greatest rally car

• Thread starter jimbeam
  • 54 comments
could people post what they think is the best rally car to do the special condition races in. A car that isnt too expensive or maybe one you can win in another race.

thanx.

This depends on the race. For races that require Dirt/Snow tires, I used the Lancer Evo super rally car. For track rallys such as Tsukaba Wet, I used the F1 car.

yeah, the spec c is great, but the audi s4 and the super rally are not bad too. the mines skyline is great too, lots of low end power, just make it lighter, add ridegety and no turbo what so ever.

Well, the "best" is very expensive: For 1,250,000 credits, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car had better be the best of them all, and it is.

Turn off ASM, turn TCS up to 10, buy the Increase Rigidity option along with dirt and snow tires and Stage 3 power, set the final at 5.500 and the Autoset at 1, and set the brake balance at 2/4. The AI won't have a chance against you.

i would have to disagree, the spec-c stands as great a chance as the super rally car. the evo 4 gsr t.m.e and the evo 4 rally car are great rally cars, maybe u should check it out.

djaft3rb3ats

there is no best, and because it has a high price tag doesnt mean its good.

i use the used evo 6 gsr t.m.e as a rally car and its great. try the "mines" skyline too, its not bad

djaft3rb3ats

did pretty good with the EVO 4 rally car. the group Bs are a handful and dont corner very well. but they are fast and they do sound cool. Though the group Bs can be quite potent on the tarmac courses. Had to use the escudo for the hard ice rallies. could win the hard dirt rallies with the group Bs but was easier with the EVO w/ a turbo upgrade. RS 200 was the best for GC hard as with that one you simply mash the gas and throw it around the course walls be damned.

evo 4 rally,the one u won rite from the hard race or sumtin? ive never used it but i saved it cuz it was sexy. i found the rare evo 6 one i mentioned above and it does great on turns and straights. some of the cars i added na instead of turbo just because.

djaft3rb3ats

well, everyone has their own preferences of which cars work for me, my rally strategy make differ from yours, but its good that the expensive cars perform to thier level, or else i would be pissed that i wasted so much money on a car =)

djaft3rb3ats

Ezz777
still interesting that ereryone seem to require a better car (or creative use of the precorner tail flick) to beat the AI.

how do u beat it then cuz i use evo 6 gsr tme and some wall riding to win, tell us ur car and settigns and how to win 💡

djaft3rb3ats

My best so far has to be the latest Celica GT Rally car, Not sure the proper name for it... I beat everything with it quiet easily... Mostly 9 - 10 A Spec races...

Before this I was using the 83 Celica GT4 with dirt tyres...

@Ezz777, My highest A Spec race was 79 points @ Swiss Alps, which I won. So not "everyone" has to have a more powerfull car... ;)

EDIT: Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST 185) ('95) <-- This is my car...

My choice of Special Conditions "vehicle" isn't a rally car at all. The Dodge Ram is by far the absolutely best "vehicle" for a high point, clean sweep of the Special Conditions. :D
HERE is a link to a previous post I made in another thread with a pretty good setup for the RAM

JParker

I haven't tried them all, but of the ones I did, the Audi A3 3.2 Quattro was hands-down the easiest to control in dirt and ice, almost like it had a cheat setting built in or something.

ViXeN
@Ezz777, My highest A Spec race was 79 points @ Swiss Alps, which I won. So not "everyone" has to have a more powerfull car... ;)
QUOTE]

Yes, more powerful OR a creative use of the walls i seem to recall saying. I guess if you managed to win with 79 A specs without touching a single wall then you are genuinely a tops driver. Well done to you.

Hey guys...

I can't register a vote just yet, because I haven't tried all of the cars I want to. But a couple quick questions: From where do you obtain an Evo T.M.E.? And for now I am rallying with an 99' Evo VI... is the T.M.E. noticeably better than my Evo?
Thanks for the help... and I'll be around on these boards for a while...

well there are several good rally cars it depends really on what kind of vehicle that u want to drive. if I'm the mood for some old school racing I usually use a super bee charger, if I want to drive something more stable I use eithe r the Ford F-150 Lightning or the Land Rover Stormer Concept. But the abosulte best rally car I think will have to be the Ford Rs200. So it depends on what u like to drive really and what is the most fun. :)

Ezz777
ViXeN
QUOTE]

Yes, more powerful OR a creative use of the walls i seem to recall saying. I guess if you managed to win with 79 A specs without touching a single wall then you are genuinely a tops driver. Well done to you.

Hey I didn't say I missed every wall, lol... I hit a few... hehe, but didn't ride...

hehe... i konw what you mean. i don't deliberately wall ride - but sometimes it is a last resort for a particular corner or section of a track. Crickey about the whole of the ice arena is that way for me - but then maybe that's because i never felt the need to grab a pick up truck and put snow tires on it...

i guess ideally i would like to be able to do all the rallies clean and win... most i could do - the ice and grand canyon hard were beyond me. and bugger if i was going to let those two stand in the way of finishing the game.

Evo TME is usually available in the used showroom, check out both I and II.

I had to use two cars for the hard rally's, the RS200, which was a beast, but I could get to hustle around most of the tarmac courses and a few of the dirt courses. For the ice races, tahiti and grand canyon on hard I bit the bullet and bought the '03 STi rally car. I noticed a huge difference in stability and controllability between that and the '02 car for some reason. I was still sweating pretty hard after the dirt races and had to wall ride like crazy on the stupid ice arena. I hate that place, thank god I'm done with it.

TheAdvocate
Hey guys...

I can't register a vote just yet, because I haven't tried all of the cars I want to. But a couple quick questions: From where do you obtain an Evo T.M.E.? And for now I am rallying with an 99' Evo VI... is the T.M.E. noticeably better than my Evo?
Thanks for the help... and I'll be around on these boards for a while...

the evo 6 gsr tme that i was metioning earlier is found in the historic showroom 2. the tme works better for me, or maybe its my imagination.

anyways, the audi s4, i believe, its better than the a3

djaft3rb3ats

If the Super Evo is not the best of the rally cars, why do you suppose PD priced it like it is? Only the Le Mans cars and JGTC cars are more expensive. At 1,250,000, its a cool half-million more than any other rally car. That's 66% higher.

Why do you think PD put such an extremely high price on the Super Evo?

just because???? you act like the car is supposed to be good just becaue it costs a crap load. anyways, they try to make the pricings somewhat realistic. ill give u an example zardoz, on a recent study on i believe channel 2 news, they tested paper towels. many brands included bounty, brawny, kirkland, and many others. the result was the kirkland brand won, with the same absorbancy as that of the other top brands and costed 42%, yes, 42% less.
what im trying to say is that just because its expensive, and you can thank PD, for that, doesnt mean that its good or worth the price. MY evo 6 is great =).

theadvocate, this is for you.

for the evo 6 gsr tme, buy ALL the parts.
comes out to about 506 hp.

susp:
5.9/4.5
120/120
shocks 8 (all around)
toe -1/0
all else is same

gears:
final 4.5
auto 8

tcs 3

df:max

lsd:
10/40/20

aycc-65

vcd-36

*edit* forgot to tell you brakes are 4/3 :dunce: :ouch:

hope you like it and please feel free to tell me how it goes.

thanks 👍

djaft3rb3ats

Back