GRID 2019

I found out that V8 Supercars in Grid Autosport were called "Super Tourers" i think they are confirmed in new GRID :)

I remember V8 supercars were going to be featured in Grid 1 as dlc but most likely got cut.

Man Grid 1 had a very short amount of support what a shame. Only 1 dlc thats it.

Ps3 got an exclusive dlc which had 2 Ferraris and the Mazda Furai. The thing is xbox 360 players missed out while PC players were able to unlock the cars through data mining.

Last edited:
Exactly, arcade racing games are sparse enough as it is this generation and it is really disappointing to see constant criticism from those who have not played the game yet.

This feels like the same arguments people used to guilt trip people into buying Danger Zone when it was obvious that game was a 10 dollar indie title masquerading as a 40 dollar one. I call things like I see them, and as it stands, after the back to back **** shows that were DiRT 4 and Rally 2.0, I frankly am not interested in giving Codies my money, and would like it if people realized that Codemasters, as they currently stand, are probably just as bad, if not worse, then EA.

If what it means for people to realize this is the Codies of today mangling the reboot of a series that is somewhat loved, then so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember V8 supercars were going to be featured in Grid 1 as dlc but most likely got cut.

Man Grid 1 had a very short amount of support what a shame. Only 1 dlc thats it.

Ps3 got an exclusive dlc with which had 2 Ferraris and the Mazda Furai. The thing is xbox 360 players missed out while PC players were able to unlock the cars through data mining.

And I hated that those DLC cars weren't availble in Career mode... :( I had analyzed this car list, and it looks like this 70 cars count sholudn't be too bad although they get rid of many classes like drift. Many cars can be in different categories (Muscle and Tuners?). GT4 from Dirt 2.0 i think are confirmed special edition vantage gt4 is in preorder bonus and we have GT Group 1 and 2. It can be good enough.

Because it was released in 2009,back when most developers didn't realize the true potential of DLC monetizing and items like Horse Armor is memetic instead of being much sneakier and much more common like nowadays.

I played TOCA and Colin McRae Rally. They were good games, much better then anything out there at that time. I'd like to see that Codemasters again, but considering they seem more focused on using low-blow tricks in order to continue their survival, then frankly, I'm not interested in supporting or dealing with them anymore. After DiRT Rally 2.0, I'm done buying into the grift
So are you complaining about the scummy monetization scheme, which I would agreed on, or because the latest game didn't fullfill your nostalgia glasses?

For the record I enjoy playing and watching Codey latest games (except for F1 games and GRID 2. I do own the first Dirt Rally) and should've interested in the 2.0, but only for the gameplay. The monetization scheme is what I would reconsider from buying Dirt Rally 2.0 especially since the base game isn't exactly cheap to begin with.

I found out that V8 Supercars in Grid Autosport were called "Super Tourers" i think they are confirmed in new GRID :)

The latest IGN article mention Chaz’s v8 Falcon is seen in the demo they were shown, I do hope we get the new Holden and the Nissan V8 too.

In terms of vehicles, Grid is promising an eclectic array of classic and modern touring cars (I spotted Chaz Mostert’s 2018 Supercheap Auto Falcon during the demo), stock cars (including muscle cars, pro trucks, and oval racers), tuners (including World Time Attack), GT cars, Group 7 cars, and prototypes, amongst others.

Link: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/23/how-codemasters-new-grid-is-going-back-to-its-roots

So are you complaining about the sneaky monetization scheme, which I would agreed on, or because the latest game didn't fullfill your nostalgia glasses?

I'm complaining about the monetization and the fact that the game had borked FFB for three months after release, alongside many other factors. I want a good rally game, and for the most part, DR2.0 is that game. The problem is that once you start adding modern Codemasters into the mix, and all their shady tactics, it almost immediately lessens the experience and reflects poorly on the game as a result. I haven't touched DR2.0 in a long while as a result, and I played DR for months after release.

This feels like the same arguments people used to guilt trip people into buying Danger Zone when it was obvious that game was a 10 dollar indie title masquerading as a 40 dollar one. I call things like I see them, and as it stands, after the back to back **** shows that were DiRT 4 and Rally 2.0, I frankly am not interested in giving Codies my money, and would like it if people realized that Codemasters, as they currently stand, are probably just as bad, if not worse, then EA.

Stating an opinion like it is a fact? Come on, you're better than that.

I've played both DiRT games you've mention and definitely felt as though I've got my money's worth from those games. If you felt cheated, I'm sorry you feel that way - I don't share the same sentiment that Codemasters is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

If what it means for people to realize this is the Codies of today mangling the reboot of a series that is somewhat loved, then so be it.

