GRID 2019

Is it the FK2 Civic TCR or the FK8?

Should be FK8, livery match with the actual car:

f8tjohj.png

2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-TCR-5-e1520494673445-630x382.jpg

I feel Cm know how to make fun immersive games. If it's fun to play and keeps the replayability high, sim-arcade becomes a non-issue for me. I'd rather Gran Turismo have these same cars. That way I have multiple games with the exact same cars at different tracks. I loved playing ToCa 1&2 with the Super tourers and also playing GT2 with the Super Tourer Racing Modifications. So, now, instead of swapping discs and waiting for load times, I can just switch over digital copies.

I prefer what Codemasters is doing with Grid, we do have quite a few track focused racing sim and semi-sim but without any arcade-ish ones.

In general the whole racing genre has barely any arcade racers like this.

If code masters turned this into a sim they would have the next gran turismo.

Wonder why they don't go for it.

@T0MMY3688 Has pretty much nailed the reason, there is literally no other game doing the same thing as GRID right now. You have at least 5 closed-environment sim racing games to choose from released over the past three years already.

The closest thing we have seen to GRID this generation is Driveclub, and that primarily focused on road cars and fictional tracks.

Stupid question since this hasn't been released yet but do we think this going to be like Project Cars in terms of drivability or Need for Speed?

Neither of both. It is most likely going to be a simcade, so handling similar to Grid Autosport/Driveclub.

Hmm never tried those, currently playing a lot of GTsport, not sure if I want to spend the £50-75 for this if its too arcade like

Keep grid for the gridders but codemasters have the tools to take on gran turismo and forza.

No they don't. Turn 10 is the biggest racing developer on the planet. Polyphony is the second but their developing time is 3-4 years or even more.

Not to mention that Grid is a different type of game regarding gameplay (the core of a game).

Keep grid for the gridders but codemasters have the tools to take on gran turismo and forza.

I don't think so, GT and Forza seem to care more about huge car list and the car collection while Grid felt more like a arcade-ish version of Project CARS or Assetto Corsa.

In Project CARS and Assetto Corsa, they are made to replicate the mood and feel of a racing event. Where Grid did it in a way more bombastic style where the drama of a real life 24 hours races being squeeze into a 3 lap race.

Wait for classic Touring too.
Volvo 850/S40, Nissan Permela, Ford Mondeo, Renault Laguna, BMW 320I, Audi A4, Vauxhall Astra, Honda Accord Type R

I don't think so, GT and Forza seem to care more about huge car list and the car collection while Grid felt more like a arcade-ish version of Project CARS or Assetto Corsa.

In Project CARS and Assetto Corsa, they are made to replicate the mood and feel of a racing event. Where Grid did it in a way more bombastic style where the drama of a real life 24 hours races being squeeze into a 3 lap race.

That's exactly why I like Grid. It can occupy a separate space from GT/Forza and PC/AC and still be very good. Sure I wish PC2 had better/more dynamic AI that didn't basically cheat the physics, but if I can get that in a more arcadey racing game, that's fine.

Wait for classic Touring too.
Volvo 850/S40, Nissan Permela, Ford Mondeo, Renault Laguna, BMW 320I, Audi A4, Vauxhall Astra, Honda Accord Type R

I would love some classic BTCC vehicles. Will definitely purchase it when its around £10 if thats the case.

Back