GScube: A glimpse of the PS3's power

• Thread starter Concept
  • 6 comments

Concept

(Banned)
GScube: 16x the Power of PS2

Sony gives a glimpse of PS3 power with its new workstation.

Last year, Sony announced that is would be releasing a graphics workstation based on its Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer technology for the use of creating CG an special effects for movies. The system has 16 pairs of EE and GS chips, the machine is capable of rendering 1.2 gigapolygons (that's 1000 million) per second , running in 1920x1080 (HDTV) resolution at 60fps. 2 gigabytes of system memory and 512 megabytes of video memory.

Please read this people. I did not paste it. :)

Originally posted by ViperConcept
GScube: 16x the Power of PS2

Sony gives a glimpse of PS3 power with its new workstation.

Last year, Sony announced that is would be releasing a graphics workstation based on its Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer technology for the use of creating CG an special effects for movies. The system has 16 pairs of EE and GS chips, the machine is capable of rendering 1.2 gigapolygons (that's 1000 million) per second , running in 1920x1080 (HDTV) resolution at 60fps. 2 gigabytes of system memory and 512 megabytes of video memory.

Please read this people. I did not paste it. :)

WOW!! Do you have a link showing this information?

big, shiny, fast.

that's all i need to know.

anyway, does graphics really mean everything? it's not about graphics, it's about the game. what does it matter if Gran turismo has basic PSX graphics or PS3 graphics? it's a good game. if a game came out saying "best graphics in the world", yet it played ****, what would be the point in it?

amazing game for the PSX, or crap game for the PS3? you decide.

Originally posted by piesupreme
big, shiny, fast.

that's all i need to know.

anyway, does graphics really mean everything? it's not about graphics, it's about the game. what does it matter if Gran turismo has basic PSX graphics or PS3 graphics? it's a good game. if a game came out saying "best graphics in the world", yet it played ****, what would be the point in it?

amazing game for the PSX, or crap game for the PS3? you decide.

Bravo! Mighty good speach. But would you buy a game that had the visuals of a PSX when something like the XBox was available?

I know what you're saying though ... I'm in for the gameplay, but there is a certain amount of physical asthetics that make a difference. It's a package deal. And the gameplay can be better if the visuals are better, because the player gets into the game more.

~LoudMusic

Back