GRID 2019

I agree with most of what @LeGeNd-1 is saying. Driveclub's career mode, even when the AI is one of the worst of this gen (and I can prove it), it's reasonably entertaining. You have challenges in the middle of the race, every part of it has its progression (first normal races, time attack challenges, and finally championships), references to car culture everywhere... It was full of details and there was always something new, something was different in every part.

EVO cared about the career mode. You feel like Codies designed GRID's in one afternoon. Practice mode is a very good example, it's just ridiculous that they didn't thought that through. The game was clearly rushed.

I'm still wating for something like NFS HS (PSX). It wasn't very sophisticated, but damn it worked. You feel like you are part of the championship. It was hard as hell, and one time I was fighting for the last championship in the last race after many tries. I needed to finish 4th, but another AI took 4th from me in the last 50 meters. Almost throw the PC out the window :lol: But then I saw that I won the championship because my rival lost the lead in the final meters too.

Nowadays, with the insane pressure devs have on them, Who is going to dedicate such effort to make a perfectly ballanced career mode?

^Good points there. I forgot about PS1 era NFSes. Porsche Unleashed is another example of an amazing career mode. Even playing the (supposedly) inferior PS1 version, it still was one of the best experiences I ever had. You practically race through 50 years of Porsche history, starting off in 356s, then moving on to 911s and finally the modern era with 996 and Boxster. Each era has its own menu design and period specific music. You have championships, single make races, circuit sanctioned races and can even test drive your car in free roam with cops (and have to pay to repair any damages which were permanent!).

Ridge Racer Type 4 was also memorable in the sense that you really feel part of a championship, with rivalries between teams and backstories of the team bosses developing throughout each event. Even though it's only 8 races and can be completed in under an hour, these stories blow anything offered by recent NFSes. And the final race is run just before midnight 31.12.1999. As you cross the finish line victorious you can see the New Year fireworks lit up the sky. Simply amazing what devs could do with much inferior hardware if they have to squeeze out every last bit of their creativity.

Regarding AI, I also feel that a lot of people confuse good AI with unpredictability. Many people say GRID has good AI, but to me it's just because they are scripted to be very aggressive and occasionally wipeout. If you race 1v1, even on hardest difficulty the AI is still pretty slow. On the other end of the spectrum some games have supernaturally fast AI, but they are rubbish at side by side racecraft. Very rarely can AI combine speed and racecraft, and personally I don't think they ever will because the computations required are probably beyond consumer grade gaming consoles. As long as the rest of the career mode and features are compelling, you don't need the perfect AI. Racing online against real people (who are fast & clean) is still a much more superior experience IMO.

Anyway, enough with my droning. If this subforum isn't so deserted we would be having actual topics to talk about :lol:

There was Brabham now Ford GT

I wonder what those Ialy/GB/Italy/GB on twitter flags meant then... Not cars apparently.

83673525_2687536591328035_7965906625921810432_n.jpg

EDIT: Oh... And full view for Season 2 update will be on friday.

There was Brabham now Ford GT

I wonder what those Ialy/GB/Italy/GB on twitter flags meant then... Not cars apparently.

83673525_2687536591328035_7965906625921810432_n.jpg

EDIT: Oh... And full view for Season 2 update will be on friday.

If that is "new" tracks my guess is: Spa-Francorchamps, Donington Park and Red Bull Ring.
Although it can also be a date.

There is one American flag (which represents the GT), so perhaps they could still hint towards content included in Season 2.

There is one American flag (which represents the GT), so perhaps they could still hint towards content included in Season 2.

Yeah... Still. They put it in strange order. There will be 4 cars. So everybody thought the first 4 flags are cars and rest are tracks or something else.

For now we have

Brabham BT62 - British
Ford GT - USA

I guess we will get one Ferrari (488 Pista fits by performance in my opinion)
And maybe McLaren? Or Pagani? I am not sure now which flag refers to what. But it looks like it can be more than 4 cars and 1 track...

EDIT: There is photo on twitter of Volvo on track with "season 2 content spoiler" i guess this is Doninghton Park. Another italy flag could mean Milan from older Grid games... Unfortunately it looks like we will be getting Reused content from older GRID Games.
Austrian Flag could mean either KTM car or RedBull Ring... To be honest i hope it will be new track.
EPNp6zLWkAII94r.jpg:large

Last edited:
Yeah... Still. They put it in strange order. There will be 4 cars. So everybody thought the first 4 flags are cars and rest are tracks or something else.

