is an American national park. Someone told me its Yosemite, does anyone know?

El Capitan is an actual rock formation in Yosemite National Park in California, although the track itself is fictional. At the start of a race on El Capitan Reverse you're staring right at it, off to the left of the track.

I always felt Midfield is in England somewhere, and Deep Forest in Germany. I never quite figured out where Grand Valley Speedway could be, but Canada, yeah, I could see that. Or France.

Good call on Autumn Ring, Parnelli! I can definitely see it as being in Pennsylvania or West Virginia.

I've driven the streets of Seattle. I actually found almost all of the roads that are in the track, and it is very close to IRL. It rocked.

I suppose Grand Valley Speedway could also be up in the mountains in Japan, but I always imagined it to be in a more Atlantic locale.

I was wondering you know Grand Valley Speedway is a fictional circuit in Gran Turismo, I was asking you lot if you had locate the circuit in either UK, Europe, USA, Canada or even Worldwide, so where do you think the circuit can be located in the real world if it was a proper circuit you can race on.

Antarctica, but due to global warming, beliefs have swayed towards it being located near New Zealand. . . Rumor has it Atlantis also might emerge 5 miles from the speedway any day now. . .

Back