GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
BB!!!!!

You do know that Covid can be taken flat don't you? Thank goodness your one at the younger end of our cohort.

I'm setting my watch now, 1:00pm Sunday 8th August 2021, The Three Wheat Heads Inn, Thropton. Fancy it? All invited.

Cheers, Zo.

Just a lift to settle. Still here, apparently I have tea bags where lungs should be. 141 covid intensive care patients in Scotland and I'm one of them. Typical.

Zo I'll always meet for a pint. Usually means a flight but that's OK
Hey BB.
Hang on in there. You know I’d take if flat and then crash as usual!
Yep. Covid is bad everywhere. We’ve expanded our ICU capacity by over 200% in the south coast and we’re all full!!

Get better soon !!
:cheers:

i say i say hows every one doing ?
i hope your all well !
@buybon355 how are you bud hope your better ?

All ok here (touch wood) . been a little chilly in the shed so not been on as much , still doing a monday on pc2 but thats all.

Q. is RR on hold atm, not sure if you guys are resuming normal formula while we wait for @Famine and BB or gt7 ?

I'm home. Still can't walk the length of myself without getting out of breath but so happy to be home. That was 28 days in hospital, 24 if which were in icu on a ventilator. Scary. Slow recovery ahead. Not ready for racing yet, even brushing my teeth takes all my breath away so please don't wait for me to kick things back off. I'll be a while before I'm close to normal breathing function

I'm home. Still can't walk the length of myself without getting out of breath but so happy to be home. That was 28 days in hospital, 24 if which were in icu on a ventilator. Scary. Slow recovery ahead. Not ready for racing yet, even brushing my teeth takes all my breath away so please don't wait for me to kick things back off. I'll be a while before I'm close to normal breathing function
BB. I’m so glad you’ve got through what must have been a pretty horrible time for you and your family. Hope you get better soon. I need you to tell me to “GO” before the lights turn green and take that corner flat again!
BW
:cheers:

How are things looking now BB? Giving Gio Compario a run for his money yet?

Lol aye, I'm catching up with you

Haven't tried racing yet but can now walk about half a mile and only need to stop a couple of times. It's my heart rate now that is concerning. Getting up to 150 bpm on a half mile walk. Think racing might just send me off the charts! Still off work which is great, but that won't last forever

It's my heart rate now that is concerning. Getting up to 150 bpm
I'll send you some of my beta blockers, they should help. I take enough pills, you're welcome to a few. :)

Good to hear that even though it's slowly, you're health is improving. ¾ of a mile next. 👍

Last edited:
your at techno need to find the blues mate ...
Glad to hear your moving around , half a mile up there has got to take its toll it's all up hill ... :)

Lol aye, I'm catching up with you

Haven't tried racing yet but can now walk about half a mile and only need to stop a couple of times. It's my heart rate now that is concerning. Getting up to 150 bpm on a half mile walk. Think racing might just send me off the charts! Still off work which is great, but that won't last forever
How is your recovery coming along now, BB?

Incidentally, does anyone have any images from the BOPs & Robbers race a while back? I found one in the thread, but I'm after a couple of others...

Yeah i'm a bit better. Lung capacity 61%
Good to hear. Does that 1% make a difference? :) Although 1% more is certainly better than 1 less.
I hope you keep up the recovery Colin. 👍

Er, I haven't got GTS installed at the moment. The old lack of space to update thing again.

keen to give it a go soon
Hey BB
glad to hear you have improved be it a little , still awhile before running up them mountains !
like paul its not in the ps atm ..
i'll put it on download ready:)

Last edited:
Yeah i'm a bit better. Lung capacity 61% which isn't great but c'est la vie. Haven't tried racing yet but would be keen to give it a go soon
Would you be up for a light evening of fun on an upcoming Tuesday? Nothing too strenuous, just a light mucking around in somethings for an hour and Mach Forty to close out.

Lung capacity 61%

Eyup Colin, north of the border 61% lung capacity marks you as an athlete! :)

I've got my rig set up in my dilapidated, no heating, two plug bedroom in our new home. Project a-go-go... And I'm ready for anything on Tuesday night. Anything but that flamin' Mach40, that is. Anyway, I'm sure to enjoy it up to that point.

Don't suppose we could put the Mach40 on C/S could we? I might be tempted...

Cheers, Zo.

How's the recovery going @buybon355? I see you popped by on June 23rd but I haven't heard from you recently so I hope you're still on the mend. It'll take some time to fully recover I expect.

Oh by the way I've enticed Zo away to PC2 land - well for the moment anyway. 😊

Last edited:
Back