For now we have

Brabham BT62 - British
Ford GT - USA

I guess we will get one Ferrari (488 Pista fits by performance in my opinion)
And maybe McLaren? Or Pagani? I am not sure now which flag refers to what. But it looks like it can be more than 4 cars and 1 track...

EDIT: There is photo on twitter of Volvo on track with "season 2 content spoiler" i guess this is Doninghton Park. Another italy flag could mean Milan from older Grid games... Unfortunately it looks like we will be getting Reused content from older GRID Games.
Austrian Flag could mean either KTM car or RedBull Ring... To be honest i hope it will be new track.
EPNp6zLWkAII94r.jpg:large

This might be a bit of a stretch, but there is also the likelihood that the first four flags represent cars which are part of the paid DLC, while the other two flags could be cars which are free for all players (perhaps tied into special events).

I'm strongly inclined to think the Austrian flag is the new track (Red Bull Ring).

So part of my theory is correct - That looks like the main straight of the Red Bull Ring:

Yes it is definitely it. I hope we will get 3 new tracks.

Red Bull Ring
Donington Park
Milan

it would be great.

So second British flag is Aston Martin Vulcan.

My lucky shot will be reused Pagani Zonda R Evolution as one of Italy cars ;)

Sad, because that means only one new track.
On the other hand I think Ford GT and it's italy rival will be free additions?

84401098_2691297950951899_2271031706574127104_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't make sense to include the Ford GT, but maybe they are starting to add street cars.

Could be the trackday Ford GT they released very recently, but the paint job doesn't match and neither the body; you should be able to see the wing from that angle.

Can anyone figure what track it is?

Is it other shot of Redbull ring or maybe we will get 2 new tracks?

Looks like Imola a little bit to be honest, but it would be too beautiful to be true.

83610252_2693400927408268_2796249092399824896_n.jpg

Looks like Imola a little bit to be honest, but it would be too beautiful to be true.

I think that's just after the exit of T1 at RBR

Could be the backstraight of the Red Bull ring leading up to turn 9?

Turn 1 and the first straight has no Shadows of trees. It is all open.

Turn9 is in a forrest section but that straight has no slight bend.

Could be after Turn 1 as well.

We will see today I guess.

Last edited:
Okay Codies, you certainly delivered with Season 2.

Trackday Supercars:
Aston Martin Vulcan Pro
Brabham BT62
Ferrari FXX
Pagani Zonda Revolucion (available for all players in free play)

Free cars for all:
Ferrari 599XX Evo
Ford GT Heritage Edition

New Track:
Red Bull Ring

Last edited:
that is a pretty good pack of cars, Ford GT looks a bit odd surrounded by these track only super cars.

That's true. Also, I thought some of the "supercars" in this pack are powerful enough to be considered hypercars. This makes me wonder how much more potent the cars in Season 3 are going to be! :crazy:

That's true. Also, I thought some of the "supercars" in this pack are powerful enough to be considered hypercars. This makes me wonder how much more potent the cars in Season 3 are going to be! :crazy:

I guess Season 3 will be Ferrari FXXK (Evo or normal ver) and McLaren P1 GTR/Senna GTR... But I can't think of other 2 cars for this class. Maybe Koenigsegg Agera R as a rehash from Autosport (same as Pagani)

I love this pack, but yet again. Only one new track... I would prefer less cars and more tracks :( Now i guess we will have only 15 tracks total after Season 3... I hope they are planning to add more than that.

One more thing. Am I the only one who noticed that Codies messed up together both Ford Sierra's?

This one should be Classic TC class not Super Tourer Heritage (it is even written on race number)
812.jpg

And this one should be SuperTourer
636.jpg

lol

Nonetheless, it's a good pack of vehicles, but with just one track (and a rehash at that) when the game needs so much more makes it feel hollow. Doesn't get to the heart of the issue though, and that is the way that the game is designed in it's career mode isn't good enough, alongside everything else that Codies has tied to this game with in terms of ancillary things. Feels like it isn't enough.

Latest Posts

Back