GRID 2019

But first you need a modeled interior. Would be ridiculous if the interior view are like that low poly ones of GRID Autosport.

Trackmania works well with no cockpit. Bumper cam with the freedom of looking around, then they can have my money

Nice to see TCR cars represented but other than that, it looks like a meh game. I'll probably get it since it's a Grid game and that's probably part of the problem.

This is a surprise and pretty freaking awesome. I will probably get this, great to have another great racing game in the mix and it’s grid! I finally get to try out eastern creek again haven’t done that since 2006 with V8 Supercars 3 wow 13 years. Wonder if they have an actual cockpit cam? Also one day before my birthday what a gift.:cheers:

Oh boy, can't wait for bugs, the bare minimum of DLC added (including previous content from GRID Autosport) and no support after three months before announcing another title a few years later.

How anybody can trust Codemasters after DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0 is beyond me.
Don't forget a twitchy and fidgety low-grip pivot-steering handling model that makes driving more of a chore than it needs to be, in some misguided attempt to be "hardcore" or even try to pass itself off as a "sim"...being more or less the same as in every other Codemasters game going back to the CMR and TRD games.

I enjoyed the first Grid in spite of its trademark Codemasters handling...because of features and content I'm not seeing here. And I still have my copy. Or I could buy it on the Switch if I wanted. That seems like a much better buy to me, unless there's a lot more to reveal about this game -- just getting the original, on a handy portable platform. Which goes to show how hard-pressed Codemasters is these days, that their best recent effort is a port of their 11-year-old work. :indiff:

EDIT: Oops, I forgot it was Grid Autosport on the Switch, not the original.

Last edited:
Will buy this and probably just buy DLC as it comes out. Not one to put down full price to get ultimate editions. Been burned in the past.

Still waiting for GTR 3... those liars.
How many times did the development start again? Dont show videos or sound demos when you cant hold your standards...

If Codies get this wrong then there's no point in the GRID series any more. I may consider buying it if the physics and wheel optimisation are better than Autosport, but I'm really hesitant.

Content is looking really light at this stage and the proposed DLC sounds quite sketchy as well. If Codies goes down the GRID 2 route with the single player career structure, that may make the reboot dead on arrival.

Is this another quick push out to make a few exes bucks before next gen comes out?

I didn't notice that, but yeah, this is pretty much a mirror image of when Codies dropped GRID Autosport at the ass end of the generation and basically left it to die with no hype and no build up. Yet another reason to be wary, I suppose.

The fact that Autosport actually rewards real driving technique and GTS doesn't is what really sold the game for me lol. I don't think they'd rename GRID to be this pushover. Excited as ****.

I didn't notice that, but yeah, this is pretty much a mirror image of when Codies dropped GRID Autosport at the ass end of the generation and basically left it to die with no hype and no build up. Yet another reason to be wary, I suppose.
That's exactly what sprung to mind. I'm not seeing any reason to be interested in this game as of yet.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Camaro GT4

DiRT 3 and GRID 2019 Camaro SSX

I think we will see both cars in GRID 2019...

The Camaro SSX is SuperModified class and Camaro GT4 should be in Tier 1 GT Class (alongside with all others GT4 cars from Dirt 2.0). I think that will be the case :)

Alonso has signed on as Race Consultant for GRID.

Presumably it'll come with the feature of failing to qualify, then.

In all seriousness though, I see no niche that this would fill that nothing else in my (quite plentiful) racing games library already does. Yet.

Oh boy, can't wait for bugs, the bare minimum of DLC added (including previous content from GRID Autosport) and no support after three months before announcing another title a few years later.

How anybody can trust Codemasters after DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0 is beyond me.

It amazes me how many people straight up don't realize, or don't care, that Codies past two games barring F1 (and maybe even then!) have been utter disasters in terms of fostering any good will between players.

Why would it change with GRID?
I'm sorry but, I completely disagree with your assessment on DIRT RALLY 2.0.

Is it too expensive? Yes, no question, as I paid full price for the Standard Version. Wish they were more transparent with this information but ultimately dumb on my part for not knowing 3 Seasons of content came with the Deluxe version along with discount on future content.

However, the game is quality through and through and they're constantly coming out with updates for it.

The FFB had some issues at launch for some of the wheels but even with the broken/incomplete FFB, it still felt alot more lively then GTS EVER HAS for me. Do I have to remind all of you of all of the FFB issues GTS has had since launch with their umpteenth update regarding car physic and FFB?

Also, in case you didn't know DIRT Rally 2.0 came out with a FFB update just last week and it's gotten better.
Edit:https://www.gtplanet.net/dirt-rally-2-0-force-feedback-update-now-available/

My point is, I wouldn't have Codemasters wear a black eye for something that most Sim Racing producers are guilty of nowadays, including Polyphony.

Last edited:
Content is looking really light at this stage and the proposed DLC sounds quite sketchy as well. If Codies goes down the GRID 2 route with the single player career structure, that may make the reboot dead on arrival.
Might be worse. DIRT Rally 2.0 has many old cars and stages locked by season pass or paid DLC. I could see it happening again with this new GRID with the old cars and tracks from older GRID series.

I really want this game to be good, but am cautious with the hype. The thing I miss most about many modern racing games is a good damage model - and for some reason I can't see Codemasters singlehandedly convincing manufacturers to give up their reservations about simulating extensive damage just for this game.

I'm sorry but, I completely disagree with your assessment on DIRT RALLY 2.0.

