GT Academy Prize Car Seasonal

Couple new races for the Leaf Academy car have come up.
Autumn Ring and Eifel(kart)

I was just there and didn't see anything, lol. Damnit, now I gotta log back in and check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

A Seasonal Special it seems:

Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version) '11: Autumn Ring Mini / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.300,000 / 2nd: Cr.165,000 / 3rd: Cr.120,000

Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version) '11 Eifel (Kart) 207A Time Trial
Gold: Cr.300,000 / Silver: Cr.200,000 / Bronze: Cr.100,000

A race and a time trial, looks like fun. :)

The first race is very hard its harder then cracking the top 500 on GTA 8-5 was. they let you tune the car so that gives you suspension and weight reduction thats it, I'm shocked they made it that hard Autumn ring mini is a hard track to pass on because if you step out of the line it can slow you down an mess up your corner entry glad it's not easy but this one is going to take a little effort

An i was trying to complete it with comfort tires might actually need to run Sports for this one can't wait for the Silvia races like this drift the stock sylvia that would be fun

I'd love to know what prizes there will be. I don't want to drive the leaf ever again, but I can be bribed (if the prize isn't lame).

the prizes are a lvl 0 car and free repair coupons if you do the races with sports hards you'll have the lead by lap 4 i was into 2nd on sh by lap 3 so the challenge is easy with sports tires

I thought it said Comfort Mediums and thought it was impossible :lol:.

the prizes are a lvl 0 car and free repair coupons if you do the races with sports hards you'll have the lead by lap 4 i was into 2nd on sh by lap 3 so the challenge is easy with sports tires

What's in a lvl 0 ticket?

Got a Gold Chrome as my prize paint in the TT :lol:. Still only getting 2nd in the race though..

Edit: Won, buying the fixed suspension did wonders.

Last edited:
Managed 1:19.460 throwing me into 139th, probably something lower now seeing as the leader just pulled a 1:16. The last corner of section two can really be taken advantage of, understeer with speed into the grass and use it as extra road, silliness. As an average DS3 guy, I'm exhausted. :(

The first race is very hard its harder then cracking the top 500 on GTA 8-5 was. they let you tune the car so that gives you suspension and weight reduction thats it, I'm shocked they made it that hard Autumn ring mini is a hard track to pass on because if you step out of the line it can slow you down an mess up your corner entry glad it's not easy but this one is going to take a little effort

It was kinda easy for me.the eifel one is a absolute pain in the butt.it's frustrating as the eifel track in the expert Ferrari formula challenge:grumpy:

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble golding these events...has anyone got a good tuning for this one?

Greets!

Did the race very easily, the TT was a bit more difficult as it took 2 attempts. Then I found out you could lighten the car so it's a bit faster. :banghead:

You can lighten the Leaf and fit different suspension. But the TT has to be done on Comfort Medium tyres.

I didnt want to make any permanent changes to my GTA prize car, and thankfully it wasn't needed. Just fitting a sports suspension was easily enough to gold the time trial.

Both events are pretty easy to gold with just a stock Leaf (excluding tyres of course). Just drive like you did in GT Academy, nice and smooth.

I like how PD is giving us something to do with these GT Academy cars. Also it's nice to receive restoration tickets from an event finally.

Jonasrulez
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble golding these events...has anyone got a good tuning for this one?

Greets!

nissan leaf g(gt academy)

156517_10150837637975197_1517095221_n.jpg

ballast
amount 40
position -50

specs
108 hp
1236 kg
348 pp

parts to buy
weight reduction stage 3
window weight reduction
chassis reinforcement
suspension

suspension
ride height -20/-15 camper 1.0/2.0
spring rate 9.0/10.0 toe angle -0.10/0.25
dampers extension 5/7
dampers compression 6/8
antiroll bars 4/7

brakes
5/5

it maybe slow but it really grip.it grip like my prius tc but i do over 9 minutes around the nurburgring.so,it's pretty slow though

Last edited:
I like the Eifel TT, got 1:20.171 on 2nd lap with unmodified Leaf - don't want to apply mod that can't be reversed, easy gold, be smooth with steering and brake.

nissan leaf g(gt academy)

156517_10150837637975197_1517095221_n.jpg

ballast
amount 0
position 0

specs
108 hp
1236 kg
348 pp

parts to buy
weight reduction stage 3
window weight reduction
chassis reinforcement
suspension

suspension
ride height -20/-15 camper 1.0/2.0
spring rate 9.0/10.0 toe angle -0.10/0.25
dampers extension 5/7
dampers compression 6/8
antiroll bars 4/7

brakes
5/5

it maybe slow but it really grip.it grip like my prius tc but i do over 9 minutes around the nurburgring.so,it's pretty slow though
This is awful why would anyone do that to a perfectly fine car? Especially such ridiculous springs and ride weight, destroying a car's true handling is bad news unless your turning it into a purpose tuned racing car.
Change the tyres and drive it properly is all that's required.
Does anyone else share my views?

Is there any way to get this car now?

Sadly, no. Unless you completed all of GT Academy with all Golds, (or at least had gold on any 5 of a single group) you cannot participate in this because you cannot acquire the car.

Okay, thanks for letting me know, I missed the GT Academy :grumpy:

Sadly, no. Unless you completed all of GT Academy with all Golds, (or at least had gold on any 5 of a single group) you cannot participate in this because you cannot acquire the car.

Okay, thanks for letting me know, I missed the GT Academy :grumpy:

people must correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is still possible to download the academy,get the golds and recieve the price cars.

Back