GRID 2019

every "first impressions" video I see talks very positively about this new GRID yet a lot of people are very negative towards this game. I hope it will surprise and it will be decent actually.

I think it will be decent, most of the negativity probably comes from comparing it to previous games. It has lesser content than previous Grid and other game in similar theme, also not many knows that tracks are free. I still see complains that Codemasters will resell old tracks like in Dirt Rally 2.

Good chunk of comments are complaining the lack of demolition derby too.

Good chunk of comments are complaining the lack of demolition derby too.

Yes. Most notorious comments are lack of DRIFT and lack of DemoDerby. Which is strange. Drift was awesome only in first GRID, and DemoDerby was always a small addition not one of the main disciplines.

One thing I really miss is this Arcade interpretation of LeMans from first one. It was awesome actually.

every "first impressions" video I see talks very positively about this new GRID yet a lot of people are very negative towards this game. I hope it will surprise and it will be decent actually.
People can't accept that if a game isn't the exact thing they want it to be, rather than being "bad", maybe it's just not for them. Fortunately a lot of the content creators who have been given access to the game do understand what they're trying to do with it.

I'm just curious as to what the DLC is going to look like. It definitely needs at least 4-6 more tracks and at least 30 more cars.

I'm just curious as to what the DLC is going to look like. It definitely needs at least 4-6 more tracks and at least 30 more cars.

For me, this is what it all boils down to. I know contents aren't everything in a racing game, but I can't really see myself paying $80 for a game that'll take few months or even a year to be fully fleshed out.

I'm gonna get it someday down the line, that's for sure. The problem is when.

For me, this is what it all boils down to. I know contents aren't everything in a racing game, but I can't really see myself paying $80 for a game that'll take few months or even a year to be fully fleshed out.

I'm gonna get it someday down the line, that's for sure. The problem is when.
Same here. I'm definitely not getting it on release day, but maybe months down the line or especially if the DLC looks good and they make some nice updates to the game. Right now it looks like a knock off forza motorsport/ need for speed blend. Not quite my style even though it has a few nice cars that other racers dont.

I'm actually pretty happy with the car list revealed so far. I'm not sure what 10 or so more cars might be revealed that would make me want to play this game any more.

- Ego engine, inheriting a lot from the 2019 F1 game.
- PS4 Pro: 1440p
- Xbox X: 1728p
- Both use the same/similar AA method.
- PS4 Pro seems to have better anisotropic filtering.
- Xbox X has grass all the way on the side of one preview track which is omitted from the PS4 Pro.
- Besides the above, all other effects/LoD etc seem to be the same between the two.
- Xbox X is generally 60 FPS but San Francisco track sees dips from to 48~50 FPS in some places
- Pro sticks to 60 FPS in the San Fran track, but they encountered one isolated drop to 45~ FPS elsewhere.

Stratos is the 1976/77 Le Mans GTP spec

GRID 2019 - Lancia Stratos - garage menu.png

Me too. I thought it was only a rally car but after some further research it did a lot more than rally racing

I knew about the Group 5 Stratos because of Wheeljack from G1 Transformers but this is the first time I see the variant that Grid got.

Pretty cool that Grid manage to get a few cars that are less known in games, the M1 Group 5 is a nice surprise too when it got announced.

Back