GT Academy Champion Nick McMillen Launches MotorsportsCoach.com

That's actually pretty reasonable in terms of pricing. While on the surface, $500-$750 a day seems pricey, when you look at coaching for other hobbies it's pretty much in the ballpark. I take golf lessons on occasion and typically they can be $150 just for a couple hours at the driving range or more if I want one-on-one training on the course. This is in addition to paying the green and cart fees.

The simulator training is actually pretty cool too. $75 an hour is pretty reasonable there too.

It'll be interesting to see how this takes off!

I like how Dalziel says the site is a direct copy:

You know except for the layout, the wording, and the fact that Dalziel's site doesn't list any prices up front...which is a terrible way to advertise coaches. If I'm going to book someone, I want to know if their experience level corresponds to the price upfront without having to waste time contacting them only to find out they want some absurd amount of money.

I also find it a bit funny that he thinks he has the monopoly on a web service. It'd be like Travelocity complaining that Priceline exists.

I like how Dalziel says the site is a direct copy:

You know except for the layout, the wording, and the fact that Dalziel's site doesn't list any prices up front...which is a terrible way to advertise coaches. If I'm going to book someone, I want to know if their experience level corresponds to the price upfront without having to waste time contacting them only to find out they want some absurd amount of money.

I also find it a bit funny that he thinks he has the monopoly on a web service. It'd be like Travelocity complaining that Priceline exists.

Sorry but I disagree. Yes while on the surface it looks different, the website navigation is almost identical, and changing a few things doesn't keep it from being a copy. Just looking at the top bar alone, the two sites swap "How It Works" and "Find a Coach" but are essentially in the same spot (left side of the links bar), and "Apply to Be A Coach" takes you to the same style page as Dalziel's "Coaches" page.

I don't think he nor John Dagys or anyone else is complaining or thinking there's a monopoly in favor of Dalziel. It boils down to the fact that the site is almost an exact copy in feel, wording, and layout to his site, and obviously if a lot of names are saying the same thing, perhaps they're onto something. As the saying goes, if there's smoke...

Sorry but I disagree. Yes while on the surface it looks different, the website navigation is almost identical, and changing a few things doesn't keep it from being a copy. Just looking at the top bar alone, the two sites swap "How It Works" and "Find a Coach" but are essentially in the same spot (left side of the links bar), and "Apply to Be A Coach" takes you to the same style page as Dalziel's "Coaches" page.

I don't think he nor John Dagys or anyone else is complaining or thinking there's a monopoly in favor of Dalziel. It boils down to the fact that the site is almost an exact copy in feel, wording, and layout to his site, and obviously if a lot of names are saying the same thing, perhaps they're onto something. As the saying goes, if there's smoke...

They're both probably based off a generic template from a web creation program which is why the basic structure is the same. I mean there's only so many ways you can make a website that's both users friendly and compatible with various web browsers including mobile ones. While I agree that the sites do have similarities, I'm not sure how it's a literal copy like Dalziel suggests. Going back to the travel site example, they are all similar to some degree since that's the most efficient way to present the information.

The way I'm reading Dalziels Tweets is that he's just mad that someone else is giving him some competition. The market will ultimately sort it all out.

VBR
@GumballCGT - Wishing you all the best with your new endeavour. 👍

Thanks so much for the support! Means a lot.

Hate to say it, but looks like you've ticked off several well-known members of the sports car community and I feel they may have a point:

Criticism is going to happen and it was to be somewhat expected. The sites are actually quite different in many ways with MotorsportsCoach offering the ability to search, book, and pay all in one platform. That means no going back and forth over emails, phone calls, or negotiating pricing. It also offers coaches in various motorsport categories such as motocross, sim racing, road racing, rally, and many more allowing a large variety of options depending what you are interested in or compete in.

One of the best features that makes coaching more accessible through MotorsportsCoach is the ability for coaches to list specific coaching items or packages, more like a menu, that range in pricing. Not everyone can afford to spend hundreds of dollars for a full day of coaching, but this allows coaches to be much more accessible to hire as users can choose items such as track notes, video analysis, 30 minutes of sim coaching, you name it. Right now you can book a 30 minute personal coaching session with GT Academy finalist, Tyrell Meadows, for only $25.

I've provided some attached images of the site so you guys can check it out. I do appreciate all of your feedback and am happy to answer any more questions!

