GRID 2019

How so? Perhaps they felt the need to clarify it after some people moaned to high heaven about Dirts DLC.

If a company uses the fact they'll give you something for "free" as a way to get you to buy their product it's merely included in the cost of whatever you are buying, it's not actually free.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud Codies for adding tracks in the fashion they are, but that doesn't make them free, that just means they are fulfilling a promise to their customers.

I guess this will just be the Dirt forum all over again.

Yes, it will, considering you've more or less silenced those who rightfully criticize Codemasters' ****** DLC practices in both the DiRT sub-forum, and in here.

How so? Perhaps they felt the need to clarify it after some people moaned to high heaven about Dirts DLC.

'Moaned' is an interesting choice of words here. Certainly not a revealing of how you feel about how people have continually pointed out how scummy selling the previous game's content is, no matter which way you try to gussy it up saying it was 'remastered'

Don't get me wrong, I applaud Codies for adding tracks in the fashion they are, but that doesn't make them free, that just means they are fulfilling a promise to their customers.

It's not even fulfilling a promise. The only reason Codies is doing this is because they got burnt the first time around. Evidently they still get the last laugh, because instead of selling rehashed content as paid DLC, they get to 'offer' fans free tracks, but get to cut the content of the base game to the bone to the point where reviewers are pointing out the lack of content.

If a company uses the fact they'll give you something for "free" as a way to get you to buy their product it's merely included in the cost of whatever you are buying, it's not actually free.

While I agree with you in principle, I'm afraid the cynic in me sees this as the Codies rushing yet another unfinished game out of the door for the pure purposes of turning a quick profit.

Trust me if GRID bombs in terms of sales it'll get dropped like a hot potato, and the only track DLC we'll get is that that's currently ready to go.

Yes, it will, considering you've more or less silenced those who rightfully criticize Codemasters' ****** DLC practices in both the DiRT sub-forum, and in here.

'Moaned' is an interesting choice of words here. Certainly not a revealing of how you feel about how people have continually pointed out how scummy selling the previous game's content is, no matter which way you try to gussy it up saying it was 'remastered.

unfortunately the people, like me, who appreciate the games and are happy to pay for the content and season passes get berated by people like you telling us how scummy it is. I shouldn’t have to feel bad about wanting to buy a game and buy additional content because vocal people like you constantly shine on about how disgusting and scummy it is. You’re allowed your opinion and my word you’ve shared it multiple times. We all get it, congratulations you’ve taken the high ground and not bought it. Are you hanging around for a medal or just to keep raging on about a game you don’t intend to buy?

Whats hillarious for people who are raging about this game is that they based their complaints off from prejudice rather than facts. Just because it's from the same dev that delivers DiRT Rally 2.0 doesnt meant that the development model will be exactly the same (free tracks for example).

If you like what you see so far, buy. If you expect good cars and especially tracks DLC, just wait until such DLC is revealed or released, then judge based on that. If you don't like the idea of Arcade racer or feeling that this game doesn't have enough enjoyment or uniqueness value to you, don't buy.

Thats all I can say. I'm tired seeing these types of stereotypical GTP doomposting everywhere.

On the side note I do agree that this game seriously needs more tracks alongside modes like drifting and drag race ala Autosport.

Last edited:
I will defend this game. Because on gameplay side it is really great. I love driving physics, wheel support (using T300RS) and AI. This is one of the most intense racing games i ever played. It's great.

My only complaint is optimization for base consoles. (PS4 and Xbox One S) game works much worse than F1 2019 which is on the same engine and manages to get 60 FPS with more cars on track and dynamic weather. It is still playable 30FPS cap is really solid it doesn't go under it. But still i feel a little bit disappointed how the game works on standard consoles.

And yet again on GT Planet we have people posting completely contrary to how they have posted in the past. The difference? A different name on the game cover. It's hilarious. That's the real cancer of the gaming world, not what the devs are doing.
The game is totaly made for game pass (same as DR2,0). The devs hack off 1/3 of the game and the people who are mad for this are cancer?

Edit: Ito be sure you understand, here is not problem the lack of tracks , but lack of races. after 5 hours I have 3/4 races behind me...

