GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
I'm on if someone wants to host :)

@Famine car has no level lower than 100% only higher !

Room open ...

Last edited:
I'm on if someone wants to host :)

@Famine car has no level lower than 100% only higher !
Well, Power doesn't go up and Weight doesn't go down. I was going to have it at 90 power, 110 weight as a baseline (which helps!).

Did abit of practice and here's my overall impressions for tomarrow:

- Catalunya is pretty fun, trick will be trying to precisely anticipate when the lag stops in corners like turn 3 and 4. Tight ones will unsurprisingly require managing the wheelspin as much as possible.

- Bathurst is interesting. All the downhill stuff is typical circuit business. Going up the hill beginning in turn 2 however is where it can get quite lively. While the fast portion at the top of the hill will be abit nutty, The especially tight portions heading down after the Audi R8 sign are the most tricky to nail the throttle without wheelspin. Racing up there is gonna be abit of a traffic jam for sure.

Last edited:
How are you feeling, Famine? Regardless of whether or not you can host tonight
I wish you better health for the upcoming holiday. Health is what matters, as many
have already mentioned above. I'll be sending you a case of wine for christmas ; )

Week 10 - November 24 - IndyCar (3 races); F1500
Week 11 - December 1 - World GT Challenge (3 races); Gr.3
Week 12 - December 8 - Grand Final (1 race); Gr.1

My PS Plus runs out this week (on the 19th) and I can't join tonight so just as an FYI I will have
to miss the remaining events as I didn't plan on extending the Plus until next year.

How are you feeling, Famine?
Well...

I was feeling a bit crap Thursday, getting a bit of a stiff neck through the day. There was this weird lump behind my right ear that seemed to get bigger as the day went on.

About 10.30pm Thursday night I was shivering my tits off, even in my office with the windows shut and PC and consoles on. So I went and had a skin-strippingly hot shower and that made no difference. I clambered into bed pretty much fully dressed and wearing a dressing gown (it's an Assassin's Creed robe, complete with hood; that's allowed).

My wife woke up at about 1.30am because I was shivering so hard. She measured my temperature at 38.6 and my heart rate at 120, and rammed some paracetamol into me. The whole of the right side of my head was swollen and sore to the touch (like it was bruised). Eventually my temperature went down and I was basically asleep Friday - but had another spell with a raised temperature (about 37.5 this time) later in the day.

Went to the doctor later on after he was baffled by the description of the above in a phone call. He proved equally baffled in person, but noticed the entire side of my head was red as well, and prescribed antibiotics. When I got home, my wife said "Oh yes, it's really red, weird". Turns out you can only see how red it is under "the big light" and we don't usually use the big lights :D

It's been getting less red and swollen as the week's gone on. I was adamant I've been bitten by a garage spider hiding in my headphones (which accounts for the location, lump, and spreading nature), she thought that it was shingles (which accounts for the location, the redness, and the preceding tiredness, but it's not blistering up and it's on two nerves at once), the doctor clearly thinks it's bacterial infection of some kind...

... and I just want to stay in bed.

Well...

I was feeling a bit crap Thursday, getting a bit of a stiff neck through the day. There was this weird lump behind my right ear that seemed to get bigger as the day went on.

About 10.30pm Thursday night I was shivering my tits off, even in my office with the windows shut and PC and consoles on. So I went and had a skin-strippingly hot shower and that made no difference. I clambered into bed pretty much fully dressed and wearing a dressing gown (it's an Assassin's Creed robe, complete with hood; that's allowed).

My wife woke up at about 1.30am because I was shivering so hard. She measured my temperature at 38.6 and my heart rate at 120, and rammed some paracetamol into me. The whole of the right side of my head was swollen and sore to the touch (like it was bruised). Eventually my temperature went down and I was basically asleep Friday - but had another spell with a raised temperature (about 37.5 this time) later in the day.

