GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
@Famine since you're now oversubscribed 👍 I don't mind dropping out if you want to squeeze anybody else in - @Tom / @AndreasR / @numbnuts70 / @andanybodyI'vemissed.

While being surprisingly OK-ish in the karts I'm usually rubbish in anything else. I'm sure they'd all be more competitive than myself. Perhaps I could then remain on standby duties if back markers are required.

Thought I'd mention this before you kerfufflise everyone.

You've signed up Sir so whether you're up the front or trailing behind the leaders, it's your place and I suggest you keep it.
I didn't realise it was oversubscribed so I'll withdraw my tentative application.
Best of luck gents. :cheers:

Car list what we'll need in next tuesday's races would be nice to know so that we have time to buy them.
Sorry about that - the courses that came out of Kerfuffle made the Ks particularly hard to balance, so I've trimmed them down to three now. They work out quite nicely, with FR, MR, and FF :D

Lightweight K Car Cup
Cars and base handicap:
* Daihatsu Copen '02 - 100% Power, 98% Weight
* Honda Beat '91 - 100% Power, 100% Weight
* Toyota Sports 800 '65 - 116% Power, 100% Weight
Tyres: Comfort Soft
Circuits
Race 1: Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop (8 laps)
Race 2: Autopolis - Shortcut Course (9 laps)
Race 3: Goodwood Motor Circuit (8 laps)
Race 4: Nurburgring - Nordschleife (2 laps)*

I'll add driver handicaps shortly. Suffice to say that @jammy21 will have the biggest handicap and @richroo the biggest boost :D You can choose any one of the cars for any one of the races - you're not bound to one throughout.

Last week we only had 13 drivers, with some opting out and @daan unable to join because I forgot I was running it on GTPEDIA rather than my usual GTP_Famine account. D'oh.

This week we look a little oversubscribed because we've invited The Voice of GT Sport and the Archduke of Not Doing Anything That Might Make You Look Bad, @Tom. @O604 and @IfAndOr have volunteered to sit on the bench if necessary, but a show of hands of who's taking part would be good. My current participant list looks like this:

#77 @buybon355
#27 @daan
#46 @Drex124
#6 @Famine
#11 @homeforsummer
#28 @IfAndOr
#21 @jammy21
#8 @JockeP22
#7 @Jordan
#42 @Lazybike
#64 @O604
#61 @Pigems
#32 @RACECAR
#13 @richroo
#16 @silverman_GT
#88 @Sutsagrd
#? @Tom

Which is 17 :D If anyone can't make it for any reason, please let me know, as I don't want If/O6 to feel like they have to give way to An Celebrity.

*Yes, I know.

Last edited:
Sorry about that - the courses that came out of Kerfuffle made the Ks particularly hard to balance, so I've trimmed them down to three now. They work out quite nicely, with FR, MR, and FF :D

Lightweight K Car Cup
Cars and base handicap:
Tyres: Comfort Soft
Circuits
Race 1: Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop (8 laps)
Race 2: Suzuka East (13 laps)
Race 3: Autopolis - Shortcut Course (9 laps)
Race 4: Goodwood Motor Circuit (8 laps)
Race 5: Nurburgring - Nordschleife (2 laps)*

I'll add driver handicaps shortly. Suffice to say that @jammy21 will have the biggest handicap and @richroo the biggest boost :D You can choose any one of the cars for any one of the races - you're not bound to one throughout.

Last week we only had 13 drivers, with some opting out and @daan unable to join because I forgot I was running it on GTPEDIA rather than my usual GTP_Famine account. D'oh.

This week we look a little oversubscribed because we've invited The Voice of GT Sport and the Archduke of Not Doing Anything That Might Make You Look Bad, @Tom. @O604 and @IfAndOr have volunteered to sit on the bench if necessary, but a show of hands of who's taking part would be good. My current participant list looks like this:

#77 @buybon355
#27 @daan
#46 @Drex124
#6 @Famine
#11 @homeforsummer
#28 @IfAndOr
#21 @jammy21
#8 @JockeP22
#7 @Jordan
#42 @Lazybike
#64 @O604
#61 @Pigems
#32 @RACECAR
#13 @richroo
#16 @silverman_GT
#88 @Sutsagrd
#? @Tom

Which is 17 :D If anyone can't make it for any reason, please let me know, as I don't want If/O6 to feel like they have to give way to An Celebrity.

*Yes, I know.

#3 please.

Hi chaps. Sorry for the late show, but my house recently became sold about three minutes after a moment when I didn't even realise I was going to put it on the market. And I don't have another house, yet, so I've been a bit preoccupied.

Anyway, it would seem that I've well and truly missed the boat on this one, but I'll have the machine switched on tomorrow at the appointed time, so if there is a place left when all who are coming have shown up I'd be most pleased to take it.

Cheers, Zo.