Thank you,
Nick

Attachments

• MotorsportsCoach Coach Packages.jpg
    MotorsportsCoach Coach Packages.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 45
  • MotorsportsCoach Coach Profile.JPG
    MotorsportsCoach Coach Profile.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 47
  • MotorsportsCoach Coach Search Page.JPG
    MotorsportsCoach Coach Search Page.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 49
  • MotorsportsCoach Home Page.JPG
    MotorsportsCoach Home Page.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 48
  • MotorsportsCoach Homepage 2.JPG
    MotorsportsCoach Homepage 2.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 48
  • MotorsportsCoach Schedule Book Pay.JPG
    MotorsportsCoach Schedule Book Pay.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
Criticism is going to happen and it was to be somewhat expected. The sites are actually quite different in many ways with MotorsportsCoach offering the ability to search, book, and pay all in one platform. That means no going back and forth over emails, phone calls, or negotiating pricing. It also offers coaches in various motorsport categories such as motocross, sim racing, road racing, rally, and many more allowing a large variety of options depending what you are interested in or compete in.

One of the best features that makes coaching more accessible through MotorsportsCoach is the ability for coaches to list specific coaching items or packages, more like a menu, that range in pricing. Not everyone can afford to spend hundreds of dollars for a full day of coaching, but this allows coaches to be much more accessible to hire as users can choose items such as track notes, video analysis, 30 minutes of sim coaching, you name it. Right now you can book a 30 minute personal coaching session with GT Academy finalist, Tyrell Meadows, for only $25.

I've provided some attached images of the site so you guys can check it out. I do appreciate all of your feedback and am happy to answer any more questions!

Thank you,
Nick

Will there be anything to help those outside the U.S? Say, for example, Australia?
It's all neatly organised, so I was a bit disappointed to see there is currently nothing for offer for international users.

Will there be anything to help those outside the U.S? Say, for example, Australia?
It's all neatly organised, so I was a bit disappointed to see there is currently nothing for offer for international users.

You could ask him to email you a lesson? :D

It seems a strange complaint - track sessions are based at tracks, I'm sure you can find something in your part of the world that offers a reasonably similar service?

Great question! And the answer is yes! The plan is to get our international coaches onboard soon. While we can take payments from nearly anywhere and any currency in the world, we feel most comfortable setting up our platform to display the relevant prices coaches set in their currency first before bringing international coaches on. It takes a little longer for the web developers to setup the part where it displays the proper foreign currency for each user, and then charges in that currency when we are working with all the various currency types. So hang tight!

I literally can't see any layout or wording similarity between the two sites at all - the nearest thing is the How It Works/Find a Coach menu option locations, and they're switched around, have different names (a/your) and only one site actually tells you how it works under the How It Works option. And it isn't Ryan's site. Everything else is in different places and/or worded differently.

There'll always be a functional similarity for sites that offer similar functions - there's only a limited number of ways to do these things, and those are the ways market research says work best - but I don't see LateRooms whining that Trivago copied it.

Thanks so much for the support! Means a lot.

Thank you,
Nick

What does the full day program entail? Is there a description on the site so I can evaluate before deciding the right package?

What does the full day program entail? Is there a description on the site so I can evaluate before deciding the right package?

Hi @dabz343. I appreciate the question! Each coach is able to set their coaching packages and what each package entails. So it's not really a one size fits all for every coach. The great thing about this is you are able to look at each coach to determine who fits best for what you are looking for. If you want, you can even try a new coach each time you decide to book a coaching session.

If needed, each coach is easily reachable for questions by clicking on the "Ask a Question" button once you have signed up for a client account (which is free!). You can discuss more with each coach if you are looking for item specifics, coaching programs, locations, etc. that may have not been listed. I've provided some screenshots below for examples.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to reach out through here or email us at info@motorsportscoach.com!

Best,
Nick

Attachments

• Nick Coaching Package.JPG
    Nick Coaching Package.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Tyrell Coaching Package.JPG
    Tyrell Coaching Package.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Armen Coach Package.JPG
    Armen Coach Package.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 20
This is great! Eagerly waiting for an international expansion :D

We are working on it! While we can take payments from nearly anywhere, we are working on making sure the correct currency prices are set to display via a coaches preferred currency or location before displaying them on site. We have international coaches in the works with our next update so stay tuned for more!

Hi @dabz343. I appreciate the question! Each coach is able to set their coaching packages and what each package entails. So it's not really a one size fits all for every coach. The great thing about this is you are able to look at each coach to determine who fits best for what you are looking for. If you want, you can even try a new coach each time you decide to book a coaching session.

If needed, each coach is easily reachable for questions by clicking on the "Ask a Question" button once you have signed up for a client account (which is free!). You can discuss more with each coach if you are looking for item specifics, coaching programs, locations, etc. that may have not been listed. I've provided some screenshots below for examples.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to reach out through here or email us at info@motorsportscoach.com!

Best,
Nick

I appreciate the answer! Sort of deduced that from the site, perhaps I should have been more specific.

What does your full-day package include? If you prefer, start a conversation with me here on GTP.

We are working on it! While we can take payments from nearly anywhere, we are working on making sure the correct currency prices are set to display via a coaches preferred currency or location before displaying them on site. We have international coaches in the works with our next update so stay tuned for more!
Will do!

Back