GRID 2019

Is that the question?
Yes, on the one hand I play FH4 almost everyday, on the other hand I just installed Grid 2 from Gamepass and I’m having a blast so far. I have also played Grid Autosport and is just OK. The ultimate edition seem reasonably priced, but I may wait for some official reviews to make my decision.

I agree Scaff :cheers: I had a few hours too and also enjoying it. Straight out the box the handling is great (PC) using xbox controller the rumble triggers work and it has a nice feel to the cars. I would say more F1 2019 than Grid AS. Nice sharp braking, wide steering and you can feel the weight enough to pass through chicanes fast. (and still have the option to tweak sensitivity and change set up of cars).

I took a quick 4K 60FPS Ultra video around San Francisco. 👍

Last edited:
Really having a hard time with this. Carlist is good but tracks are shallow, like in DR2. The season announcements don't look that great either (see ultimate édition info page PSN store). It is seriously lacking and the game screams like 'OhBoyWeDidn'tBringOutAGridThisGen' so let's rush one out! I hoped for a serious return to roots with an epic thintop racer and some support classes around and a photomode like OnRush. Simply nothing of that and I can't get rid of the feeling they try to milk the customer once more with minimal effort. Maybe down the line for me during a heavy sale.

Honestly I think I'm going to pass on this, at least until it goes on sale.

One reason is that it's not where I am at the moment - having recently re-discovered AC, and slowly getting into ACC, rFactor, and dipping my toes into R3E I'm very much on the sim side of things at the moment, and for pure fun there's Wreckfest, and also that old copy of Autosport that I used to play with a keyboard.

However the real reason is that that this is the second half finished game that Codemasters have released this year, with the rest of the game to be drip fed to us in the form of DLC (at least some of it is apparently free this time). Plus I actually feel totally ripped off by DR2 given that if I want all of the content it becomes close to a $150 game for me - I can afford it, but when I feel I'm being gouged for cash I'm somewhat loath to part with the money. The only game that was released relatively complete was F1 2019, but even so problems and errors that have existed in the F1 series for years are still there with no sign of them ever being rectified.

So I don't think Codemasters deserves my money for this.

Response seems very mixed in general and I’m just not sure I want to take the punt since the lack of content effectively guarantees it’ll be half-price by December.

When it comes to racing games recently, Assetto Corsa Competizione and WRC 8 are king for me right now - and from what I’m hearing this maybe doesn’t do enough to grab you and beg you to play.

Hi all, I preordered GRID so I played it at night. I was very pleasantly surprised with the physics when using T300 RS. I didnt adjust anything and it felt great! So much better than F1 games in which I feel nothing while losing traction. I set it on very high and I have no problem overtaking opponents when I know the track but I havent tested it enough. I am low A+/S on GT Sport so you have some idea of my speed :-) So far I have a blast. I recommend this game and I cant wait to play multiplayer with my friends where you can create a championship with up to 5 events and fill it with AI. All games should have that. Point system is the same as in F1 - 25 pts for 1st.

If you have any questions about GRID, ask me no problem :-)

Hi all, I preordered GRID so I played it at night. I was very pleasantly surprised with the physics when using T300 RS. I didnt adjust anything and it felt great! So much better than F1 games in which I feel nothing while losing traction. I set it on very high and I have no problem overtaking opponents when I know the track but I havent tested it enough. I am low A+/S on GT Sport so you have some idea of my speed :-) So far I have a blast. I recommend this game and I cant wait to play multiplayer with my friends where you can create a championship with up to 5 events and fill it with AI. All games should have that. Point system is the same as in F1 - 25 pts for 1st.

If you have any questions about GRID, ask me no problem :-)

Does it have a dasboard cam?

Is there pits and tyre wear along with fuel?

Does it have a dasboard cam?

Is there pits and tyre wear along with fuel?

Yes, it has a cockpit view. You can choose from 2 views inside the car. One is a classic with hands and a wheel (you can turn wheel and hands off) and one closer to the windscreen.

There is no tyre wear and fuel, no pits. This is not a game for that. There is a nice damage model though.

Really having a hard time with this. Carlist is good but tracks are shallow, like in DR2. The season announcements don't look that great either (see ultimate édition info page PSN store). It is seriously lacking and the game screams like 'OhBoyWeDidn'tBringOutAGridThisGen' so let's rush one out!