Pardon me if I'm wrong but wasn't danger zone like £15? And Danger Zone 2 was as well and then the bundle is like £21 for both games...

Also if your not interested in giving Codies money that's fine but stop berating other people for being excited about it.

And I hated that those DLC cars weren't availble in Career mode... :( I had analyzed this car list, and it looks like this 70 cars count sholudn't be too bad although they get rid of many classes like drift. Many cars can be in different categories (Muscle and Tuners?). GT4 from Dirt 2.0 i think are confirmed special edition vantage gt4 is in preorder bonus and we have GT Group 1 and 2. It can be good enough.

I can live with 70 cars or so but man the tracks are pretty pathetic especially since its Grid going back to Part 1.

No lemans, no spa, no istanbul park, no jarama, no nurburgring, no bathurst and long beach. Bringing in these tracks would have made fans of the first game happy.

Not just the tracks but having 12 is not going to give the game a lot of replay value thats for sure.

I can live with 70 cars or so but man the tracks are pretty pathetic especially since its Grid going back to Part 1.

No lemans, no spa, no istanbul park, no jarama, no nurburgring, no bathurst and long beach. Bringing in these tracks would have made fans of the first game happy.

There are a couple more missing...

-Circuito del Jarama
-Nürburgring GP-Streckenlayout
-Donington Park
-Istanbul Park
-Milan
-Le Mans
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Otukama Grand Circuit
-Yokohama Docks
-Shibuya
-Mount Haruna
-San Francisco
-Washington DC
-Detroit
-Long Beach

There are a couple more missing...

-Circuito del Jarama
-Nürburgring GP-Streckenlayout
-Donington Park
-Istanbul Park
-Milan
-Le Mans
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Otukama Grand Circuit
-Yokohama Docks
-Shibuya
-Mount Haruna
-San Francisco
-Washington DC
-Detroit
-Long Beach

Those too I enjoyed racing at Milan and Mount Haruna.

I hope Grid 2019 has better physics than Grid 2008(Original) and have physics as good as Dirt Rally 2.
I could see it being better than 2008 but as good as DR2.0? Very highly unlikely.

EDIT: Not saying that it's a bad thing, mind you. GRID has never been a super realistic series like Asseto Corsa. Doesn't meant that it'll suck because of that.

Last edited:
I hope that this time they redesign the real tracks accurate to real life, and not with some extreme measures.
Brands Hatch among others being this wide is so ridiculous.

Brands Hatch looks extremely bad there.
Aside from the track being extra wide, the first turn lacks the elevation from real life.

Paul Coleman leaving Codies is news to me. That explains their downturn since GAS/Dirt Rally. Even F1 2019 is going to feature microtransactions now. What. The. Heck. :boggled: The worst part is they squandered all that talent from Evo Studios which led to Rushy bailing to SMS. It's scary how this all reminds me of EA...

Physics doesn't look good from the gameplay vids on previous pages. I really hope that's on full noob all assists mode. Old muscle cars shouldn't be that sticky and stable. The Porsche is grippy but the way it goes round corners still reeks of the central pole physics we all know and hate so much from the Ego engine. Seems like they are going the arcade route, but instead of full oversteer (ala Grid 2), this time they're going full grip. I'm not asking for rFactor or Assetto physics, but an arcade Grid game isn't gonna work.

Good thing Automobilista 2 has just been announced. I'll be spending my money on that instead and picking this when it's 90% off on Steam in a year's time 👍

Paul Coleman leaving Codies is news to me. That explains their downturn since GAS/Dirt Rally. Even F1 2019 is going to feature microtransactions now. What. The. Heck. :boggled: The worst part is they squandered all that talent from Evo Studios which led to Rushy bailing to SMS. It's scary how this all reminds me of EA...

Physics doesn't look good from the gameplay vids on previous pages. I really hope that's on full noob all assists mode. Old muscle cars shouldn't be that sticky and stable. The Porsche is grippy but the way it goes round corners still reeks of the central pole physics we all know and hate so much from the Ego engine. Seems like they are going the arcade route, but instead of full oversteer (ala Grid 2), this time they're going full grip. I'm not asking for rFactor or Assetto physics, but an arcade Grid game isn't gonna work.

