GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
I'm so confused about who we have turning up tonight now.
If there's a space I'll be there, handicap set - putting on weight is all too easy I find!
I haven't bothered tarting the cars up just in case there's no spaces. I'll probably grab one.

A question. Do we have to remain in the same car all evening or can we swap about if we want to? (It might help vary the field)

And a request, can I use comfort mediums on the front of the Beast Beat? It's ace with them fitted.

A question. Do we have to remain in the same car all evening or can we swap about if we want to?
You can choose any one of the cars for any one of the races - you're not bound to one throughout.
And a request, can I use comfort mediums on the front of the Beast Beat? It's ace with them fitted.
Hmm. I don't know, I haven't thought to try to balance them on mixed tyres. It may cure its... tendencies and make it too quick, and while Kerfuffle could deal with that if you were in the car the whole evening, it wouldn't if you jump in and out of cars.

I'll check. Probably.

Hmm, 3 wide, I'm on the yellow. We'll call it a racing incident so you can keep your job
:lol:

From my point of view, I got slightly out of shape in the second left, slid the other way in the right, then got a bit down to the inside on the last left. You were there to my left on the yellows in both lefts, so I was squeezing you a bit (steady), but the last left I kind of jumped out right a bit and stabilised it, but Jordan was on my right and died.

After Race 1 tonight I will have to spend a little time making sure the newest version of ETFuffle is okay with everything, because I've basically had to included everyone to make sure it adjusts for championship ballast properly, race by race. I'll load up Autopsy Short so everyone can practice while I'm assing about with it. Currently it looks like this, with some made up numbers (including the wrong power/weight handicaps) to check it churns out appropriate results:

upload_2020-9-29_17-14-48.png

Unfortunately I don’t have time to create a livery as I’ve been spending all day trying to get my new rig up and working. I don’t suppose anyone would have any time to knock a quick one for me please?

Further, how do we communicate in the races? Is there a discord channel or is it headsets on the PlayStation? Please forgive my ignorance. :lol:

Tom
Unfortunately I don’t have time to create a livery as I’ve been spending all day trying to get my new rig up and working. I don’t suppose anyone would have any time to knock a quick one for me please?

Further, how do we communicate in the races? Is there a discord channel or is it headsets on the PlayStation? Please forgive my ignorance. :lol:
I just chuck up a voice party on the PlayStation itself. Seems easier.

I also haven't liveried yet. I suppose I should craft something purple. Also be sure you have a Mach Forty (it's a GT SEMA car), and enough Mileage Points to give it maximum power and minimum weight :D

Also, fire a friend request over to GTPEDIA.

I just chuck up a voice party on the PlayStation itself. Seems easier.

I also haven't liveried yet. I suppose I should craft something purple. Also be sure you have a Mach Forty (it's a GT SEMA car), and enough Mileage Points to give it maximum power and minimum weight :D

Also, fire a friend request over to GTPEDIA.

No problem. I don’t actually have a headset, but I’ll pop to Tesco and try to pick one up before tonight.

Will sort the FR hopefully. If I don’t get time, my username is tombrookscomms.

Tom
No problem. I don’t actually have a headset, but I’ll pop to Tesco and try to pick one up before tonight.

Will sort the FR hopefully. If I don’t get time, my username is tombrookscomms.
Keep in mind you can use almost any headphones with a 3.5mm jack and a microphone (aside from Apple EarPods) — you can just plug them into the port on the bottom of the PS4 controller.

You can test your microphone volume in the PS4 settings just to be sure everything's working right. You can also route all game audio through the headphones connected to the controller, so your mic doesn't pick up any of the game sounds as background noise.

Another piece of advice: turn down GT Sport's in-game BGM and even the in-race sound effects, so you don't struggle to hear people talking over Lenny Ibizarre.

Keep in mind you can use almost any headphones with a 3.5mm jack and a microphone (aside from Apple EarPods) — you can just plug them into the port on the bottom of the PS4 controller.

You can test your microphone volume in the PS4 settings just to be sure everything's working right. You can also route all game audio through the headphones connected to the controller, so your mic doesn't pick up any of the game sounds as background noise.

Another piece of advice: turn down GT Sport's in-game BGM and even the in-race sound effects, so you don't struggle to hear people talking over Lenny Ibizarre.

Thank you for the advice. Despite all of the audio equipment I have, I don’t think I’ve actually got a headset with a 3.5mm input! No bother though, I’m picking one up as we speak from a local store.

Update:

A2F6846A-4A0E-451D-A2CB-DF8D4EAE1D05.jpeg

Sorry if I left abruptly. I just get pissed off that, in this day and age, I can't be provided with an internet connection that 🤬 works.
I liked this because I like the sentiment not because you left! It probably doesn't help with a full room. More people more connections. Hope it gets better for you.

I liked this because I like the sentiment not because you left! It probably doesn't help with a full room. More people more connections. Hope it gets better for you.
It's what I get for choosing to live in the middle of nowhere.

I have a mobile broadband router that's faster than my BT "broad"band but it's Nat3 and can't be used for GTS online.

Sorry if I left abruptly. I just get pissed off that, in this day and age, I can't be provided with an internet connection that 🤬 works.
You're not the only one too! When the 3rd race at Goodwood happened everyone in my screen lagged out and I thought it was my connection, which meant that it'd be best if I quit mid-race rather than ruin someone else's. The party voice chat was stuttering too.

Plus it's 4:20 AM here, I don't wanna risk not sleeping when I have online classes tomorrow! :lol:

Back