Gravel: New Off-Road Racer Coming to PS4, XB1 & PC Early 2018

Well I for one am hopeful it's going to be worthwhile, SLRE, Ride 2 and Rossi show a studio that has been steadily improving.
I agree; Milestone is definitely on my radar now, and I'm strongly considering Ride 2 even after the first one kind of burned me with its irreverent and unpolished race events and its glacial loading times (I know the latter has been addressed). SLRE's career mode avoided a couple issues by being able to adopt sensible categories to group its cars and not offering any performance upgrades that screw over the difficulty balance, but I have still encountered a few wild curveballs in difficulty while everything else is mostly pretty effortless. I'm familiar with bargain-bin-game things like that, but the more Milestone proves itself, I want them to do better.

I just hope they aren't spreading themselves too thin between all these titles for them to continue improving.

GT Racing or Touring Car Game.
No one cares for another Motorcycle Game.
If they want a foothold in the american market they could do a Indycar Game.

But yeah it will be GT or Touring

I mean, Milestone has done a good job with what they have in terms of resources, every game I have played from them feels very rough around the edges.

I'd hope for 2 things- an Ayrton Senna branded game (why has no one done this yet?), or another rally simulator like SLRE which is criminally underrated

You're telling me Gran Turismo 6 isn't a good enough Ayrton Senna game? :P

Yeah, but on top of that it has like, 300 other cars to drive. Having a game based solely on Ayrton would be severely limited in size and content. Maybe if it was a $10 downloadable game, then it would be fine.

If only they patched the games they have already released. SLR Evo was so close to being great, but that classic milestone severe lack of polish let it down.

A GT or Touring Car game with someone's name on it, or a motocross game with someone's name on it

For a long time I'd like to see a WEC video game but that's not going to come out of them. Another company could do that however

Overall I do like to see a little studio like this to produce these niche racing titles in the market for a wider choice of racing titles. I agree above^^ some of their games feel great in the physics and riding/driving and careers are good but the finishing quality of the landscapes and presentation lets them down. I am enjoying SebL rally on the wheel (physics and FFB top notch).
The graphics are slowly getting better each time and this shot from Seb Loeb shows they are not far behind Dirt Rally now edit: MXGP2 has great graphics 👍

They have released more games in the last year or so than many top studios. If they put more effort in one or two decent titles per year and really polished or invested in a detailed graphics engine along with a decent photomode I think they would increase sales by having one big hit rather than 5-6 games that get forgotten.

I have a feeling the new game will be a new Rally/Rally Cross title or if it was BTCC/WTCC that would be great :D

Last edited:
Even when content was limited, their Super Stars V8 Next game I enjoyed a lot. Cars you don't drive everyday, nice selection of tracks, weather, changing track conditions and straightforward menus / setup.

Milestone can do a good game! Very much looking forward to the announcement!

Last edited:
Overall I do like to see a little studio like this to produce these niche racing titles in the market for a wider choice of racing titles. I agree above^^ some of their games feel great in the physics and riding/driving and careers are good but the finishing quality of the landscapes and presentation lets them down. I am enjoying SebL rally on the wheel (physics and FFB top notch) and now tempted by Ride2 seeing all scaffs vids. I have tried a few other of their motorX games and not felt much for them with many bugs and frustrations.

The graphics are slowly getting better each time and this shot from Seb Loeb shows they are not far behind Dirt Rally now 👍
Some of what makes the visuals rough strike me as such lazy oversights, honestly. Like how distant hills can be pale gray with haze against the black night sky, or how one of the Sweden stages reveals that the skybox texture is mirrored vertically with its middle point well above the horizon. C'mon... :P

I'd hope for 2 things- an Ayrton Senna branded game (why has no one done this yet?), or another rally simulator like SLRE which is criminally underrated

Ehm, what about Ayrton Senna Super Monaco GP(MD), Ayrton Senna Kart duel(PS1), Ayrton Senna Racing(snes) and indeed GT6 (ok only a small part but still) ;)

Last edited:
Also making its way to GDC will be a brand new and currently unannounced IP, set to showcase Milestone’s continued mastery of the motorsports arena.
“That’s no coincidence, either. In our 21st year we’ve decided to take a longer look at the US market, and we should have some news to share with those we meet in San Francisco that lays out our plans for America in 2017. It’s exciting.”

Those make me think it's going to be a supercross licensed game as well.

A grass roots racing sim would be a nice change of pace. So a lot of track prepped production cars on club and national circuits. It doesn't always have to be top level, which generally leaves me cold anyway.

Overall I do like to see a little studio like this to produce these niche racing titles in the market for a wider choice of racing titles. I agree above^^ some of their games feel great in the physics and riding/driving and careers are good but the finishing quality of the landscapes and presentation lets them down. I am enjoying SebL rally on the wheel (physics and FFB top notch) and now tempted by Ride2 seeing all scaffs vids. I have tried a few other of their motorX games and not felt much for them with many bugs and frustrations.

The graphics are slowly getting better each time and this shot from Seb Loeb shows they are not far behind Dirt Rally now 👍

They have released more games in the last year or so than many top studios. If they put more effort in one or two decent titles per year and really polished or invested in a detailed graphics engine along with a decent photomode I think they would increase sales by having one big hit rather than 5-6 games that get forgotten.

I have a feeling the new game will be a new Rally/Rally Cross title or if it was BTCC/WTCC that would be great :D
I would love to see a trophy truck game like what was on the PS1 (Rally cross, if i recall ). I said a while back Milestone need to use all of their assetts in Ride etc and make a racing game. Also agree they should focus on making one game top notch.

Back