GRID 2019

Hi have grid ultimate on Xbox one X really enjoying it it’s a lot of fun, not sure how team stuff works hehe I’m trying to look it up somewhere on line, handling is a bit funny at times and not feeling much through pad like forza or gt sport, also does anyone have any handling settings for Xbox one Pad. Thank you so much.

Hi have grid ultimate on Xbox one X really enjoying it it’s a lot of fun, not sure how team stuff works hehe I’m trying to look it up somewhere on line, handling is a bit funny at times and not feeling much through pad like forza or gt sport, also does anyone have any handling settings for Xbox one Pad. Thank you so much.

Team stuff is pretty basic really. Go to profile from the main menu and you can adjust stuff there.

It’s not meant to feel like Gran Turismo or Forza. I found the default settings to be perfectly adequate on PS4.

Reviews coming in for PC are mostly positive from the usual suspects. Only a few on Metacritic so far but positive.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...uscular-and-magnificent-arcade-racer#comments

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/10/08/grid-review-5

View attachment 856620
I tend not to care about God is a Geek, because I find they’re way too positive about everything. I’m finding it very hard to find negative reviews about anything on there.
I prefer IGN (although their players absolutely suck. That, and Luke Reilly is a massive Forza fanboy)

And in its week of release Microsoft decided to do a Columbus Day or something sale (for Latin American countries only) which can net me FH3 Platinum (with everything and the map!) AND the base Project Cars 2, for less than the base GRID... Oh well, I will continue playing Grid 2 and wait for a sale or Gamepass!

These cars are like a drug... That speed :D

GRID 2019 | Super Modified Time Attack | Subaru Impreza WRX @ Barcelona - Memorial Run

Take Red Dead Redemption 2. There was a heap of hype when it came out but within a few months, everyone had moved away.
RDR2 was a massive commerical and critical success though. And even though everyone hated RDO at launch and said it was DOA, it's continually gotten much better since then and is still very popular. And it's coming out on PC next month. I get what you're saying, but I don't think Red Dead is a good example. I absolutely agree that Grid could fall into that space of irrelevance though.

Do you get extra XP for qualifying in first? If not really missing out on XP for passing people.

I really liked the old Grid games, but i wasn't really happy with the current codemasters dlc model. So i was interested in the game but wanted to wait for a complete edition or a discount. But after reading some positive reviews and comparing the prices i noticed some shops have already lowered the ultimate edition price to a much reasonable €69,99 so i decided to order that version.

Man this is why people get so upset with new games. This level of expectation is pretty unrealistic. Enjoy your wait.

Considering the first 3 tracks he listed are pretty much standard in modern circuit-based racing games, his post doesn’t really seem all that unrealistic.

Man this is why people get so upset with new games. This level of expectation is pretty unrealistic. Enjoy your wait.

Or they get tired of people like you, when the game has been cut up at launch enough for most review outlets to point it out, just to shore up DLC seasons that don't even have any concrete plans in what is being offered to you. But so unrealistic, tho.

Considering the first 3 tracks he listed are pretty much standard in modern circuit-based racing games, his post doesn’t really seem all that unrealistic.

And have been in GRID in one form or another. But it's so unrealistic, tho.

I purchased the game.

My go-to racing game is Project Cars 2. I've played that for 2 years and still love it. The best times I have with it are when I join a group of really great guys online to race in their league.

But, the last few weeks for me have been so busy at work, that I haven't been able to join them.

I wanted something different just for the sake of something different and I wanted something I didn't have to take too seriously and I could jump in and jump out and play when I had a little free time.

The few hours I've spent with the game, I've had a lot of fun. I knew what I was getting when I got into it. It's not extremely deep but that's exactly why I wanted to have it, for quick sessions

The game is beautiful. The graphics are great. The frame rate is great. There are plenty cars to pick from. The physics are better than I expected.

I struggled at first, getting my wheel calibrated. I have a CSL elite. But, I worked it out to where I could enjoy it even though I think there's more tweaking to be done.

I've read that there's absolutely no force feedback and, at least for me, that's not true. It's not as strong as project cars 2 but it's definitely not nonexistent.

I bought the deluxe version and I have no idea if I got anything for it yet but I guess I'll be getting whatever DLC comes out in the future. I will always buy the deluxe version of any racing game because I like to support those developers.