... but BB Raceway was legendary. If @Tom is watching, a 25-lap race of BB Raceway in GT Shifter Karts must be a future repechage race. Must.
I captured the final two laps from there, the live feed from trackside and also a simultaneously running "Jordan cam". For he nearly won it if it hadn't been for that wipeout :boggled:

Nice map. I was thinking during the races about just how geographically distributed we all were and I never experienced any lag.
It's something which always manages to fascinate me, too.

This is where I’m located on the map, good ole Nova Scotia. :)
Great province for hockey! 👍

I wouldn't mind if I were to be the "official photographer" for the series.

See you guys tomorrow :cheers:

You know what, I’d also like to give my full time slot up to someone who can guarantee that they can make it for you guys every week. I thought the races started a a little later when I first signed up, I’m terrible with time zones lol. I get off work at 4pm, and these start at 4:30pm, and I’m usually working at least 10/15 min from home, sometimes farther. So it’s not 100% that I can make it home in time every Tuesday. So if someone would like to take my spot, you’re welcome to have it. :cheers:

I’ll stay on as a reserve if that’s ok though, when I get home from work I can just check the lobby to see if there is any spaces open, and if so, I’ll jump in. :)

If it's any consolation, there's a good chance that I'd probably call it quits after the Nordschleife race, or even before that. Pretty sure everyone saw me driving straight to grass and ghosting for laps during the Red Bull Ring round last week, considering that it was 4 AM at my place that time :lol:

If there are still any reserves awake at that time, I'll let you guys know. :cheers:

I captured the final two laps from there, the live feed from trackside and also a simultaneously running "Jordan cam". For he nearly won it if it hadn't been for that wipeout :boggled:
:lol:

That race was ridiculous.

The majority of it was actually quite boring from my perspective... I was cruising out front for 20 laps or so, then everybody suddenly caught up and I got taken out by the guy I employ. :crazy:

I'll likely be skipping the racing tomorrow, thanks to some shenanigans today I'll probably be unavailable all day tomorrow.

I'll likely be skipping the racing tomorrow, thanks to some shenanigans today I'll probably be unavailable all day tomorrow.
Hopefully acceptable shenanigans. On the bright side, that opens up a lobby spot...
:lol:

That race was ridiculous.

The majority of it was actually quite boring from my perspective... I was cruising out front for 20 laps or so, then everybody suddenly caught up and I got taken out by the guy I employ. :crazy:
What do you employ @buybon355 for?

Handicaps coming shortly, likely in this post. I needed to beat Kerfuffle with a stick because it wasn't doing mean gaps to mean properly.

Edit: Ah no, it was converting that the handicap properly.

Also, given the extra time needed to make sure everyone is running the right power/weight settings after each race, I'm going to drop one of the five races off for tonight so it's only four.

Last edited:
Got my livery sorted.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200928190410.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200928190329.jpg

I'm so confused about who we have turning up tonight now. Anyway, starting handicaps:

Confirmed
Driver - Power/Weight
@buybon355 - 100/101
@daan - 100/100
@Famine - 100/100
@homeforsummer - 100/100
@jammy21 - 100/102
@JockeP22 - 100/100
@Jordan - 100/100
@Tom - 100/100
@Lazybike - 100/102
@RACECAR - 100/100
@richroo - 102/97
@Sutsagrd - 101/99
@silverman_GT - 101/98

Bench
@AndreasR - 100/100
@Drex124 - 99/101
@IfAndOr - 100/101
@O604 - 101/99
@Pigems - 100/100
@Zolon32 - 100/100

Who have I missed?

In case any of this is confusing (and it is), anyone on 100/100 will use the handicaps as given for the cars:

If you're not on 100/100, simply apply the handicap you have on top of the car. Taking @Sutsagrd as an example, with 101/99 he'd have the Copen at 101/97 (1% more power, 1% less weight than above), the Beat at 101/99, and the Toyota at 117/99.

I'll check through this before we start, and I'll update everyone race by race.

If you're interested, this all works on a mean-gap-to-mean-race time basis. Essentially, once everyone has finished, Kerfuffle (or rather ETfuffle) works out what the mean finishing time is, and then each driver's percentage difference from that. It keeps a constant eye on how far each driver is from that mean finishing time in every race.

Using me as an example, over the five kart races I was 0.23% faster than the mean time, so I don't need my power or weight adjusting. @jammy21 was the fastest overall, at a mean 1.62% faster than the mean time each race, so his power and weight are adjusted to slow him down. @O604 was 1.05% slower, so his power and weight are adjusted to speed him up :D

Edit: Oh yes, karting results:

1 - @jammy21 - 107pt
2 - @Lazybike - 106pt
3 - @buybon355 - 92pt
4 - @Drex124 - 92pt
5 - @Pigems - 91pt
6 - @IfAndOr - 78pt
7 - @Jordan - 72pt
8 - @Famine - 71pt
9 - @JockeP22 - 42pt
10 - @Sutsagrd - 33pt
11 - @O604 - 27pt