Gravel: New Off-Road Racer Coming to PS4, XB1 & PC Early 2018

@FT-1 How are you getting on with the new Colorado River DLC around the Dam. I am really liking the new tracks especially the first track has to be one of my favourite ever tracks. It has everything full 8KM in length, amazing scenery, tarmac sections, bridges, dams, long straights, dust, lighting. One of my faves of any racing game. :gtpflag:

I'm not gonna lie, OnRush has been taking the bulk of my gaming time but I have checked out each of the new tracks at least once and I've got to agree, the long course is a superbly designed track - Varied terrains, gorgeous views and detailed surroundings. In fact, I think both the Iceland and Colorado environments offer the best tracks the game has to offer, well worth being sold as standalone content. 👍

Agree with @FT-1 . Ice and Fire and Colorado River are the best DLCs. Excellent tracks complementing the already great core tracks. With the latest patch running at 60fps, great physics, great FFB (G29), tons of cars and tracks... Milestone has finally put something together deserving AAA status. I still prefer SLRE as I am more of a rally simmer but Gravel is a huge milestone in Milestone's history as a developer (pun intended).

Agree with @FT-1 . Ice and Fire and Colorado River are the best DLCs. Excellent tracks complementing the already great core tracks. With the latest patch running at 60fps, great physics, great FFB (G29), tons of cars and tracks... Milestone has finally put something together deserving AAA status. I still prefer SLRE as I am more of a rally simmer but Gravel is a huge milestone in Milestone's history as a developer (pun intended).

Is this referring to the mid-May update or has there been one after that?

Is this referring to the mid-May update or has there been one after that?

Mid-may. Incredible difference in graphics and framerate, at least on the PS4 Pro. I assume vanilla PS4 should also target 60fps since Sony does not allow targeting different framerates on the two consoles.

Hey guys, have replays been added to timetrial mode with the patches? I am still on vanilla due to a 5 GB update that is downloading and it doesn't have it when I run a tt on a circuit. Haven't tested p2p.

Second question: is seasonpass worth it?

Hey guys, have replays been added to timetrial mode with the patches? I am still on vanilla due to a 5 GB update that is downloading and it doesn't have it when I run a tt on a circuit. Haven't tested p2p.

Second question: is seasonpass worth it?

The extra tracks are worth it, but IMO the extra cars are not. Depending on how pricing and sales factor in, I would definitely find a way to have the two extra tracks.

The extra tracks are worth it, but IMO the extra cars are not. Depending on how pricing and sales factor in, I would definitely find a way to have the two extra tracks.

Agreed, the 2 tracks are by far the best in the game. The vehicles are not that special, but you do get additional campaign events so it helps with longevity.

Thanks for your answers. I'll stick to the basegame for now. Plenty of stuff in there. :cheers:
---
Spend a couple of hours with the game and it is fun. I really like the variation they have put into the career. The tracks are well mixed up and the different classes mostly run on tracks that suit them well. AI is hard and I found myself towning it down a few times due to the lack of skill. The handlingmodel is a toned down version of SLRE and with both wheel and controller it is a joy to play. If you switch of all the aids, you get a very decent drivable and reacting car. Slides are beautiful to catch. Replays are a hit and miss. Since the landscapes are so large the quality of the replays (trackside/tv) takes the most hits in terms of quality. I really like the camera in car which is placed in the right upper codriver corner. This one gives a very nice view in general. On the closed tracks the tv camera works very well and the angles that are choses do the job.

I really love the snowy track at Mont Blanc. Layout is pretty simply but with full winterconditions it is stunning to look at. Alaska is a bit of a let down and some tracks are to wide for my liking. The rallycross tracks are loads and loads of fun as well. I mostly skip them in a racinggame but here I like it.

Photomode is an improvement but no shutterspeed and manualfocus. When a wheel is connected you can't even enter it. I mean what????

The cars, there are plenty, are varied and the sounds that go with every car are overal decent. Some great sounding machines, like the Lancer and some less sounding machines, like the Hummer.

Gravel is a solid entry with a "Sega Rally Vibe" for Milestone which has a huge fun factor. Happy I bought it!

Last edited:
I got this game for Christmas and just started playing it.. I think the graphics are good, the sounds not so, too quiet, I can barely hear the engine, even after turning it up, bonnet cam.
My biggest problem so far is the handling. I'm using a controller. After coming from VR4 it feels pretty lifeless & disconnected.
I cannot detect any SLRE feelings whatsoever.
I've only played the first chapter though, hopefully things will improve otherwise I'm back to VR4 for the mo :)

Edit: Playing the second chapter & I'm staying to change my mind about the handling, just very different to VR4 needed time to adjust. Also the night stage in the rain around the rally cross track from SLRE looks amazing. If they make a SLRE 2 with these graphics, well, let's hope eh.

Last edited:
New GRAVEL videogame incoming.... This is what appears when you enter the official website http://gravelvideogame.com/

1573307098-captura.png

The original had nice ideas, I hope the 2nd one has much better courses, better class division and physics. How could they **** up stadium offroad racing!?

Stadium offroad racing is hard to do in real life because of safety issues and the cost of renting a stadium. There are no such problems in a videogame!

I wish they'd merge SLRE and Gravel into a new game with Gravel's spread of content and SLRE's sim physics and relatively hardcore qualities. This first game was fun enough for a playthrough on a discount, but the physics got lost searching for a "simcade" balance that wasn't quite found, and some of the tracks were weak.

Gravel website http://gravelvideogame.com no longer shows the message and has returned to normal as it was before with all the information from the first Gravel.

Milestone has informed the website www.drivingitalia.net that there is no new Gravel in development or in the company's plans. It's in Italian but I have translated it with Google translate

UPDATE 15.00 - we receive from MILESTONE:
Dear editor, regarding the article published by you today 11/13, Milestone wishes to point out that at this time a sequel to Gravel is not in development or in the company's future plans. The message that appeared on the videogame website was caused by a technical problem, now resolved, about the causes we are investigating.

Source: https://www.drivingitalia.net/index...tone-sta-per-fare-un-sequel-di-gravel-r25449/

Last edited:
I just noticed the Special Edition is on sale. It said that the game has 5 DLC packs but I can't find the list of said DLCs other than the Porsche packs. Anyone can provide me with the list ? I don't know whether to buy the base game or just pull the trigger with the Special Edition.

I just noticed the Special Edition is on sale. It said that the game has 5 DLC packs but I can't find the list of said DLCs other than the Porsche packs. Anyone can provide me with the list ? I don't know whether to buy the base game or just pull the trigger with the Special Edition.
I've got it on XBox and it includes:

1698340372198.png

Slightly off topic but Gravel Special Edition is on sale on the Xbox store now for £2.49.

It comes with the season pass with 5 expansion sets. I've heard good things off mates about it. Haven't fired it up myself as only just bought it.
Still on sale for a couple more days so anyone reading this better hurry if they want the massive discount.

The game lets you download some free cars at the MS store from within the game too.

I just did Season Debut and it looks and plays great for a six year old game. It even has Codies style Flashback rewind.

[EDIT]4 days 16 hours left so you can fill your boots until at least Monday. The progression reminds me of the Burnout games whose theme tunes I'm pretty sure the composer of this game has taken inspiration from.

Last edited:
I bought this a while back on the OS Store for $4. I still haven't tried it out yet. I might finally get around to next week

Back