Gravel: New Off-Road Racer Coming to PS4, XB1 & PC Early 2018

@Pfei
Thanks for the response. I was already concerned about the developers plans to split the online community down the middle with paid content.
I normally refuse to support games that adopt such practices but I'm just really keen for a decent online arcade racer on PS4.

Clearly Gravel isn't that game.

Recently tried the Baja game and the most recent Flatout but the multiplayer modes in both were ghost towns from day 1.

Happily playing GTS currently, but would love a successful online arcade racer to mix things up.

There just aren't any.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, though, to see if things improve with Gravel.

The DLC doesn't split the community. If DLC appears in the selection screen and you don't own it, you can't vote for it. But if that content wins the vote then you are allowed to play.

If they tweak multiplayer by allowing us to enter any active lobby it would be a huge improvement.

Not got this after i played the demo, but noticed its down at £24.99 now on amazon and less than £20 second hand already..wow that was fast.

Since my wheel doesn't currently work in GTS, I played some Gravel last night.. It's still fun but this game seriously needs some leaderboards or challenges and proper multiplayer. Feels like a wasted opportunity right now.. Still bummed I paid 70 euros for this..

So....I managed to get the DLCs really early....on Xbox One actually. King of Buggies, Colorado River, and Armored Operation. Everything is available despite them not to be released for weeks, or months.

If anyone needs proof, I can get some pics!

Last edited:
Just got a 7-gig update on XB1.

It's that patch that came out weeks ago for the PS4, right? I've been waiting ages for that since it has a lot of fixes and enhancements apparently.

It's that patch that came out weeks ago for the PS4, right? I've been waiting ages for that since it has a lot of fixes and enhancements apparently.

Not sure. Can’t find any news about it, so you’re probably right.

PSA: The Ford Bronco is available to download for free. It is in the Cross Country A class and can be specified with three liveries.

full

full

full

Another tip for anyone who needs Like a Train:

As stated above, do Alaska Caves layout with the Porsche Cayenne. The speed part starts entering the second tunnel. The only tough part is the chicane at the end. The trophy will pop right before the finish line.

Shorten the gear ratio so that in 6th gear you are at max revs around 200km/hr. That makes it easier since you don't have to be modulating throttle and brakes so much, and still gives you enough momentum to not fall below 175km/hr in the turns.

Interesting, for some reason I wasn't expecting them to be real vehicles. Look forward to trying them out! 👍

Kind of awkward that I've been able to use the Buggies (and what's still to come) for about a month now :lol:

I find it funny how three of the buggies have around 170hp, then there are two oddities. First there is the KTM with nearly 250hp, which (on paper) is noticeably more potent, but not alarmingly so. Then there is the Buckshot with... 1,200hp!! :lol:

HDR patch released for Xbox and PS4 900 mb I think for PS4 pro. Downloaded at friends got back and it seems much sharper and scenery looks better. Framerate seems a bit twitchy though.

Anyone on PS4 pro see the improvements in graphics and check framerate ? :cheers:

Patch notes

• Fixed a bug that allowed duplicated crown or flags in King's Run and Capture The Flag game modes.
• Minor fix on Capture the flag and King's run maps.
• Improved respawn action in online game mode.
• Added option to remove AI from the private lobby

• Minor performance improvement on Franciacorta.
• Added HDR Support
• Added HDR Video Option
• Added option to change the Rumble strength for the Controller.

I'm sure all 5 users still playing online will be pleased with the fixes highlighted in bold. :P

Jokes aside, I'm intrigued to see how this game looks with HDR.

Just started this today. Pretty fun. Nice blend of Arcade and realism (if there’s such a thing!)

After the steady diet of sims it’s nice to take off the suit & tie and throw on a T-shirt for a change. Been a while; I think the last arcade racer I played was NFS on PS1!

Patch notes

I'm sure all 5 users still playing online will be pleased with the fixes highlighted in bold. :P

Jokes aside, I'm intrigued to see how this game looks with HDR.

No sign of any patch on my xbox one here in Dublin.

No sign of any patch on my xbox one here in Dublin.

Mine way updated yesterday, May 10th. Your game may have updated itself, check to see if you have version 1.12 installed under the "Manage Game" function.

On PS4 pro I tried a few more tracks this evening. Graphics and lighting on the tracks and cars since this HDR patch have really sharpened up. The blurry scenery is slowly getting less each patch and it is starting to look pretty decent now. Still having issues with framerate jumping about though. Not sure if I have a setting wrong somewhere as all other games seem ok.

These days Gravel has exceptional post-processing effects to the point it looks photo-realistic in most lighting conditions (even if the assets lack detail). 👍

With that said, I think I am having the same issue as you @torque99 where the framerate is not as smooth as I would like it to be, even on an Xbox One X. While I don't experience significant drops, it never feels as smooth to play as Forza Horizon 3. What is frustrating about the framerate is that if it was even up to the standard of FH3, let alone 60fps, this would be up there with the most visually impressive off road racing games of all time.

Well I just got this yesterday, second hand disc £15..wow its absolutely brilliant...much much better than the demo they put out...

@torque99 i get a few jerks on the frame rate aswell, otherwise i think it plays well smooth etc replays are good aswell... ps4 pro, other than that i think it looks bloody brilliant and plays great..

Mine way updated yesterday, May 10th. Your game may have updated itself, check to see if you have version 1.12 installed under the "Manage Game" function.

Yeah it did update as you suggested. But I don't see much, or any, improvement in the graphics. I have a 4k HDR TV, but just a normal xbox one.

I quite like this game but its weak point is the poor graphics. The scenery seems muddy and blurry, and at times - like in the Namibia sections - almost ugly. The look of the vehicles, particularly in the pre-race starting grid scenes, are reminiscent of the worst of GT5.

Maybe it looks better with Xbox one X or PS4 pro.

Thanx for the info anyway.

I didn't see any "option" for HDR video anywhere as outlined in the patch notes, btw.

Back