Gt 4 prologue is being shipped now with free shipping : ) !!!!

• Thread starter Soman
  • 36 comments
Where do you live?
I'm seriously tempted to order this now.
Edit: Scratch that, it's been ordered.

What?! My question is, Do I need a Mod Chip to be able to play the GT4P in the US? I'm still speculated.

Which one should I get?

Mod-chip (it's pretty expensive and might efff my ps2), Swap Magic thing or gameshark?

I'm currently thinking of getting the Swap Magic, it's cheap and relatively easy to use.

None of them are good options and I recom you to get DMS3 and its upgradable and you can turn off it so if you want to go online or for whatever reason then you can turn the chip off.
and ye dms3 is a solder chip check out at www.dms3.com

careful guys.

not sure if GT4 will have an online capability or not but if it does, it might not work if your ps2 is modded . (online play that is).

just a warning .

Thats true if your ps2 cant be switched off/ or put to sleep mode then forget about online but the Messiah 2 pro and the DMS3 can be switched of so dont worry about that. As when you have a swtiched of mod chip then they cant detect it and it works exactly like an original ps2, only boots your regions ps2 games and originals

Originally posted by Soman
Thats true if your ps2 cant be switched off/ or put to sleep mode then forget about online but the Messiah 2 pro and the DMS3 can be switched of so dont worry about that. As when you have a swtiched of mod chip then they cant detect it and it works exactly like an original ps2, only boots your regions ps2 games and originals

So the DMS3 is the way to go?

I've heard that there are 2 kinds of DMS3 chips...one that works with version 2-8 (i'm not sure what these mean) and DMS3 v2 (it said something that it supports DV9). DV9 = dual layer ? Is Prologue disc a dual layer?

The one I could get installed is the DMS3 v2...

Yes thats true (2 dms3 chips), the prologue disc is not dual layer, its around 1.8 GB unpacked....

The ps2 that is V9 is the motherboard on the ps2. The new ps2(+) and the silver ones are v9s the rest are v1-v8s

V* is just number of the new motherboards systems as sony tries to combat piracy but allas they failed all 9 times : )

I need to get a modchip for my PS2 to play Prologue and I know now the DMS3 is a good mod chip but is there any non solder chip that is guarenteed to work with it? I dont know how to solder but if I absolutley need a modchip that needs to be soldered I may be able to find someone to do it.

Thanks

One more question, once your PS2 is modded and you play the game, is the writing still in Japanese or is it in English?

DMS3 is the best modchip released so far, but I´m happy with my Magic 2. And I´m getting my copy of prologue next wednesday, for the expensive amount of US$3,00.

Originally posted by silverpuyo
how does one turn modchip on and off? is there a hardware switch? or is it done by some button combo on your controller?

It depends on the modchip, like Magic 3.1, u can install a switch device outside the ps2. The DMS3 can be switched off on the reset button.
But some modchips like Magic 2(my case) can´t be switched off.

Thanx for posting the link I just ordered it, now I will have something to hold me over until the US release, cuz I really didn't want to get the Japanese release, beat it, and then have to do it all over again with the US version.

It works for some games but sometimes you have to patch the games with patches that are released by groups, its a solution that works but is a very bad one.

Ok thanks for the reply. But I just came across something else, the PS2 Flip-Top Case. I was wondering if it will play Prologue. IT says it plays PS2 CD-R and DVD-R back-ups (copies of your originals) and imports. Is this worth buying? I hate to keep bothering but im trying to find the best way to play the game without having to get a modchip that requiers soldering because I dont want to take the chance of melting something. My warranty is already voided so I dont have a problem taking the top off the case.

Thanks.

Edit**
The link for it is here : http://www.modmonster.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=75

Back