GRID 2019

Just started playing this and I'm so glad I only spent £21 on this for the ultimate edition. The racing can be fun at times but every single other aspect of this game lacks effort.

Terrible career mode which just consists of unlocking the next race in the category. The team mate and nemesis features are a good idea but are implemented so poorly they're absolutely pointless.

Poor track and car selection lacking in not only quantity but quality as well. The game, like many others, falls into the 'let's cram in as many racing disciplines as we can' trap and as usual suffers for it especially as the small number of cars are diluted into 21 different racing categories.

I won't nit pick everything as I'd be here all day but it's a shame as I had high hopes for this game and even enjoyed the demo a while ago (probably because it was touring cars at Brands Hatch) but as a whole its a pretty poor effort from Codemasters, you would think it was their first attempt at a racing game as well.

Just finished career mode and both seasons and 3 things that got repetitive.

1 - Same tracks over and over again :crazy::lol:

2 - Winning fireworks celebration thing :banghead: i was looking for the option to turn it off.

3 - Rain tracks almost every event had at least 1 or 2 races in a rain track and personally i hated racing in the rain.

Hopefully season 3 brings a good track and good hyper track cars.

Well I'm barely a quarter into career mode (haven't even touched the DLC races yet) and I'm already getting bored. Every race feels like a mindless chore, no build up, no reason to do it and no rewards except for stupid badges/banners which I don't even use. The AI difficulty is either too slow or suicidal, and the physics is just frustratingly inconsistent. I used to qualify but lately I just start from the back so I can build up XP quicker and unlock the top drivers to help boost my money. It's astounding how this game comes from the same developer that made Race Driver GRID's career mode one of the best in the genre.

Also one of the trophies (Around The World) apparently needs you to grind the oval for close to 100 hours on top of completing the career mode. Totally mental and I bet you it's a conscious decision by the dev team to keep people "playing" their game.

Been playing this for a week now on and off and I totally agree with the people who say it's boring.

One thing I did do which has made the game a bit better was stop trying to play it like a sim as the handling and physics were driving me mental, so I put the stability control on to 2 and just started playing it like it was Ridge Racer and it's become far more enjoyable for it.

All in all I really can't get my head around how half-arsed this game feels. Everything from the racing itself and the career mode to the livery editor just feel like it was made by a development studio that didn't want to make a Grid game and put in minimal effort.

^Yes I stopped treating this like a sim (or a simcade even). Currently using ABS 5 and TCS 1 (higher if it rains or using very powerful cars). A lot less frustrating to drive and doesn't seem to make you any slower so why not.

Also I've done a 180 turn with regards to car tuning approach. It seems a full soft setting is better. For some reason they completely made suspension travel nonexistent in the physics and I think that's what causes a lot of grip issues. Kerbs are especially lethal - if you hook your inside tyre on a kerb it's almost guaranteed will cause a spin in an RWD car. With full soft settings it's a bit better, though doesn't eliminate it completely.

Blasted through most races this week while waiting for GTS penalties to get sorted out. Completed 4 showdowns (Touring, Stock, Tuner, FA) and currently level 60 ish. I've unlocked every driver except for Nathan McKane, but I'll stick with my trusty Peyton Wheeler for sentimental reasons :P

Have to agree with the 4 posts above after a month and with no dlc I was bored and went back to crew 2 which I play for fun with full TC/abs etc

@PJTierney So my friend won the FA Logitech G Livery competition and all is well, his livery is in the game, but he hasn't received any of his goodies for the win in nearly 2 months with only a "we will check" response. A lot of my friends are starting to wonder if he'll ever get his prizes, so maybe someone directly correlated to Codies here would help.

If the excuse is corona virus not letting the guys send the prizes, then maybe a digital compensation?? I mean he just wants his damn prizes and not be used again for free art

lmao

So not only has Codemasters taken the mask off over recent time to reveal themselves as an absolutely scummy company that somehow still gets defended for its practices, but they also participate in the most typical grift in the video game industry - stiffing artists for the work they do (out of their own pocket and time) and not compensating them in any regard.

PJ, were you not a digital artist? I'm sure you can probably relate to that scenario, which makes it even more appalling that what is being described hasn't been rectified and needed to be made public in order for things to be salved over.

@PJTierney So my friend won the FA Logitech G Livery competition and all is well, his livery is in the game, but he hasn't received any of his goodies for the win in nearly 2 months with only a "we will check" response. A lot of my friends are starting to wonder if he'll ever get his prizes, so maybe someone directly correlated to Codies here would help.

If the excuse is corona virus not letting the guys send the prizes, then maybe a digital compensation?? I mean he just wants his damn prizes and not be used again for free art

Pinged the contact for that earlier this week, hopefully they follow up soon.

