GRID 2019

Classes:

• Touring Cars (TC-1, Super Tourers, TC-2, Classic Touring)
    • Stock Cars (Muscle, Pro Trucks, Oval Stocks)
    • Tuner Cars (Modified, Super Modified, World Time Attack)
    • GT Cars (Classic GT, GT Group 1, GT Group 2, Historic)
    • Formula J o Prototype
    • Group 7 Specials
Locations:

• China – Zhejiang Circuit, Shanghai Street Track
    • Malaysia – Sepang International Circuit
    • Japan – Okutama Circuit
    • United Kingdom – Brands Hatch Circuit, Silverstone Circuit
    • Spain – Barcelona Street Track
    • United States – San Francisco Street Track, Indianapolis Circuit, Crescent Valley (fictional) Circuit
    • Cuba – Havana Street Track
    • Australia – Sydney Motorsport Park Circuit
Event types:

• Racing – Traditional race mode with grid starts and chequered flag finish.
    • Oval Racing – Rolling start, with set number of laps.
    • Time Trial – Single car on track / circuit against the clock.
    • Time Attack – Multiple cars on track / circuit, staggered start against the clock.
    • Skirmish – Players can test drive their cars, or have fun racing with friends whilst waiting for multiplayer sessions.
    • Hot Lap – Improve your grid position ahead of a race by posting the fastest lap time.
Seasons:

• Season 1 (Hypercar Track Day Pack)
    • Season 2 (Racing Hatch Track Day Pack)
    • Season 3 (GT Track Day Pack)
i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Last edited:

So it's only one pack per season then. Boy, that definitely doesn't seem like a pump and dump scheme. At least DR2.0 drip fed the content.

Uh huh.

So announcing support in a game and pushing out a few patches in the proceeding three months before abandoning the game in DiRT 4, saying that the game would straddle the line between sim and arcade (it didn't, it just muddled those lines more then sticking with one or the other) announcing the next title as if people wouldn't forget about the past, making the DLC content plan entirely rehashed 'remastered' rally locations from the first game, with the only new location based content being rallycross, effectively making an online only sim racer and potentially having the career locked out when the game servers go offline, and having the FFB on wheels borked at launch for three months is 'entirely opinion based'. Oh yeah, unrelated, but did I mention Codemasters buying out Evolution, giving them one chance to make a game, and basically killing them dead?

So did DiRT Rally 2.0 after DiRT 4. I sure as **** won't make that same mistake twice.

also lol the modern Camaro shown off in the screenshots is from DiRT 3 so I can already tell they're reusing content.

I wish I could one word answer this but I cant because you clearly have a chip on your shoulder. Everything is based on your opinion versus other people's opinions. Plenty of people enjoyed Dirt 4 myself included, dirt rally 2 is very good and I'm pleased with content there's been. You sound like you've come fresh from the Codemasters forums trying to force your opinion as fact for everyone regardless of whether they want you to or not.

"Ultimate Edition" contents

Ultimate Edition: 3 DAYS EARLY ACCESS + Main Game + Season 1 (Hypercar Track Day Pack) + Season 2 (Racing Hatch Track Day Pack) + Season 3 (GT Track Day Pack) + Porsche 911 RSR + Grid Edition Aston Martin Vantage GT4 + Grid Edition Pontiac Firebird Modified + Grid Edition Chevrolet Corvette C7.R + Grid Edition Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack + Grid Edition Renault R26 + Player Cards + Player Banners + Unique Liveries + VIP Status.

You sound like you've come fresh from the Codemasters forums trying to force your opinion as fact for everyone regardless of whether they want you to or not.

Because that's what has been shown to me and others with regards to Codemasters past two non-F1 related games? In fact, if what Codemasters is doing, and has done, with the past two DiRT games was done with any other publisher and developer, EA included, people would be having a conniption. And yet...silence. And it allows them to pave over these antics when they invariably try to please the crowds, first with a new DiRT Rally, and now with a new GRID.

EDIT: The irony is - EA pulled off the exact same thing that Codemasters is doing with DR2.0! Considering the Second Assault expansion in BF4 added fan favorite maps and weapons from BF3! In that case though, it was only one part of the post launch plan, and not one half of it. And they made up for it with Legacy Operations later on adding in a new and improved Dragon Valley from BF2 for free.

Last edited:
Given that Fernando Alonso is mentioned in the game, hopefully there will be LMP1 cars. But wait, he drove a Toyota TS050 so there might be a problem given Toyota's licensing crisis in games...
It's production vehicles that seem to have the issues.

