GRID 2019

For ****'s sake, the track is still ridiculous wide!

Is it though? The real track is wide enough to get 4 cars abreast, with a little wiggle room. Seems legit.

Paddockhillbendtop.jpg

Feels reasonably well recreated compared to laser scanned versions. Some sections are maybe a bit wider, but not too bad.

Maybe the physics play a roll on the perception of the width of the track.

I really don't think the track width is that big of an issue, especially considering the photo posted by @warp9engage. And can we remind ourselves GRID has never claimed to be a sim racer? The tracks don't have to be 1:1 with reality. In fact, I'd argue exact renditions of real-life environments would be a misfit for GRID as more sensitive steering means you are likely to end up on the grass when trying to overtake opponents or avoid a crash.

I mean yes, I can understand that they would have to make the tracks a bit wider to make up for their handling model. I would have thought that they would carry over their great track design from their F1 games to this game.

At least, we don't have this abomination anymore.

Still don’t understand why we have FINAL LAP! flash up on screen like some sort of Daytona USA Ripoff. I get it’s an arcade game but it’s still hilariously cringey.
I actually quite like the scoring system. A proper track Racing Game that actually rewards you for skilful driving hasn’t been seen since Need For Speed: Shift (You gained bonus XP for driving well)

And there is what I told. Camaro SSX is Stock Car not GT. We will probably see Camaro GT4 from Dirt 2.0 as GT Car :)

Upcoming tracks after release will be free. :bowdown:

We recently sat down for an interview with Christopher Smith, the game’s director, and among the many questions we ended up asking him about the upcoming racer was whether or not there would be any microtransactions. His answer was surprisingly emphatic, with Smith declaring that he “hates” microtransactions. Following that, he went on to describe an interesting and what’s sure to be a very popular monetization model with fans, wher those who don’t want to purchase the game’s DLC but don’t want to get locked out of multiplayer as a result can “rent” said DLC- with money earned through the game itself.

“No, I hate microtransactions,” said Smith, when asked if there’s going to be any microtransactions in the upcoming racer. “Here’s one thing I can say, we’re also not going to be charging for tracks. Any new track that comes out everyone gets. The great reason why you want to buy the DLC: There’s new cars and new careers. New career has new rewards, new unlocks. So there’s a lot of cool stuff to get and play. But if you and me are playing, and we’re friends, and you don’t have the DLC, you can go into any new race modes, and any new classes.”

https://gamingbolt.com/grid-director-i-hate-microtransactions

Upcoming tracks after release will be free.

I'm sure the negative buzz that came out of reselling previous locations from DiRT Rally 'remastered' in DR2.0 and making the only truly new content as RX locations factored into this decision but it still isn't really enough to take off the stench that comes from both Codies and this game.

Oh boy, can't wait for bugs, the bare minimum of DLC added (including previous content from GRID Autosport) and no support after three months before announcing another title a few years later.

How anybody can trust Codemasters after DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0 is beyond me.

If it’s on sale I’m getting it in November

Upcoming tracks after release will be free. :bowdown:

We recently sat down for an interview with Christopher Smith, the game’s director, and among the many questions we ended up asking him about the upcoming racer was whether or not there would be any microtransactions. His answer was surprisingly emphatic, with Smith declaring that he “hates” microtransactions. Following that, he went on to describe an interesting and what’s sure to be a very popular monetization model with fans, wher those who don’t want to purchase the game’s DLC but don’t want to get locked out of multiplayer as a result can “rent” said DLC- with money earned through the game itself.

“No, I hate microtransactions,” said Smith, when asked if there’s going to be any microtransactions in the upcoming racer. “Here’s one thing I can say, we’re also not going to be charging for tracks. Any new track that comes out everyone gets. The great reason why you want to buy the DLC: There’s new cars and new careers. New career has new rewards, new unlocks. So there’s a lot of cool stuff to get and play. But if you and me are playing, and we’re friends, and you don’t have the DLC, you can go into any new race modes, and any new classes.”

https://gamingbolt.com/grid-director-i-hate-microtransactions

I will buy grid when its cheaper good to see codies trying to make it up but im still not going to go out and pay full price.