However the real reason is that that this is the second half finished game that Codemasters have released this year, with the rest of the game to be drip fed to us in the form of DLC (at least some of it is apparently free this time). Plus I actually feel totally ripped off by DR2 given that if I want all of the content it becomes close to a $150 game for me - I can afford it, but when I feel I'm being gouged for cash I'm somewhat loath to part with the money. The only game that was released relatively complete was F1 2019, but even so problems and errors that have existed in the F1 series for years are still there with no sign of them ever being rectified.

Response seems very mixed in general and I’m just not sure I want to take the punt since the lack of content effectively guarantees it’ll be half-price by December.

Hmmm....

That's pretty much the MO of Codemasters games really going back to DiRT 3. At least with the DiRT games, Rally in particular, that lack of content can be excused somewhat.

As posted by the user above you though, it's definitely not excusable when we're talking about a circuit racing game where quantity and quality can co-exist.

It's almost like this is the new normal for Codemasters and people are only *just* beginning to wisen up to their tactics now that it's a series people actually care about!

Hmmm....

It's almost like this is the new normal for Codemasters and people are only *just* beginning to wisen up to their tactics now that it's a series people actually care about!
I mean its 3 posts in a single sub-forum man - let’s be honest, we aren’t indicative of the fanbase as a whole.

I mean its 3 posts in a single sub-forum man - let’s be honest, we aren’t indicative of the fanbase as a whole.

No, but this is the same thing that has been pointed out with the DR2.0 DLC plan for the longest time, and it certainly wasn't acceptable there...yet it was defended with the lackluster excuse of 'oh, all the new locations that I can play in the original game are rEmAsTeRd' which doesn't fly in any regard. And guess what? Me, and certainly others, don't feel the need to pay for 'remastered' content of locations that should have been in the base game to begin with, with the real possibility of the only new stage rally content being stuff that I can enjoy in DiRT Rally all the same.

When a game is hacked and slashed into pieces and is light on content for no other reason then DLC, and it's a pattern that has been present in a developer's games for the past two games they've released, then maybe questions should be asked about the developer's intentions? Certainly I'm tired of the free pass Codemasters gets for their conduct with regards to post launch content and how it is delivered, or what is delivered within, when other developers that have done the exact same thing Codies is doing get lambasted. Why?

No, but this is the same thing that has been pointed out with the DR2.0 DLC plan for the longest time, and it certainly wasn't acceptable there...yet it was defended with the lackluster excuse of 'oh, all the new locations that I can play in the original game are rEmAsTeRd' which doesn't fly in any regard. And guess what? Me, and certainly others, don't feel the need to pay for 'remastered' content of locations that should have been in the base game to begin with, with the real possibility of the only new stage rally content being stuff that I can enjoy in DiRT Rally all the same.

When a game is hacked and slashed into pieces and is light on content for no other reason then DLC, and it's a pattern that has been present in a developer's games for the past two games they've released, then maybe questions should be asked about the developer's intentions? Certainly I'm tired of the free pass Codemasters gets for their conduct with regards to post launch content and how it is delivered, or what is delivered within, when other developers that have done the exact same thing Codies is doing get lambasted. Why?
I was on-side for the DR2.0 stuff, so I do tend to agree. That game was borderline farcical in its lack of new content in the end.

I was on-side for the DR2.0 stuff, so I do tend to agree. That game was borderline farcical in its lack of new content in the end.

And that's ultimately what I'm trying to get at. Too bad those within the DR2.0 sub-forum didn't like that particular truth of the lack of new content within DLC.

It's not even like DLC is bad, or anything. It can be a powerful thing, able to bring back a game from the grave in terms of player numbers. But when the only 'new' content you have for what can be considered the main part of your game, the one that people paid $80 CAD on top of the $30 for the season pass, is stuff you can play in the older game, and if Codemasters lackluster support of titles after they have been dropped is any indication, might be the only stuff you get instead of new, exciting content, then why bother? When a game is being released and the content is lacking, because the game was slashed to pieces to make up the seasons for DLC, then why would you buy it? Especially if this is a pattern present within a company's past two games?