The game is totaly made for game pass (same as DR2,0). The devs hack off 1/3 of the game and the people who are mad for this are cancer?

Edit: Ito be sure you understand, here is not problem the lack of tracks , but lack of races. after 5 hours I have 3/4 races behind me...

Don't worry, Just pay to upgrade to the ultimate edition and you'll get the rest, slowly, over the course of 6 months.

No. The cancer are those who base their opinion on the name on the game cover.

Whats hillarious for people who are raging about this game is that they based their complaints off from prejudice rather than facts. Just because it's from the same dev that delivers DiRT Rally 2.0 doesnt meant that the development model will be exactly the same (free tracks for example).

It's almost like people are looking at how Codemasters has operated as a company since DiRT 4, or even earlier! When you release a game with the fanfare that Codies foisted upon it like D4, and have absolutely no support other then the bare minimum of patches to the game, before abandoning it and announcing a sequel to the more popular sub-series months later, that reflects on you as a company. When you nickel and dime players by making the vast majority of your DLC plan stuff from the previous game, and force players to buy yet another season pass to actually get new content that isn't just rehashed from the previous game, that reflects on you as a company. When you cut and slash a game enough in terms of base game content that reviewers, including the review for this very site, mention how lacking it is, and have already announced four seasons of DLC added to the game after launch, that reflects on you as a company. Doesn't matter how you try to gussy it up saying 'wull it's free tracks guise!', that sort of thing doesn't engender good will towards players, nor to your reputation as a company.

No. The cancer are those who base their opinion on the name on the game cover.

This sort of argument never ceases to make me laugh. If what Codemasters has done with DR2.0 and now GRID 2019 was done by any of the developers and publishers that people like to rag on, people would be having fits much larger then this thread, but apparently because Codemasters operates in the niche world of racing games, it allows people like you, Magpie and Forizon to more or less exonerate it.

If what Codemasters is doing right now with GRID 2019, and with DR2.0 in the past, was done with any other racing game developer barring Polyphony, this forum would be raising hell. Yet apparently since it's Codemasters, and people want to prescribe to the myth that Codies is still the plucky little British racing game developer in an era where such a fraternity is basically dead and buried, people are defending it and tying themselves into knots to try and exonerate it. I'm not doing that anymore, and there's already people in this thread that more or less agree and see through what has been argued about on the other side. But hey, if you want to defend it, fine by me. When GRID 2019 bombs because of the bad word of mouth from DR2.0, Codemasters as a company, and at best mixed Steam reviews like DR2.0, don't say I, or anyone else criticizing Codies in this thread, said otherwise.

This sort of argument never ceases to make me laugh. If what Codemasters has done with DR2.0 and now GRID 2019 was done by any of the developers and publishers that people like to rag on, people would be having fits much larger then this thread, but apparently because Codemasters operates in the niche world of racing games, it allows people like you, Magpie and Forizon to more or less exonerate it.

If what Codemasters is doing right now with GRID 2019, and with DR2.0 in the past, was done with any other racing game developer barring Polyphony, this forum would be raising hell. Yet apparently since it's Codemasters, and people want to prescribe to the myth that Codies is still the plucky little British racing game developer in an era where such a fraternity is basically dead and buried, people are defending it and tying themselves into knots to try and exonerate it. I'm not doing that anymore, and there's already people in this thread that more or less agree and see through what has been argued about on the other side. But hey, if you want to defend it, fine by me. When GRID 2019 bombs because of the bad word of mouth from DR2.0, Codemasters as a company, and at best mixed Steam reviews like DR2.0, don't say I, or anyone else criticizing Codies in this thread, said otherwise.
I didn't make an argument. I made a statement. I haven't commented on what Codemasters have or haven't done. All I've done is pointed out how some members opinions change based on what name is on the game cover. It's interesting that you felt the need to respond to that statement however.