Is it too expensive? Yes, no question, as I paid full price for the Standard Version. Wish they were more transparent with this information but ultimately dumb on my part for not knowing 3 Seasons of content came with the Deluxe version along with discount on future content.

However, the game is quality through and through and they're constantly coming out with updates for it.

The FFB had some issues at launch for some of the wheels but even with the broken/incomplete FFB, it still felt alot more lively then GTS EVER HAS for me. Do I have to remind all of you of all of the FFB issues GTS has had since launch with their umpteenth update regarding car physic and FFB?

Also, in case you didn't know DIRT Rally 2.0 came out with a FFB update just last week and it's gotten better.
Edit:https://www.gtplanet.net/dirt-rally-2-0-force-feedback-update-now-available/

My point is, I wouldn't have Codemasters wear a black eye for something that most Sim Racing producers are guilty of nowadays, including Polyphony.

The fact that holy PD has been recycling content and been praised for it is ironic too

This is the thing. Codemasters' games are competently made, I agree. However, especially in recent history, they have been maddening with the bugs and poor design choices present. Do I need not mention the fact that the AI in DR2.0 too is borked as well, cranking out world record runs for Rallycross and lower class rally disciplines, on difficulties lower then the highest? I'm fairly certain they haven't even touched that.

Sure, that sucks. That's really irrelevant to the topic at hand, since we're talking about Codemasters and DiRT. Plus, as pointed out up thread:

Don't forget a twitchy and fidgety low-grip pivot-steering handling model that makes driving more of a chore than it needs to be, in some misguided attempt to be "hardcore" or even try to pass itself off as a "sim"...being more or less the same as in every other Codemasters game going back to the CMR and TRD games.

So by this point, this handling model has been present for...what, ten years plus at this point? There's no excuse. Sim racers have been able to get closer with regards to somewhat realistic handling models for years now. Simcades, of which the TOCA/GRID series has always been apart of, have been able to make fun, decently realistic handling physics for years now. There's simply no excuse to continue with what Codemasters has done.

It still took three months for an update to come out for something that should have been at worst minimized, and really, should have been ready to go at launch.

And yet, the rub is that what Codemasters has done trumps them all, including Polyphony. People like to make a boogeyman (rightful or not) out of EA, well, the things that Codemasters have been doing for a long time now are quite reminiscent of EA, even down to the straight up murdering of studios that don't perform after given no chance to succeed, as them shuttering Evolution after the failure that was ONRUSH has proven.

The fact that holy PD has been recycling content and been praised for it is ironic too

If you had looked through my posts, you'd see that I have harped on about that very fact, that if it wasn't for the fact that Polyphony lied about GT Sport being online only in essence, and got caught with their pants down when people (rightfully) complained about there being no single player content other then one and done Arcade mode races and Circuit Experience / Driving Missions, then they absolutely would have sold the cars being given for free. I've also criticized Forza Horizon 4 for this.

I loved Autosport..so i hope this takes elements of it like the various teams and rivalries. The 'nemesis' driver sounds an interesting aspect,so hopefully they are concentrating on that action mid-race...its always what Grid had over games like Project Cars and Gran Turismo - the AI actually making mistakes,spinning out etc. I do have a concern over lack of real race tracks in it - city circuits and ovals do nothing for me.

Plus the fact ill be balls deep in F1 2019 at the time of release...other than that,its a very exciting announcement!

My hype for this disappeared almost as suddenly as the announcement!

Just love when the developers make you feel like you’re buying a gimped version if you even consider the base game.

-Cut content already reserved for multiple seasons
-heavily featured Porsche in the trailer is unavailable in the base game, along with several other cars.

Trying to upsell me on the Deluxe package before I have any confidence in your game is a big turn off. Pass.

My hype for this disappeared almost as suddenly as the announcement!

Just love when the developers make you feel like you’re buying a gimped version if you even consider the base game.

-Cut content already reserved for multiple seasons
-heavily featured Porsche in the trailer is unavailable in the base game, along with several other cars.

Trying to upsell me on the Deluxe package before I have any confidence in your game is a big turn off. Pass.

The so-called "AAA" industry has been doing this for years now. The base $60 games nowadays are basically a shell with more marketing put towards selling Deluxe, Gold, and Ultimate editions, before bringing out Complete and Platinum editions about 6 months later.

I loved GAS with the online team aspect and livery editor. The DLC did bring new options to the table with classic touring cars and the drag mode. Though the dropping of support and lack of online variety in quick race made it a bit of a chore near the end.

Still had the most fun I've had in online multiplayer with GAS

I'm looking forward to it but will wait to get it as I'm wary of what the games have been like lately

Oh Alonzo says its perfect game for him, must be good.........or a mass market product yeah. What a simpleton marketing line to say lol, we're back to the beginning. I bet he'll never play this game unless in marketing events.:lol:

Last edited:
For those of us who have already been disenchanted with or disengaged from the GT series for more than a decade, pulling this to counter criticism of another game means nothing.

Although on that subject, I would approve if this game recycled every car and track from Grid, Grid 2, and Grid Autosport in a straight copy-paste like the "Standard" cars of the PS3 GTs -- all included with the base game, of course. Combine that with the (offline singleplayer) create-your-own-team gameplay of the original game (or Dirt 4) and that would be significantly more compelling than what we have here. 👍

But I'm one of the few who thought that having cars with low-res textures was better than not having those cars at all -- except for how they needed more work on their handling parameters. And I didn't even enjoy GT5 or seek out an opportunity to try GT6.

Back