I can forgive codemasters for the car list since they never put 100 plus cars but the track list is abysmal.

I love the idea of being able to “rent” DLC
Just hope Codies doesn’t make in game cash an absolute grindfest just to stop people milking the rental system dry

Welcome to Havana: the bustling yet exotic capital city of Cuba, in the northern Caribbean. Havana’s busy lifestyle and stunning architecture make it a perfect location for a street circuit in GRID. With every corner lined with roaring crowds, imposing buildings, and even the odd crashing wave from the Gulf of Mexico, there’s plenty of atmosphere to go with the on-track action.

Real talk: Havana is a superb circuit for racing across all classes. Whilst its twisty and unforgiving nature lends itself well to Tuner or Touring cars, I tested out Havana recently with the team using a Prototype class car and it was amazing. We’re planning to show you some Havana race footage soon, because we really can’t wait to see what you think of it.

Havana_Dusk_4.jpg

Havana_Dusk_3.jpg

Havana_Dusk_1.jpg

GRID release date has now moved to 11th October for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Buyers of the Ultimate Edition will still receive three days’ early access, being able to play GRID from 8th October.

GRID release date has now moved to 11th October for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Buyers of the Ultimate Edition will still receive three days’ early access, being able to play GRID from 8th October.

On the bright side, it gives me more time to play Wreckfest! ;)

I hope they will add more tracks to it on launch, even remasters of the old ones. Track count is for now biggest flaw this game have...

I hope they will add more tracks to it on launch, even remasters of the old ones. Track count is for now biggest flaw this game have...

As a result of developing the F1 games, Codemasters should already have remastered models of tracks that were in previous GRID games such as Hockenheim, COTA, Spa, Yas Marina and the Red Bull Ring. Simply porting those environments over will increase the total track count by over 40%!

As a result of developing the F1 games, Codemasters should already have remastered models of tracks that were in previous GRID games such as Hockenheim, COTA, Spa, Yas Marina and the Red Bull Ring. Simply porting those environments over will increase the total track count by over 40%!

yeah. This is what they should do. Track count in new grid is my only concern right now. 70 cars is enough to have nice and varied car list, but 12 tracks is horrible. ;(

https://gamingbolt.com/grid-interview-weather-track-online-offerings-and-more

Will there be any micro transactions?

No. I hate microtransactions. Here’s one thing I can say, we’re also not going to be charging for tracks. Any new track that comes out everyone gets. The great reason why you want to buy the DLC: There’s new cars and new careers. New career has new rewards, new unlocks. So there’s a lot of cool stuff to get and play. But if you and me are playing, and we’re friends, and you don’t have the DLC, you can go into any new race modes, and any new classes. If you don’t have the car you have to rent one. The renting essentially reduces the money you get from the race. You always get more money in the race than the cost of rent. So you’ll never be negative. So what that allows you to do is still play. You won’t have a chance to change the livery.

If you want to have a choice of all the cars, and liveries, and rewards, and do the new career for that race mode, you need the DLC. But if you want to play with your friends we’ll never ward you from tracks. To me that’s our way of saying— In addition we’ll be adding new features in race modes to the game. A post release mode that we’re happy to announce today is split screen mode coming after release for everyone. Again, you have to buy the DLC. I have a three-year-old daughter and I want to play side-by-side with her. It’s really big for us that if you buy it we’re going to be supporting you. But microtransactions. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

So the new DLC tracks will be for free to everybody. That is really nice, I started to look forward to this game. DLC will offer only new cars and new career paths.

Also if you don't have DLC and you play with friend with DLC you can rent DLC cars for reduced rewards. That's nice.

Is there any news about the physics, tire model and all that stuff that makes a racing game sim-like?

Back