I didn't make an argument. I made a statement. I haven't commented on what Codemasters have or haven't done. All I've done is pointed out how some members opinions change based on what name is on the game cover. It's interesting that you felt the need to respond to that statement however.
He’s wasting his breath mate. Just treat him like any other troll, just report him, block him and ignore him
[EDIT: Meant to say “him” not “home.” Thanks, autocorrect]

It's really frustrating having the game since Tuesday but barely being able to get 2 hours of play time because your weekday schedule prevents you from doing so. :ouch:

But early impressions are very good, just what I would expect from a GRID game, with the presentation stepped up a notch - the weather effects is impressive. I must add Shanghai at night sets off a really amazing vibe at night; the neon lights along with the announcer's voice provide a strong whiff of Ridge Racer. Really looking forward to see more this game has to offer! 👍

I really can't be bothered to respond to those slating Codies in this thread. At the end of the day, CM delivered a product I'm finding enjoyable - nobody's opinion is going to change that.

I played the game for a while and it is a fun game. I had some problems with the default controller sensitivity (fishtailing on fast left right corners, or spinning when touching a chicane.) After changing the steering sensitivity to 100 and linearity to 0 (PS4 with dualshock controller, tcs, abs and stability off) the cars felt much better and i was able to catch slides and drift around the corner with the muscle cars.

I am still struggling a bit with the AI difficulty setting, hard seems to be to easy, but on very hard there are always a couple of cars ahead of the group. I like the chaos of being mid pack at the start but after getting some hits it seems like there is no way i can catch up to the front group.

Another thing that surprised me was that there is a free play mode but you can only use your unlocked cars or one loaner in every class. I expected it to be the same as in dirt 2.0 where you can test every car on every track.

I might just wait a year until all content are released and the deluxe edition bundle comes down in price. It looks too much the same as the last 2 games for me. New cars are great but with Codies physics it doesn't matter really. If you didn't play GRID 2 and GAS then it might be worth getting it now, but I still remember the slog that was GAS' career mode, and this looks to be 90% the same as that (maybe even worse due to the lack of tracks).

GTS did get a lot of flak for thin content at release, but at least the driving and esports side of it are engaging enough to compensate. I dunno, this game just doesn't have anything that "grabs" me at the moment.

https://steamdb.info/app/703860/graphs/

Incredibly poor Steam numbers. Think this might end up flopping week 1.
There’s 3 reasons for this
1. People having their expectations way too high
2. Elitism. Sim Racers don’t seem to want to accept that people want to have fun, not a joyless simulation
3. People like Silver Arrows who think that every video game is a massive cashgrab regardless of how much DLC/Microtransactions are actually in it

There’s 3 reasons for this
1. People having their expectations way too high
2. Elitism. Sim Racers don’t seem to want to accept that people want to have fun, not a joyless simulation
3. People like Silver Arrows who think that every video game is a massive cashgrab regardless of how much DLC/Microtransactions are actually in it

I think leaving out fan favourites like the drift and demolition derby probably impact it too, since announcement to launch the comments are often filled with complains about those missing modes.

If developers and publishers love giving the bare minimum then they should stop charging full price.

Grid 1 you could say came with the bare minimum since it had spa, lemans, nurburgring, istanbul park along with various classes from lmp1 to supercars no doubt made the game fun.

New Grid seems to fail due to some people expecting a sim when Grid was never known for it.

Grid's biggest problem is the content especially tracks. Cars could have been done better with classes like Lmp1, Lmp2, GT1, GT3, Btcc, Dtm, Super Gt and other motorsport classes that would make the game much better.

He’s wasting his breath mate. Just treat him like any other troll, just report him, block him and ignore him
[EDIT: Meant to say “him” not “home.” Thanks, autocorrect]

I don't think anybody is trolling in this thread, it's just that this community has very divided and highly charged opinions, not about GRID per se, but about Codemasters business practices. That's essentially what it boils down to.

Honestly I think if everybody went to a different thread on a different topic then we'd all be best buddies again.

I don't think anybody is trolling in this thread, it's just that this community has very divided and highly charged opinions, not about GRID per se, but about Codemasters business practices. That's essentially what it boils down to.

Honestly I think if everybody went to a different thread on a different topic then we'd all be best buddies again.

Calling out bad business practices is what us Gamers should always do.

Simple as that.

Okay so, two little nitpicks

1. The crew chief in this game is one of the most useless things ive ever seen

2. WHY on earth do the track announcers refer to every single Non Grid World Series race as if it was part of the event? ( Take a shot every time they mention the Grid World Series tbh )

Back