I find it hard to believe that people expect EVERY SINGLE big name racing game out there to be a full on sim :/

The folly of sim racing taking control - everything has to be super serious and not be cognizant of other games' place in the market, and that there exists a place for games to be considered 'simcade', as much as some elements of this forum in general spit at that type of moniker for whatever reason.

Doesn't excuse Codemasters for lackluster handling that exhibits the same pivot based steering model that has been present with the EGO engine since DiRT in 2007 though.

People are missing the point on why Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC model is so hated. Its not merely because of its high price, but due to the fact that most of its paid DLC contents are literally from the first Dirt Rally which got cut on 2.0 only to be sold again for additional price.

As for this GRID, the base car lists are actualy encompassing most of the GRID car lists of its entire franchise run + GT4 cars from DR2.0, so its actually pretty good so far. I do abit worried on the remaining of cars such as Koenigseggs, Mazda Furai, Mclaren F1 GTR, etc. But I reckon its not as chronic as DR2.0 since it'll not be the majority of the upcoming paid DLC (though still rather unethical IMHO).

People are missing the point on why Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC model is so hated. Its not merely because of its high price, but due to the fact that most of the contents are literally from the first Dirt Rally and then cut out on 2.0 only to be sold again.

...that's literally what I said when I mentioned DR2.0 to begin with.

...that's literally what I said when I mentioned DR2.0 to begin with.
Yes but your posts its a rather very cynical take on the matter.

I wont going to have some assumptions against Codey now. DR2.0 was such a PR disaster because it is proven by its released DLC. But Codey said that this GRID will have upcoming tracks DLC for free this time around. So maybe Codey is now striving to be better now. Its car DLC (for a season or a year) might only have one or two missing cars from previous GRID, maybe even none at all.

We'll just wait and see. Right now the car lists are pretty decent so far.

Yes but your posts its a rather very cynical take on the matter.

Because I've seen what Codies has done. Like how DiRT Rally had no DLC support other then the PS VR drop, when it could have been supported far longer then it actually was. Like how they pumped up DiRT 4 as this sort of bridging of the gap between sim and arcade rally games, would make both sides happy, would signify a new dawn with My Stage...they did jack ****, dropped the game like a hot stone after about three months, and promptly dumped My Stage, would could have been revolutionary if they actually bothered to flesh out the complaints from it, and oh yeah, nobody liked how it handled. Top it all of, then release a game with lackluster base content, and expect people to pick up the slack and pay for 'remastered' DLC locations and stages.

Others can attest to this.

So maybe Codey is now striving to be better now.

No, they aren't. Seems obvious they can continue to make suckers out of racing game fans and nobody cares because it's such a small fandom that people won't make as big of a stink so that it reverberates outside of it. The fact that they're offering DLC tracks for free, but said DLC is stuff that could have made the base game to make it feel more worthwhile at $80, doesn't cut it at all.

The only reason why tracks are being offered for free is that they got their hands burnt with the DR2.0 DLC debacle. Frankly though, they can offer all the DLC for free - certainly won't get me to play another Codemasters game from this point onward. Sad too, because when it comes down to it, I'd rather pay the $80 to get punched in the face with a lack of content because at least Codies makes somewhat decent playing games, certainly better then stuff from Milestone and Kylotonn / whoever makes the WRC games now, which is value priced and still looks and plays like garbage.

yet no one blinked with gt launching with 12 tracks

As much as you like to pull out this gotcha within this thread, GT gets a lot more leeway considering GT Sport was such a new turn of the page for the franchise, the previous rules of past GT games in regards to content don't really apply. Plus, even if the content was lacking, GT gets a pass somewhat for adding onto the game new and old tracks for free post launch, certainly not as a last ditch effort to engender some good will after a PR disaster like Codemasters has done with GRID 2019. Nor does GT have the history that Codemasters has with regards to post launch anything (Instead, they have their own problems)

Im pretty sure both the car and track list got quite a bit of flack when GTS first came out.

And still continues to do.

Welcome to 2019, where people complain about... Free post-launch content in video games.:odd:

No matter how you put it, I see that as such a petty thing to complain about.

So apparently we can't raise criticisms about how a developer works post launch content, and indeed operates as a studio, because said post launch content is free?

This is such a fallacy level argument and you know it.

Back