GRID 2019

Is there any news about the physics, tire model and all that stuff that makes a racing game sim-like?

The lack of any kind of official info is telling really. From the gameplay videos they have released so far, it looks just like classic Ego engine. If anything it look worse than Grid Autosport as the cars are practically glued to the road now, but they could well have all the aids set to max.

The lack of any kind of official info is telling really. From the gameplay videos they have released so far, it looks just like classic Ego engine. If anything it look worse than Grid Autosport as the cars are practically glued to the road now, but they could well have all the aids set to max.

From the same interview I posted earlier

We wanted to tune the game so the average casual racer can engage with the game, they can get a podium or get close to podium if they put some effort into it. But the sim player can turn all the excess off, turn the AI up and get as close to the same challenge as they want.

From the same interview I posted earlier

As others have said, it's pretty much marketing speak designed to be as vague as possible, while at the same time not alienating both casuals and simracers. It's not a technical breakdown on the physics engine and what they have improved over previous games. You only need to look to GTP's interview with the F1 2019 designer to see its night & day with how they talk about the physics on that game.

It's gonna be classic Ego simcade. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm betting my 20+ years of racing game experience on this ;)

Well... We have plenty off realistic track racers on market. I think there is no problem with more arcadey one like GRID.

The problem isn't that there isn't enough 'simcade' (God, I hate using this term) racers based around track racing.

The problem is that Codemasters, consistently, has greatly overrated how actually 'sim' the handling model for the vast majority of their EGO engine games when in reality, it's a wholly arcade handling model that dresses itself in the cloak of 'sim'. When you consider that DR2.0, which is supposed to be the hardcore evolutionary end point of that handling model, is just the typical pivoting horse **** that has been present since DiRT in 2007 (!) but made more finnicky in the appearance of 'hardcore", why should anybody believe this mealymouthed PR crap?

This isn't getting into the fact that so much of this game's PR buzz seems to be atoning for the mistakes made with DR2.0 (DLC plan especially, as much as those on the DiRT side of the board don't want you to think that selling rehashed rally locations as 'remastered' and leaving the new location content to be solely represented by RX locations, something that a good chunk of the players of the game don't care for, is bad) and the fact that like GRID Autosport, it's being released at the ass end of the generation and is probably going to go over like a wet fart, and you can see why some on this board have hesitations on buying in.

I have no problem with arcade-style racing games either, but I do not especially enjoy Codemasters' trademark handling. It's like it's stuck in the 1990s, while most other arcade-style games have moved on to tighter steering and more predictable/intuitive handling dynamics, from NFS to Mario Kart, and even small-fry indie games.

I barely remember playing the very first GRID. I think I have the demo for Grid 2 (might be Autosport). I'll probably get suckered into the game due to the variety of cars that aren't in other games (classic Firebird, racing Camaro & Challenger). I enjoyed some NFS:Shift way back in the day. I think EA could get away with throwing a Shift game in there sometime.

Ravenwest Mazda in full view

65844701_2274207472660951_5729579784107720704_o.jpg

65813683_2274207455994286_4510184134357811200_o.jpg

I think this game don't want to be a simracing but more as an sim-arcade racing game, like all the GRID used to be on PS3..

I will buy this game that's for sure but not at his full price.

I think this game don't want to be a simracing but more as an sim-arcade racing game, like all the GRID used to be on PS3..

I will buy this game that's for sure but not at his full price.

That is Codemasters intention, not a single one of the article written said they are aiming for 100% realism.

Also, there are not many arcade racers like this these days.

Having drift mode removed from the series isn't great, but it is hardly a deal breaker. If that means post-launch content prioritises more locations than game modes, then so be it. New tracks can do a lot for a game with 12 tracks at launch.

Having drift mode removed from the series isn't great, but it is hardly a deal breaker. If that means post-launch content prioritises more locations than game modes, then so be it. New tracks can do a lot for a game with 12 tracks at launch.

I agree. I always prefered racing in grid series than drifting.

Back