GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
Great racing today fellas, that was a lot of fun!! Thanks again for the races guys! :cheers:

Why is it never as much air as it feels like at the time? I felt like I was 50’ in the air when it happened. :lol:

403891A7-FB98-465A-A66A-8B2F5DB19C55.jpeg

1B757A0A-A7D3-4CFE-9F50-2A5D2DA1F4BE.jpeg

Edit: Today’s events from my perspective. :)

Last edited:
Edit: Today’s events from my perspective. :)
Ah, I'm glad you recorded the whole thing. 👍

Could you not hear me talking in the party chat, though?

Made a music video with the first 2 races. Planned on making a video of all the races. But ran out of song. :D

Heh, thanks for featuring the injustice I suffered around the 0:45 mark there... :lol:

mememe_29c40e164c844494e95e5cb139cd5237-1.jpg

Ah, I'm glad you recorded the whole thing. 👍

Could you not hear me talking in the party chat, though?

I could hear you in the chat. 👍 Did your voice not come out on the stream?(I haven’t had a chance to re watch it yet). If so, maybe your PS4 settings didn’t allow your voice chat to be shared, I know that’s happened on our Friday night races a few times before. There’s an option in share settings I think it is, that allows your voice chat to be shared on streams. :)

Sorry again about taking you out in the first race, I had just gotten home from work and didn’t get a chance to warm up at all. :cheers:

GT Career Mode Challenge Round 1 - HIGHLIGHTS
(Race 1-3, unfortunately I ran out of storage while shooting the 4th replay)

Aside from my increasing hatred towards karts that nearly wiped out the site owner...good race, gents! I'm looking forward to racing actual cars starting from next week. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks all was great fun :) would have been even better if my wheel had not come lose lol was holding on for my life and trying to fix on the back straight.
well tried anyway was slipping off again so had to retire, so will be getting some bolts in for next round . :cheers: :gtplanet:

I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, so I haven't yet posted up the results, declared a karting champion, oddsed the handicaps, or finalised the cars for next week yet...

... but BB Raceway was legendary. If @Tom is watching, a 25-lap race of BB Raceway in GT Shifter Karts must be a future repechage race. Must.

Also, come do some commentary :D Or racing. Or both.

GT Career Mode Challenge Round 1 - HIGHLIGHTS
(Race 1-3, unfortunately I ran out of storage while shooting the 4th replay)

Aside from my increasing hatred towards karts that nearly wiped out the site owner...good race, gents! I'm looking forward to racing actual cars starting from next week. :cheers:

You found some great angles there, nice looking pics. 👍

Had some truly great battles, really clean driving all round. Going to be a good series i think
I second the above, had many nice battles. I was happily surprised getting my kart up into third place for the opening qualifying session.

Glad to be a part of this Career Challenge. I had a look and we're spread out pretty much across the globe :)
I only estimated where you guys are in the U.S. and Canada, but it's cool to see the distances between us and
we didn't even experience any lag at all in the lobby as far as I'm aware.

locations.jpg

I could hear you in the chat. 👍 Did your voice not come out on the stream?(I haven’t had a chance to re watch it yet). If so, maybe your PS4 settings didn’t allow your voice chat to be shared, I know that’s happened on our Friday night races a few times before. There’s an option in share settings I think it is, that allows your voice chat to be shared on streams. :)

Sorry again about taking you out in the first race, I had just gotten home from work and didn’t get a chance to warm up at all. :cheers:
Yeah, I couldn't hear myself on that stream so I was afraid it wasn't working, but that setting would explain it. 👍 I'll take a look.

And no worries about the crash. Honestly, they are so hard to drive I was expecting a lot more carnage. :lol:

Yep. Paging @Tom! Your presence is required for next round! I know you've got that new driving rig setup, so there's no excuses...

Glad to be a part of this Career Challenge. I had a look and we're spread out pretty much across the globe :)
I only estimated where you guys are in the U.S. and Canada, but it's cool to see the distances between us and
we didn't even experience any lag at all in the lobby as far as I'm aware.

locations-jpg.959933
Nice map. I was thinking during the races about just how geographically distributed we all were and I never experienced any lag.

You found some great angles there, nice looking pics. 👍
Much appreciated! This time around, I was highly inspired by Clive Rose's virtual World Tour photographs after watching his GTPlanet interview. I owe a lot to Gran Turismo for introducing me to real life automotive photography, which is why I'm stunned when I heard that a real life sports photographer could still make incredible results in GT Sport's photo mode.

P.S. I'm no member of Getty Images, but I wouldn't mind if I were to be the "official photographer" for the series. I find myself satisfied for being able to relive the action by shooting the replays, or provided someone uploads the replays, experience the action when catching up to the time zones seem unfeasible for me. :D

P.S. I'm no member of Getty Images, but I wouldn't mind if I were to be the "official photographer" for the series. I find myself satisfied for being able to relive the action by shooting the replays, or provided someone uploads the replays, experience the action when catching up to the time zones seem unfeasible for me. :D
Pictures are awesome. Thanks for taking the time. 👍

I really wanted a picture of the back of my helmet. Looks betters with HANS, looks like llama is bouncing. :D

Llama.png

I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, so I haven't yet posted up the results, declared a karting champion, oddsed the handicaps, or finalised the cars for next week yet...

... but BB Raceway was legendary. If @Tom is watching, a 25-lap race of BB Raceway in GT Shifter Karts must be a future repechage race. Must.

Yeah, I couldn't hear myself on that stream so I was afraid it wasn't working, but that setting would explain it. 👍 I'll take a look.

And no worries about the crash. Honestly, they are so hard to drive I was expecting a lot more carnage. :lol:

Yep. Paging @Tom! Your presence is required for next round! I know you've got that new driving rig setup, so there's no excuses...

Nice map. I was thinking during the races about just how geographically distributed we all were and I never experienced any lag.

Count me in!

@Famine since you're now oversubscribed 👍 I don't mind dropping out if you want to squeeze anybody else in - @Tom / @AndreasR / @numbnuts70 / @andanybodyI'vemissed.

While being surprisingly OK-ish in the karts I'm usually rubbish in anything else. I'm sure they'd all be more competitive than myself. Perhaps I could then remain on standby duties if back markers are required.

Thought I'd mention this before you kerfufflise everyone.

@IfAndOr hey bud thought you are an RR regular? I know you had not been as intrested so much in gts but looks like i see others who i have not seen before ..
I have less time in than you with RR so don't leave yourself out ... if your really not feeling gts then cool .. imo

Back