Went to the doctor later on after he was baffled by the description of the above in a phone call. He proved equally baffled in person, but noticed the entire side of my head was red as well, and prescribed antibiotics. When I got home, my wife said "Oh yes, it's really red, weird". Turns out you can only see how red it is under "the big light" and we don't usually use the big lights :D

It's been getting less red and swollen as the week's gone on. I was adamant I've been bitten by a garage spider hiding in my headphones (which accounts for the location, lump, and spreading nature), she thought that it was shingles (which accounts for the location, the redness, and the preceding tiredness, but it's not blistering up and it's on two nerves at once), the doctor clearly thinks it's bacterial infection of some kind...

... and I just want to stay in bed.
That sucks to hear. Please take your time to heal. It's a stressful time of the year for all. And you have all the FIA events to cover too. Rest as much as you can.

Hearing that you are cold, I can not recommend an electric blanket enough. On a chair, sitting on top of it when not under it. 👍

That sucks to hear. Please take your time to heal. It's a stressful time of the year for all. And you have all the FIA events to cover too. Rest as much as you can.

Hearing that you are cold, I can not recommend an electric blanket enough. On a chair, sitting on top of it when not under it. 👍
Thing is... I'm not actually cold. My office is super toasty even in winter, and I have a bed in here (which the dogs are allowed on, for extra warm) which is up against a radiator. I was just feeling cold and shivering proper hard (technical medical term is "rigors"), because of the fever. I pretty much woke my wife up with how much heat I was radiating.

Oh, sorry to hear that what happened to you Famine.
Postpone whole series from this year?

Oh, sorry to hear that what happened to you Famine.
Postpone whole series from this year?
I'm okay really - I even left the house once today - it's just something totally weird and unexpected. At least it's proper illness rather than just general non-specific body disintegration as usual :D And not COVID!

I was thinking we could perhaps pick up again in the New Year. As @O604 points out, there's the World Finals this week, then Christmas the following weekend, then New Year the following weekend, and most people will be doing family stuff. So maybe resume mid-January with the last three rounds :D

I'm okay really - I even left the house once today - it's just something totally weird and unexpected. At least it's proper illness rather than just general non-specific body disintegration as usual :D And not COVID!

I was thinking we could perhaps pick up again in the New Year. As @O604 points out, there's the World Finals this week, then Christmas the following weekend, then New Year the following weekend, and most people will be doing family stuff. So maybe resume mid-January with the last three rounds :D

Alrighty then. Hopefully, things will be much better for you by then.

Happy to postpone.

Sorry to hear you’ve been so unwell. I did have a vision of Scanners there given your description of your head. Thank goodness it’s better. There’s a lot of singles about and it starts with similar flu symptoms. At least it isn’t Covid but we forget there’s a lot worse illnesses around out there!

Get better soon and hope you and yours have a great Christmas and enjoy new year...see you in 2021!

:cheers:

Did manage to get some practice in but probably not nearly enough, so happy to postpone until 2021 - hope you get better soon Famine. And Bob's Burgers Grand Prix can race another day...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201215192913.jpg

Sounds to me like a classic case of overuse of the medical wine @Famine. (or cases of medical wine)

Often observed symptoms
I clambered into bed pretty much fully dressed and wearing a dressing gown
Inebriated

The whole of the right side of my head was swollen and sore to the touch
Fell over while inebriated.

I was basically asleep Friday
Recovering from inebriation.

the entire side of my head was red
Red wine will do that if you fall asleep in a puddle of it.

Have a Merry (but not too merry!) Christmas.

By the way what's a garage spider? Must be hell of a size if you can park a car in it!

Last edited:
No one has asked recently so I thought I'd just mention it. How are you feeling now @Famine? Hopefully on the mend after the antibiotics kicked in. Not so red faced probably?

It's a little early but while I'm here - Happy New Year all. Let's hope for a slightly better one than 2020!

Get well soon BB horrible to hear its hit you bad, hope you will be back in no time as i still need to beat you to the finish line :P
catch u soon

Back