Classes:

• Touring Cars (TC-1, Super Tourers, TC-2, Classic Touring)
    • Stock Cars (Muscle, Pro Trucks, Oval Stocks)
    • Tuner Cars (Modified, Super Modified, World Time Attack)
    • GT Cars (Classic GT, GT Group 1, GT Group 2, Historic)
    • Formula J o Prototype
    • Group 7 Specials
Locations:

• China – Zhejiang Circuit, Shanghai Street Track
    • Malaysia – Sepang International Circuit
    • Japan – Okutama Circuit
    • United Kingdom – Brands Hatch Circuit, Silverstone Circuit
    • Spain – Barcelona Street Track
    • United States – San Francisco Street Track, Indianapolis Circuit, Crescent Valley (fictional) Circuit
    • Cuba – Havana Street Track
    • Australia – Sydney Motorsport Park Circuit
Event types:

• Racing – Traditional race mode with grid starts and chequered flag finish.
    • Oval Racing – Rolling start, with set number of laps.
    • Time Trial – Single car on track / circuit against the clock.
    • Time Attack – Multiple cars on track / circuit, staggered start against the clock.
    • Skirmish – Players can test drive their cars, or have fun racing with friends whilst waiting for multiplayer sessions.
    • Hot Lap – Improve your grid position ahead of a race by posting the fastest lap time.
Seasons:

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Got a link for that @Gr4ndy ? Would be nice to add to OP

also lol the modern Camaro shown off in the screenshots is from DiRT 3 so I can already tell they're reusing content.
You realized you're talking about the exact same Camaro GT4, right? The only difference in both is several setups that made it either do rally or circuit racing.

Of all things, you should worry about them selling older contents from older GRID series as paid DLC.

So did DiRT Rally 2.0 after DiRT 4. I sure as **** won't make that same mistake twice.

I feel I've only made the mistake once. So I guess I need another one eh?

When haven't they? I don't care what people say to justify it, I'm still salty about Monte Carlo.

Looks like a regular grid game, with a grand total of two cars in each class and only 10 tracks, despite the fact that they could add so much more to the game. In the last game’s prototype class there was a grand total of one whole car.

The big thing that hits me with every grid game is the lack of content. If you want to do an arcade racer with real life motorsports cues and have people buy it over GT Sport or Forza, you need variety.

Except this base game seems to be a bit on the light side when it comes to content. Also, "every one is doing it so it's fine!"

That's pretty much the MO of Codemasters games really going back to DiRT 3. At least with the DiRT games, Rally in particular, that lack of content can be excused somewhat.

As posted by @MrWaflz55 above you though, it's definitely not excusable when we're talking about a circuit racing game where quantity and quality can co-exist.

Except this base game seems to be a bit on the light side when it comes to content.
Certainly does, but this is confirmed to be 100% of the content available?

"every one is doing it so it's fine!" /s
Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that I didn't say that at all right? :rolleyes: Stop trying to be so edgy and try responding to what actually was said.

Certainly does, but this is confirmed to be 100% of the content available?

Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that I didn't say that at all right? :rolleyes: Stop trying to be so edgy and try responding to what actually was said.
I said "seems". Take your own advice in that aspect. And you certainly implied what it said when you stated something is not far from the norm.

I said "seems".
I was asking if this is confirmed to be all the content. Reiterating that you said "seems" changes nothing about the question.

Take your own advice in that aspect. And you certainly implied what it said when you stated something is not far from the norm.
Take my own advice where? I didn't respond to something that wasn't said. I responded directly to what you actually said. So whatever you're trying to say makes very little sense.

No I didn't even come close to implying that it's ok for games to release lackluster content and ultimate editions for $100, which is what you directly implied I said. What I actually said that it's the norm for Ultimate Editions to cost that much. Whether it's a wealth of content or extremely lackluster, it doesn't matter, because most Ultimate Editions have been that price.

There are games that have great Ultimate Editions like Forza Horizon, which actually has you saving by the end and getting a lot of extras, then there's this which seems to be giving you access to it's pack, but the majority of it just seems to be cars given to you that are already part of the main game. However, that means nothing to the point being made, that regardless of if it's good or not, Ultimate Editions have always been around $100. So you saying:

Also, "every one is doing it so it's fine!" /s
Makes very little sense here, because I wasn't just talking about the one's that release low-content games. So going off my Forza example, it doesn't even fit in to what you're implying at all, because it's actually a great package - applying your ridiculous assumption to that game doesn't make much sense at all, because if everyone one was actually doing it that way, it would be great.

So again, read and reply to what was actually said, and try calming down with that edginess.

Looking forward to see another Grid game, hope the new game will feature a proper cockpit view like the 1st game. The one in Autosport was disappointing...

Really stoked this series is getting a reboot. I've played through GRID 2 several times and it is arguably one of the most immersive closed-circuit racers I've ever played... And apparently that's supposed to the worst in the series? :lol: I liked the original and Autosport too, the latter wasn't really memorable though.

All the series needs is 60fps minimum across all platforms and the amazing sound design carried over from the last couple of DiRT rally games. Content has never really been an issue when it comes to Codies games, their games tend to have a greater focus on quality rather than quantity.

This is such a weird franchise,the first grid was a solid game and while arcade it tried to be aunthentic like NFS Shift, then comes Grid 2,got rid of drift events,got rid of derby and downgraded the damage physics it even got rid of cockpit view for some reason,there was a GRID autosport but i never played that.Now back to GRID again.

CALLED IT!

The biggest question is the career mode, though. If it's anything like the first Grid game, then this will be instant day-1 purchase for me.

Oh, handling is another concern for me. Mostly because I gave Dirt Rally an another shot few months back, and I was still horrible at it. :ouch:

(edit: Okay, I calmed down a little now and I've found yet another concern; I'm going to cross my finger and hope that career mode isn't dependent on constant racenet connection...)

Last edited:
Back