GRID 2019

the Subaru not having the wide body like the TCR variant is disappointing, looks a little off in the class where every car is running with wide body kits.

I love that they are focusing on AI in this game. I always loved GRID series for great AI, not only being challenging but also very real. They can be pissed-off, they have crashes and make mistakes. Yesterday I dusted off first GRID and AI is still great there. I think this will be the strongest part of new GRID.

Very excited to see the Vantage GTE is in game too:

X8nQY58.jpg

am_amr_vantage_gte.jpg
Wow :cheers:.

Let's hope they include a larger lineup of trans am cars both old and new. It's a shame these newer racers dont have much in the way of trans am, mainly just classics.

I love that they are focusing on AI in this game. I always loved GRID series for great AI, not only being challenging but also very real. They can be pissed-off, they have crashes and make mistakes. Yesterday I dusted off first GRID and AI is still great there. I think this will be the strongest part of new GRID.
This actually reminds me of DiRT 2, which had a similar system: Drive like a twonk and you’ll pay the price, drive cleanly and you shall be rewarded

I loved the Grid franchise, i loved it's brutality. Mostly in the sound & cockpit camera department that separated it from every other racing game at the time. However from the gameplay i've seen of this, nothing get's me excited to play it. These days it doesn't seem much different to the games we have now & other racing franchises do what it does & more. Forza Motorsport 7 has you racing in all the same categories plus many more, vastly more cars, looks better graphically, dynamic weather, greater sound design (mostly) & cockpit view, more unique tracks as opposed to GRID's less locations/more layouts approach etc. I'm not saying GRID will be bad, it might be great but i don't have any desire to buy it when i can just replay Forza 7 or wait until next year for Forza 8. I couldn't count how many driving games i've played since i was a kid, i love them but this just doesn't seem like it's worth buying tbh.

I love how they say "Race for glory".

It doesn't matter since everyone who'll play this game will crash every 2 seconds lol

It looks like they keep the way they do liveries and sponsors from Previous GRID games and DIRT games

After watching the first batch of footage i wanted to wait off with my view until more footage was released.
Now after this second lot of footage has been released it really does seem that the new Grid is imo lacking something.
Something that is absolutely essential for a racing game and especially an arcade racer.
In the following clip at about the 1 min mark, take a look -

What is missing?

The car is doing over 230 kph with 2 in front but where on earth is the sense of speed?

Yes i know it's the chase view but it's similar from the hood view from the clips i've seen.

60kph or 230kph it just looks the same to me.

Now compare the footage that has been shown to some Driveclub chase view footage or compare the new Grid hood view to Driveclub hood view.

Wow, what a difference. Driveclub totally nailed the thrill, excitement and sense of speed and graphics perfectly, the new Grid just looks like a Sunday drive racer and boring in comparison.

After watching the first batch of footage i wanted to wait off with my view until more footage was released.
Now after this second lot of footage has been released it really does seem that the new Grid is imo lacking something.
Something that is absolutely essential for a racing game and especially an arcade racer.
In the following clip at about the 1 min mark, take a look -

What is missing?

The car is doing over 230 kph with 2 in front but where on earth is the sense of speed?

Yes i know it's the chase view but it's similar from the hood view from the clips i've seen.

60kph or 230kph it just looks the same to me.

Now compare the footage that has been shown to some Driveclub chase view footage or compare the new Grid hood view to Driveclub hood view.

Wow, what a difference. Driveclub totally nailed the thrill, excitement and sense of speed and graphics perfectly, the new Grid just looks like a Sunday drive racer and boring in comparison.

Probably has something to do with shaky cams. From what I've seen so far, the camera looks rather static on GRID, while Driveclub one is more lively. Hopefully we'll be able to tweak that - static chase cam is bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Also, Driveclub did 30fps with ton of motion blur, but GRID looks like it's going for 60fps without any motion blur. That could be a factor too. Again, hopefully we'll be able to change it on settings.

Looks good, I have been replaying Grid2 & Grid Autosport. I am glad a full cockpit view is included this time and not blurred out. I enjoyed them and will more than likely pick this up. The crowds are still there (missing in a lot of games) and the atmosphere looks good. I hope we can tweak the handling again as that is the only thing I couldn't get on with (controller) but found a way by adjusting sensitivity. Looking forward to this very much, the improved lighting and graphics look great. I will probably get this on PC as I am really liking tweaking the video settings to get it how I like which you can't do on console.

The idea of the AI reminds me of NFS High Stakes (PSX version):
-Different personalities: there were six drivers. Normally, two would compete with you for the championships: Nemesis (yes, like the feature of this Grid) and Bullit. Nemesis was very fast but respectful. Bullit was also very fast but ruthless. Nemesis would stay behind, waiting you to get nervous (in a game with low fps and poor playability accuracy, that happened all the time) and then make the pass. Bullit would throw the car from a mile, crashing you if possible.
-Nemesis feature: if you hit constantly some driver, it would react according to its personality. You specially didn't want to mess with Bullit.
It's amazing that something that looks innovative today, was made 20 years ago. Also shows how underrated is NFS 4 (haven't played it, but they say 4 is just an evolution of 3).

If they release something remotely similar to that, would be noice. Nobody is focusing on AI because E-Sports fever (although many devs are getting better on it). It's nice some dev it's actually making AI the center of the game. Online racing is and always will be superior by itself (
wont matter if we create human-like AI because it will rebel and conquer the world like we all have seen on Terminator 3 so videogames probably wont be something to care about
) but offline racing can fill holes online racing cant. Like, for example, a career mode. Or the possibility to compete instantly on championships (or quick races) with reasonable clean "drivers".

They where somewhat confirmed in first reveal on list of race classes. There was class Tier 2 Touring Cars which was V8 Supercars in Grid Autosport. But great to see it actually confirmed.

I know it was pretty much confirmed when they list the car classes in the fact sheet but when IGN mention they saw the FGX Ford Falcon it got me excited and I wanted to see shots of the updated cars.

Glad that I found a shot to confirm it is the newer Ford Falcon, hope the Holden Commodore gets updated and maybe include the Nissan Altima too.

This just makes me sad that we'll never get a Driveclub 2.

well... It won't have road cars on the other hand. 70 cars purely focused on race cars. They have to include most important ones.

Yea & at least 10-15 of those will be variations of the same couple cars, like Nascar. Different manufacturers but virtually identical. Forza does it but at least you get 700 cars not 70.

Yea & at least 10-15 of those will be variations of the same couple cars, like Nascar. Different manufacturers but virtually identical. Forza does it but at least you get 700 cars not 70.

I don’t think any of the previous Grid has different liveries count as a separate car but I do expect a huge chunk of the content are recycled from previous titles.

Great video. The improved lighting and textures look very similar to F1 2019 I just played. I hope they have replays and photo mode, has anyone heard or seen anything about the flashbacks/photo mode? (I know it is not high priority to most on here :sly:)

Great video. The improved lighting and textures look very similar to F1 2019 I just played. I hope they have replays and photo mode, has anyone heard or seen anything about the flashbacks/photo mode? (I know it is not high priority to most on here :sly:)

Flashbacks are confirmed (look at the bottom left of the gameplay HUD), nothing has been said about photomode yet.

This just makes me sad that we'll never get a Driveclub 2.

832 cars after DLC and spotlights ;)

No lemans or LMP thats what made Grid 1 special along along with the Nissan R390 GT1 and the Mazda 787B.

I wish this new Grid also included DPI because I think they would do a better job than Forza which has been sitting on the licence.

Back