GT 7 Collector's Edition Opinions/Wishes

• Thread starter vcx
  • 17 comments

vcx

Turkey
Turkey
VCX35
Hello everyone, GT7 is going to come in the early 2021 as you know and the game serie had great collector's edition packages in past from GT5 to GT6.

I wonder about will we see GT7 Collector's Edition package? Please do not hesitate to share your opinions, ideas, wishes any news about it in this topic.

I wish there will be a collector's edition for the digital edition PS5 but instead of the disk being inside, there would be a code to redeem on the PS Store

I think it'll be the same like in GT Sport, giving you a head start with some new cars in your Garage and quite a decent amount of credits, not to mention, special livery items for use in the Livery Editor.

GT Sport is about the Sport aspect. That one had the 10 race pack.

I guess a pack like the 15th Anniversary diverse group of cars.

- credits
- paint chips
- parts

Maybe Part 2 of Lewis Hamilton TT using the latest tracks.

I think it'll be the same like in GT Sport, giving you a head start with some new cars in your Garage and quite a decent amount of credits, not to mention, special livery items for use in the Livery Editor.
IIRC something similar happened with GT6, too. I'd be very fine with this approach, as well - mostly getting a head-start with some extra credits and cars, and maybe some other extras, like a special helmet and/or some PSN avatars.

Personally, I'd be down for the cars having a more specific motif, rather than it being a relatively random set of race cars like in GTS. Perhaps we could get a car from each major partner, like the Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3, the Toyota A90 Supra 2020 (though I hope both versions of the A90 make it into GT7), the Porsche Taycan, and the Lamborghini VGT. Plus maybe a car connected to Lewis Hamilton, if he reprises his role in GT7 - perhaps the Mercedes-AMG W08, or even the LH Edition of the Mercedes-Benz VGT.

Last edited:
Don't know about you guys, but with these CEs I'm most interested in the physical goodies. GT5/6 CE had the Beyond The Apex book, and GTS CE had the gorgeous APEX book. All jam packed with useful information and amazing photos (perfect to read while waiting for that large Day 1 patch to install :lol:). GT5 CE also had the GT-R scale model, key chain and USB stick. GTS CE had the AMG GT scale model.

The extra in game cars and credits are nice, but honestly they don't make a difference in the long run. I feel bad for those who miss out on the exclusive liveries (e.g. Chromeline & Stealth cars in GT5, 15th Anniv cars in GT6) and in the case of GTS there was a huge kerfuffle with people not receiving cars, or receiving dupes (which can't be deleted and forever stuck in your garage).

I hope if there is GT7 CE, it goes back to having lots of physical trinkets and less in game bonuses.

For me a Collector Edition would be a must buy if they put in a 1.43 scale model like the GT Sport one, with the AMG GT made by Norev.
As a collector of scale models in that scale it will be great.

Don't know about you guys, but with these CEs I'm most interested in the physical goodies. GT5/6 CE had the Beyond The Apex book, and GTS CE had the gorgeous APEX book. All jam packed with useful information and amazing photos (perfect to read while waiting for that large Day 1 patch to install :lol:). GT5 CE also had the GT-R scale model, key chain and USB stick. GTS CE had the AMG GT scale model.

The extra in game cars and credits are nice, but honestly they don't make a difference in the long run. I feel bad for those who miss out on the exclusive liveries (e.g. Chromeline & Stealth cars in GT5, 15th Anniv cars in GT6) and in the case of GTS there was a huge kerfuffle with people not receiving cars, or receiving dupes (which can't be deleted and forever stuck in your garage).

I hope if there is GT7 CE, it goes back to having lots of physical trinkets and less in game bonuses.
And I hope we'd get those physical goodies in the US, as it seems like a lot of games only have physical bonuses outside the US. But I'd be fine with some extra credits/cars, and exclusive liveries/driver gear like we've seen with the other games, too.

Last edited:
Since I am digital now the only edition I will be buying is most likely the 'digital edition' from PlayStation store so collectables for this game are not really of interest and I haven't bought any of the previous ones so probably not going to start now.

As long as the codes work this time and I don't end up with a DLC code of cars I can't use....

Come on guys!! I already got this info direct from PD and laid it out in 2018..

Special Collector’s Edition contents:

· Brushed Aluminum Case with raised lettering stamped with individual PSN IDs

· Special GT 7 commemorative 1 Yen coin hand stamped at the Bradford Mint

· GT branded duvet and pillow case (single-bed only)

· Signed Topless Glamour photo of TRL Lightning

· 20% off eharmony subscription

:sly:

Last edited:
Come on guys!! I already got this info direct from PD and laid it out in 2018..

Special Collector’s Edition contents:

· Brushed Aluminum Case with raised lettering stamped with individual PSN IDs

· Special GT 7 commemorative 1 Yen coin hand stamped at the Bradford Mint

· GT branded duvet and pillow case (single-bed only)

· Signed Topless Glamour photo of TRL Lightning

· 20% off eharmony subscription

:sly:

Difficult day at work today so that made me chuckle on my break! I would quite happily buy it if there was a Gran Turismo Duvet Cover but I guess I'll have to stick with Miku for now! :cheers:

We need a successor to the Apex and Beyond The Apex magazines that came with GT5 and GT6, respectively. Physical incentives like these last a lifetime, whereas digital incentives only live within the game until you don’t play it anymore.

vcx
Hello everyone, GT7 is going to come in the early 2021 as you know and the game serie had great collector's edition packages in past from GT5 to GT6.

I wonder about will we see GT7 Collector's Edition package? Please do not hesitate to share your opinions, ideas, wishes any news about it in this topic.

Late 2021 or second half of 2021, first half of 2021 it's unlikely

When I wrote this info, the release date was about first half of 2021 :) now it changes though.

Last edited:
We have information about standard and anniversary edition's features but no info yet about the Collector's Edition. Do you think that Polyphony will make it or no?

vcx
We have information about standard and anniversary edition's features but no info yet about the Collector's Edition. Do you think that Polyphony will make it or no?
Unfortunately I don’t think there’ll be one. It would’ve made sense to announce it at the same time, not later.

Back