For people who don't have a wheel, it plays really well with a controller.

It's very early but, so far, I'm glad I purchased it

EDIT: Just watched this video and it's balanced if you want to see the game without having somebody who's only hyping it for a free copy.

What I really found interesting is that he said if you turn all the driving AIDS off you will experience a little better forced feedback. He says driving aids "on" seem to mute the force feedback a little bit.

Watch "GRID 2019 - Part 2 - Starting Over" on YouTube

Last edited:
Dan
If I enjoyed the look and feeling of Driveclub, would you guys say that GRID is a good purchase for me?
Grid is very different to Driveclub
Grid is a more Track-Focused, Racing car based game
If you don’t mind racing on purpose built circuits with a good selection of racing machinery and you don’t mind arcadey handling, I can’t recommend it enough. There’s not much in the way of tracks at the moment, but they do come in free DLC

Grid is very different to Driveclub
Grid is a more Track-Focused, Racing car based game
If you don’t mind racing on purpose built circuits with a good selection of racing machinery and you don’t mind arcadey handling, I can’t recommend it enough. There’s not much in the way of tracks at the moment, but they do come in free DLC

Yeah, I'm totally ok with this being a racing circuit game. DC had those too.
Arcade handling is good too. I'm not looking for a brutal face-melting racing sim like iRacing or whatever else is on the market. :lol:

Or they get tired of people like you, when the game has been cut up at launch enough for most review outlets to point it out, just to shore up DLC seasons that don't even have any concrete plans in what is being offered to you. But so unrealistic, tho.

And have been in GRID in one form or another. But it's so unrealistic, tho.

Any additional tracks will be free updates. Which is pretty unrealistic these days. My point being, they aren’t in the new one, so expecting the free content to be of that magnitude, yes, it’s unrealistic. I’ll be very surprised if any of that list make it as additional FREE content.

The DLC plan is absolutely concrete. We know what the 3 seasons we’ve bought with the season pass will be and I’m fairly certain somewhere there was a list of the cars included. Not to mention the extra events coming with each update. Plus there will also be free car add ins alongside the paid ones.

But none of this matters. Because you’ll hate it no matter what they do or whatever they did so it’s totally irrelevant whether your right or agree with it or whatever. I guess this will just be the Dirt forum all over again.

The first of which isn’t even in Gran Turismo at time of writing and that’s been out for heart 3 years has it not. And was in previous versions. Most likely one of that bunch is Milan, Nurburgring is a probability but it won’t be the Nordschleife. Then I reckon we’ll see CotA, Yas Marina and Mont Tremblont. With the addition of any missing city circuits from Autosport like Chicago and Paris.

But as it’s all free I don’t really mind personally.

Dan
If I enjoyed the look and feeling of Driveclub, would you guys say that GRID is a good purchase for me?
In driveclub you can absolutely chuck all the cars into corners (braking of course) and come out fine, grid you have a lot more grip than in driveclub, but you still have to take a proper racing line, ei fully brake before a corner and throttle management throughout

One thing I'm not yet sure about - free DLC tracks.

Have they confirmed that ALL future tracks will be free, or just that future tracks will be forthcoming via free DLC?

The difference being that the latter contains the possibility of a free DLC pack with something like 3 new tracks, then a few months later here comes a paid DLC pack with more tracks.

"We said there'd be free tracks - we just didn't say how many!"

My point being, they aren’t in the new one, so expecting the free content to be of that magnitude, yes, it’s unrealistic. I’ll be very surprised if any of that list make it as additional FREE content.

Considering they announced prior to release that there would be free tracks coming, I really don't see it being unrealistic to expect some of the most popular tracks in racing to be included.

The first of which isn’t even in Gran Turismo at time of writing and that’s been out for heart 3 years has it not.

And people never shut up about the fact it's not in the game yet.

But as it’s all free I don’t really mind personally.

Considering they have been using the fact they will be adding the tracks post-launch for no additional fee as a promotional tool since the day the game was announced, I don't consider them to be free.

Considering they have been using the fact they will be adding the tracks post-launch for no additional fee as a promotional tool since the day the game was announced, I don't consider them to be free.

How so? Perhaps they felt the need to clarify it after some people moaned to high heaven about Dirts DLC.

Back