Some more ridiculous things in the game:
- There are objectives for drifting, despite there being no drift mode
- Objectives for airtime & driving on 2 wheels :lol: Last I checked, this is a circuit racing game, not rallycross or stunt driving
- After level 99, you get reset back to level 1 and you're now "Prestige 1". Repeat 5 times to reach max Prestige 5 (after a whopping 500 levels :eek:). Any rewards? Yep, here are some ugly prestige liveries for your troubles :banghead:
- There is a cap to how much XP you can earn in a race (5000XP per category, and there are 3 categories - speed/bravery/technique). If you stick to the racing line, you can pretty much max out the speed category in any 3 lap race, so it's pointless doing races longer than this.

Oh, and finally tried it with a wheel. Amazingly, FFB is even more nonexistent than in Grid Autosport. At least the game seems to set your steering lock depending on what car you drive automatically, so you don't need to guesstimate anymore. Also it's much easier to modulate throttle/brake so driving without aids isn't an exercise in frustration, but without bonus credits for doing so, I don't see the point in making the game any harder than it's designed to be.

I really wish they would just remaster the original Race Driver Grid.

I've just been playing it on the PS3. Great game, but using a wheel doesn't feel very good, and there are issues with the frame rate and screen tearing. A remaster would fix these issues.

Potential Season 3 teaser (rather strange day to announce this, but here we are...)

Clearly the car sounds like it has a (McLaren?) V8 and the track has a lot of greenery, so probably a permanent race circuit as opposed to a street circuit.

I need @Chikane to verify my hunch on the engine sound. ;)

Potential Season 3 teaser (rather strange day to announce this, but here we are...)

Clearly the car sounds like it has a (McLaren?) V8 and the track has a lot of greenery, so probably a permanent race circuit as opposed to a street circuit.

All i can say is that sound makes me happy, :D

I'm putting my money on Suzuka for the track

well... that would be pretty new track for GRID series. I wonder is it going to be last update or is there going to be more.

well... that would be pretty new track for GRID series. I wonder is it going to be last update or is there going to be more.

I wouldn't expect much beyond Season 3. This game has received far less post-launch support than the DiRT and F1 games released earlier in the same year and I strongly doubt it performed anywhere near as well Codies were expecting it to, in terms of player activity and sales.

Hopefully Project CARS Revolution captures the attention of the public like the original Race Driver GRID did.

I wouldn't expect much beyond Season 3. This game has received far less post-launch support than the DiRT and F1 games released earlier in the same year and I strongly doubt it performed anywhere near as well Codies were expecting it to, in terms of player activity and sales.

Hopefully Project CARS Revolution captures the attention of the public like the original Race Driver GRID did.

Hopefully yes. For now I am wainting for ACC.

Codemasters is going to castrate the Project Cars series.

Mark my words I sense some awful things will happen. Remember how EA tried to kill off SMS and steal their technology.

Codemasters has all but thrown its good will into the trash. As Project Cars fans we hope they keep their dirty hands off the series. Their only job is to publish the game nothing more.

Ferrari FXX K Evo says hi.

GRID S3.png

Just bought the GRID Ultimate Edition from psn getting ready for my beloved p1 gtr :embarrassed: question it includes season 3 right?

The description says

Be an Ultimate Edition GRID player to get 6 months of premium content including:
• 99 extra Career events (33 per season), 12 new cars (4 per season) & Seasonal rewards*:

So i'm guessing it includes all 3 seasons? if so not bad for 20 bucks :D

Just bought the GRID Ultimate Edition from psn getting ready for my beloved p1 gtr :embarrassed: question it includes season 3 right?

The description says

So i'm guessing it includes all 3 seasons? if so not bad for 20 bucks :D

Yep, Seasons 1,2 & 3 are accessible in the Ultimate Edition. Be warned though, you need to purchase the DLC cars with in-game cash if you wish to use them in career mode, although you are able to loan one car from each pack in free play.

I lost all my respect for this company. If they weren't gonna give anything, they should have said it, but obviously stiffing artists was their plan. No wonder why the contest landing page vanished without a trace shortly after.

The livery is already in the game, Codemasters is leaving me hanging and I don't have the evidence to back up my words, because they deleted everything but a few tweets. I just want my prizes...am I asking for too much?

What a shame, I never thought I would get scammed by Codemasters.

Last edited:
Codemasters has lost the point.

I don't even know who they are anymore. They release a sub-par game that dares to have the name of a classic, continue to dance around what the game actually needs, and then scams someone out of what they deserve to win.

Can't believe this company could fall so far.

Back