Good thing Automobilista 2 has just been announced. I'll be spending my money on that instead and picking this when it's 90% off on Steam in a year's time 👍

Grid has always been an Arcade game. Not everyone liked the grid 2 constantly sideways handling, so they’re trying to make it more like Autosport. Definitely looks too grippy, but it’s not due until Mid-September, so give them time
Plus, I understand that Microtransactions are a shady practice, but I don’t mind if it’s just cosmetic items that i’m probably never going to use anyway. If it was car upgrades, that would be a problem

Grid has always been an Arcade game. Not everyone liked the grid 2 constantly sideways handling, so they’re trying to make it more like Autosport. Definitely looks too grippy, but it’s not due until Mid-September, so give them time
Plus, I understand that Microtransactions are a shady practice, but I don’t mind if it’s just cosmetic items that i’m probably never going to use anyway. If it was car upgrades, that would be a problem

RDG and GAS are both perfect examples of simcade. They definitely need a lot more finesse than typical arcade racers like Burnout or NFS. Grid 2 is arcade because to be fast you need to drift, no matter if it's a 4WD hot hatch or a grippy racing car. This new game from the early videos the car behaviour looks a lot simpler than RDG/GAS, hence my fear of it being more arcade. As you said it's early days, but I've been playing almost every racer for 20 years, and eyeballing gameplay videos usually ends up pretty close to the real thing from experience.

MT is just terrible period. Nobody in their right mind should be defending it unless it's for F2P mobile games. Making it visual only isn't an excuse when the career/online mode hinges on creating your own team and leagues. I bet you they still have the primitive preset livery selection in RDG/G2/GAS instead of a full blown livery editor, and there are special patterns/brands that you can only get if you pay $$$. It's just dumb.

Racing games are a niche product and the core fans are the people they should be trying to please. Nickel and diming these people are not going to be good for Codies in the long run. It's a short term gain, long term loss. They almost destroyed themselves late in the PS3 era with similar tactics, so I can't believe they're stupid enough to do this again a few years later.

RDG and GAS are both perfect examples of simcade. They definitely need a lot more finesse than typical arcade racers like Burnout or NFS. Grid 2 is arcade because to be fast you need to drift, no matter if it's a 4WD hot hatch or a grippy racing car. This new game from the early videos the car behaviour looks a lot simpler than RDG/GAS, hence my fear of it being more arcade. As you said it's early days, but I've been playing almost every racer for 20 years, and eyeballing gameplay videos usually ends up pretty close to the real thing from experience.

MT is just terrible period. Nobody in their right mind should be defending it unless it's for F2P mobile games. Making it visual only isn't an excuse when the career/online mode hinges on creating your own team and leagues. I bet you they still have the primitive preset livery selection in RDG/G2/GAS instead of a full blown livery editor, and there are special patterns/brands that you can only get if you pay $$$. It's just dumb.

Racing games are a niche product and the core fans are the people they should be trying to please. Nickel and diming these people are not going to be good for Codies in the long run. It's a short term gain, long term loss. They almost destroyed themselves late in the PS3 era with similar tactics, so I can't believe they're stupid enough to do this again a few years later.
I’m not defending MT in full
There’s a difference between cosmetic Microtransactions (which aren’t mandatory and do not affect gameplay other than being mildly annoying) and full Fortnite BS (where everything is a Microtransaction)
Read my post next time before you call me out and criticise me thanks

I’m not defending MT in full
There’s a difference between cosmetic Microtransactions (which aren’t mandatory and do not affect gameplay other than being mildly annoying) and full Fortnite BS (where everything is a Microtransaction)
Read my post next time before you call me out and criticise me thanks

I did read your post. I still believe MT in any form in a fully priced AAA game is stupid, and I'm willing to bet there's plenty of people who think the same. You're entitled to your opinion of course, so feel free to disagree 👍

I did read your post. I still believe MT in any form in a fully priced AAA game is stupid, and I'm willing to bet there's plenty of people who think the same. You're entitled to your opinion of course, so feel free to disagree 👍

It is. But it is difference between:
cosmetic MT - acceptable but stupid, if game is really good I would still buy it just ignore MT
power MT - unacceptable, won't buy this game even if it is really good.

cosmetic MT - acceptable but stupid, if game is really good I would still buy it just ignore MT

Well for me, if a game has any form of MT/season pass I'll just wait until it becomes cheap enough that the cost of the game + all DLCs is roughly equal to a new game by itself. You get all content at a reasonable price, as it should be in the first place. I find with games nowadays, it needs about 1 year post launch for all glitches and bugs to be patched out anyway. The only drawback is online population might have dwindled if it's not a popular game but I don't play online much so it doesn't matter to me ;)

Exactly what I said: Vanity MT is annoying and stupid, but at least it doesn’t affect gameplay
Buffs: NANI?!

One of the worst things about this game is it comes out the same day as Borderlands 3. I hope Codemasters aren't expecting awesome sales with that date.

Usually I'm against preorders but had -20% code for gamivo website and got a steam code preorder for 31€ compared to the 51€ price tag on steam itself. :dopey: Waiting for september now like:
73231108.jpg

Back